My first ride was the the first sat of dec of last year. I'm def a roadie but like to mtb once in a while. I have about 200 miles on mtb.
1. It's just as addicting as road cycling.
2. It's a lot more expensive than road cycling mainly because of suspension.
3. I suck descending. I love it on a road bike, I hate it on dirt.
4. My handling skills are terrible on single track
5. A slammed stem isn't always a good thing on a mtb.
6. A 70mm stem helped my handling a lot.
7. I like flat bars over riser bars.
8. Inflating tires close to recommended max psi is never a good idea.
9. Sometimes Its better to get off and push up hill instead of trying spin and tip over.
10. I never knew my leg could shake out of control when doing technical single track.
What are some of the things that you learned after a few months of riding?