I picked up a set 4 months ago, and love them! My original wheels (Sun CR18, DT Champ, Alivio hubs) was finished, respoked the rear twice, rims worn severly so I needed a new set in a hurry for not a lot of cash. The Crosslands caught my eye due to the low price and tubeless capabillity. The weight was more than I wanted as I do a fair bit of racing and am very competitive, but I figured I could loose ~120g by going tubless on regular tires, which is what I did. What I've found:
1) tubeless on regular tires (in this case NBX 2.0 Lites) with sealant is very fast rolling, and great for racing, won my first weekly race I tried this setup!
2) these wheels roll smoooooth. Everyone who's tried my bike has remarked how nice the wheels roll.
3) these wheels are quite tough for a 150lb rider like myself. I've done ~3 foot drops on my xc hardtail on these and they are still nice and true
4) some say that low spoke Mavic wheels are flexy, but they feel quite stiff to me, and are much stiffer than my stock setup
5) they look great! Mine are the silver ones, a couple of people have asked me if they're Xmax!
If you're on a budget I think these are great wheels, I'd buy them again in a heartbeat... although if I had the $ the higher end Xmax wheels look great.