Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-11, 10:24 AM   #1
Siu Blue Wind
Flowers for mom
Thread Starter
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 11,014
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Dancing on the rocks

Trials. Beautiful music, beautiful scenery and photography.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 12:08 PM   #2
kenhill3
use your best eye
 
kenhill3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Olympia, Washington
Bikes: '75 Bertin, '93 Parkpre Team 925, '04 Kona King Kikapu, '05 Bianchi Vigorelli
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whoa!

Rider, filmmaker, and music composer- very talented collaboration.

All MTB'ers should get to visit Moab (Whistler, too).

I especially like the music composed for this- a little edge to it but still complementing the stunning natural beauty of the desert and fluidity of the rider.
__________________
"I tell you, We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." - Kurt Vonnegut jr.
kenhill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 01:28 PM   #3
sknhgy 
Dirt Bomb
 
sknhgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Illinois
Bikes:
Posts: 2,658
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Un un. No way. That was fake. All Photoshopped. You can tell cause he's wearing jeans instead of spandex.
__________________
more cops have been killed by donuts than guns in chicago it is a medical fact ask any doctor.
sknhgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 04:47 PM   #4
Siu Blue Wind
Flowers for mom
Thread Starter
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 11,014
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhill3 View Post
Whoa!

Rider, filmmaker, and music composer- very talented collaboration.

All MTB'ers should get to visit Moab (Whistler, too).

I especially like the music composed for this- a little edge to it but still complementing the stunning natural beauty of the desert and fluidity of the rider.
Love that music. It was written specifically for this video. The sights are breathtaking.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 05:39 PM   #5
dsprehe89
Senior Member
 
dsprehe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maryville Il
Bikes: 2009 Giant Rincon, 1996 Dyno Zone, 198? Raleigh Capri SS
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This video is amazing, just pure amazing!

What type of bike is that? It looked really awesome (and super light). Music and scenes were great.
dsprehe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 05:59 PM   #6
samburger
Redheaded Stepchild
 
samburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: GA, USA
Bikes: A fat tire & a skinny tire & two others I loaned out
Posts: 1,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hah, I saw this one in the VidYo's thread first & thought "Ehh, another video of a Red Bull junkie hucking off massive drops...sweet, but I'll watch it later". Glad I watched it now though, what an amazing video!
samburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 06:04 PM   #7
dsprehe89
Senior Member
 
dsprehe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maryville Il
Bikes: 2009 Giant Rincon, 1996 Dyno Zone, 198? Raleigh Capri SS
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samburger View Post
Hah, I saw this one in the VidYo's thread first & thought "Ehh, another video of a Red Bull junkie hucking off massive drops...sweet, but I'll watch it later". Glad I watched it now though, what an amazing video!
Yeaahhh, that was my fault. I stole it and put it over there thinking if that thread ever some how becomes a sticky, it would be nice to have this video on it, just to awesome to leave off that thread.
dsprehe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 06:32 PM   #8
ed 
.
 
ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Summit of Lee
Bikes: Hecklah
Posts: 10,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsprehe89 View Post
if that thread ever some how becomes a sticky,
You can always access the VidYo's thread via my sig or my profile page.
ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 06:47 PM   #9
dsprehe89
Senior Member
 
dsprehe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maryville Il
Bikes: 2009 Giant Rincon, 1996 Dyno Zone, 198? Raleigh Capri SS
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed View Post
You can always access the VidYo's thread via my sig or my profile page.
Yeah, I know. I just wanted this video to be easier to view on a more viewed thread. Also, congrats on getting 10,000 posts (if that is a thing to be congratulated ).
dsprehe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 07:19 PM   #10
rm -rf
don't try this at home.
 
rm -rf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: N. KY
Bikes:
Posts: 3,854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsprehe89 View Post
This video is amazing, just pure amazing!

What type of bike is that? It looked really awesome (and super light). Music and scenes were great.
It's a trials bike (wikipedia)

Have you seen the Danny MacAskill videos? Start here. (this youtube video has 27 million views!)
rm -rf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 07:28 PM   #11
ed 
.
 
ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Summit of Lee
Bikes: Hecklah
Posts: 10,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm -rf View Post
It's a trials bike (wikipedia)

Have you seen the Danny MacAskill videos? Start here. (this youtube video has 27 million views!)
Most of Danny's later vid's shows him using a "street trials" type bike.




