Attaching full fenders to a Trek 4500 D MTB with p-clips
Hi, I am thinking of attaching full fenders (SKS chromoplastics ). My front suspension does not have eyelets for attaching stay struts. There is a provision to attach top of frame to front fork.
1) Are p-clips a good option for attaching ends of stays in front? The suspension is suntour xcm v3 HLO (30 mm dia as per suntour website )
2) which is a good brand of p-clips and are they stable?
3) can I add spacer to p-clips to clear the disk brake cantilever?
4) For the rear, I plan to use spacers on fork. I am not sure if there is enough clearance between the eyelet and the chain though.
We get lot of rain here when it does rain. I am new to all this and would appreciate your help. (Honestly, I am bit confused with terminology too)
Thanks in advance.
I had been suggested Speedez ( I have read mixed reviews and besides my rear fork has the rear derailleur cable and rear disk brake cable running along it which might make the flaps difficult to attach).
This is what I plan to do :
1) On the front suspension (which has no eyelets) use p-clips to attach the stays.
There is a hole in center below the crown of fork where I can attach top of fender.
There are metallic p-clips with rubber linings. Will they be stable and also prevent scratching the suspension ?
If the stay does not clear the disc brake caliper, I plan to add a spacer to the p-clip.
Is this ok?
2) Rear fork : On the side with the disc brake, I think a spacer should help secure the stay with the eyelet. On the side which has the rear derailleur , the chain is quite close to the eyelet and I am not sure if the chain will brush against the nut if I attach the stay to the eyelet. Maybe I should use a p-clip.
I would appreciate your feedback and suggestions as well as alternatives.
Thanks in advance.