Gemini now available in NZ
Last edited by dirtydawgnz; 03-17-11 at 12:21 PM.
Well...since this is unpaid spam, I'll field this one.
* LED - SSC P7 (D-Bin)
* Lumens – 900 lumens Factory rated
1. the SSC P7 D is pretty old technology. Inefficient, and performs at a mediocre level compared to what is available now.
2. The 900 lumen rating as you see always has that "factory rated" label b/c only the absolute best D-Bin emitter will reach 900lm under only the best conditions at the highest amperage tolerable for the light...which is not what they get sent out the door running due to failure rate. You can expect this light to produce 500-700lm on a good day.
3. The housing is so dang bulky compared to a multi XP-G setup. It's almost laughable. It's like turning the clock back to the 80's.
4. The price???!!! If it were a more up-to-date setup, it wouldn't be terrible, but you're basically trying to recreate the Magicshine. For $99, you can get the same setup via Magicshine at:
Thank you for your spam and I encourage the mods to leave this thread up as anti-advertisement to prohibit you from screwing our forum members into paying $175 for a light and a head strap that they can order from (similarly) dealextreme.com for $89.