The one in the video Siu posted is a "modified trials" bike:





One interesting thing that you may/may not notice...the rear brake is generally not disc.

Last edited by ed; 10-15-11 at 07:33 PM.
ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 08:02 PM   #12
dsprehe89
Senior Member
 
dsprehe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maryville Il
Bikes: 2009 Giant Rincon, 1996 Dyno Zone, 198? Raleigh Capri SS
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed View Post
One interesting thing that you may/may not notice...the rear brake is generally not disc.
I noticed that. Why? Now I really wanna fix up my old Dyno and get it back up and running. Its not the lightest BMX bike, but it lasted me through my teens which pretty much makes it the toughest bike I've ever owned . I use to be able to do 2' bunny hops and me and my friends use to do (what we thought) was insane jumps that were 3-4' high, but nothing ever like this stuff. That is awesome.
dsprehe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 08:07 PM   #13
ed 
.
 
ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Summit of Lee
Bikes: Hecklah
Posts: 10,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Disc tabs break off when larger people or people going big...do it backward. Like hopping off something big backward. Any big rearward force can snap the frame or tabs.
ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 08:11 PM   #14
dsprehe89
Senior Member
 
dsprehe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maryville Il
Bikes: 2009 Giant Rincon, 1996 Dyno Zone, 198? Raleigh Capri SS
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed View Post
Disc tabs break off when larger people or people going big...do it backward. Like hopping off something big backward. Any big rearward force can snap the frame or tabs.
Makes sense. I could also see disc brakes completely destroying the rear wheels spokes (if the frame withstands the force).
dsprehe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 07:48 AM   #15
pablosnazzy
Senior Member
 
pablosnazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: fruita, co
Bikes: rocky mountain SLAYER!!!! trek, voodoo, surly, spot, bianchi, ibis
Posts: 1,702
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
he's not a real cyclist. he isn't wearing lycra. it would be better if he were in full kit.
pablosnazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 10:57 AM   #16
Daspydyr 
Pedals, Paddles and Poles
 
Daspydyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Btw the Mohave desert and AREA 51
Bikes: Santa Cruz Tallboy, Ridley Noah, Scott Spark 20
Posts: 5,368
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
And to think that I stick to trails and double track when I go to UTAH. Why don't I think of jumping all over the boulders-OH YEAH! That takes some serious talent. WOW, the southwest really is a good place to ride.

If you want a trip this winter when you get frozen in, the lower elevations are great choices.

http://www.rei.com/guidepost/detail/...monument/34050
__________________
I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.
Daspydyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-11, 05:20 PM   #17
IntoTheWild
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Bikes:
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's pretty sweet. What's making all the clicking noises? Is it from the wheels?
IntoTheWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-11, 07:00 PM   #18
dsprehe89
Senior Member
 
dsprehe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maryville Il
Bikes: 2009 Giant Rincon, 1996 Dyno Zone, 198? Raleigh Capri SS
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheWild View Post
That's pretty sweet. What's making all the clicking noises? Is it from the wheels?
If it is the noises I think you are talking about, it would be the freewheel, and unless you ride a fixie, a bike with coaster brakes, or an IGR, your bike should make the same noise, maybe just not as loud (different freewheels and free hubs are louder and quieter than others).
dsprehe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-11, 07:05 PM   #19
IntoTheWild
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Bikes:
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsprehe89 View Post
If it is the noises I think you are talking about, it would be the freewheel, and unless you ride a fixie, a bike with coaster brakes, or an IGR, your bike should make the same noise, maybe just not as loud (different freewheels and free hubs are louder and quieter than others).
Oh. The rims looked weird. I thought he might be using some kind of jointed rim that was a lot of small pieces linked together. That's kind of what they looked like in the video.
IntoTheWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-11, 07:10 PM   #20
dsprehe89
Senior Member
 
dsprehe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maryville Il
Bikes: 2009 Giant Rincon, 1996 Dyno Zone, 198? Raleigh Capri SS
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheWild View Post
Oh. The rims looked weird. I thought he might be using some kind of jointed rim that was a lot of small pieces linked together. That's kind of what they looked like in the video.
I believe the holes in the rims are just for weight. Look at the pics that ED posted above, those rims are very similar.
dsprehe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:44 AM.