I have the 2004 MX Comp (85mm) but I haven't ridden it enough to give it a good review. Considering that my last fork was Rock Shox Mag 21, I'm probably not the best person to rate forks anyway
- Feels VERY sturdy. The legs and brace are very solid.
- It can be run as either a Coil or an Air fork by simply removing the coil springs and increasing the air pressure. I got an email from Marzo confirming this was fine and wouldn't even void the warranty.
- Love the air valve. Much easier to use than my old RS.
- Looks great!
- VERY active. Much more than my old RS. Even with relatively high air pressure, it activates on some small bumps I know my old shock wouldn't budge on.
- Cheap! I paid $179 for my 2004.
- It's heavy. Coil version is about 4.3 pounds. Air setup is still over 4 lbs.
- The rebound adjustment is internal so you have to remove the air valve to get to it.