purity of essence
Join Date: Feb 2006
Bikes: Bianchi Axis, Surly Crosscheck, Torelli Corsa Strada
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Santa Cruz Superlight 29er, D kit
My first MTB since my 1998 Trek 7000.
Test rode about 10 bikes and did a fair share of hand wringing between hard tail and FS, but decided to go with the most comfortable fit and feel for my kind of riding (rolling New England logging trails and mostly non-bony single/double track).
It's a completely new (and improved) experience after riding my old hard tail for so long, which felt fine until I hit my 40s, after which it felt like a stretched-out, full-body pounding. I did test ride some beautiful
HTs, but decided to go with two shocks.
Will be putting it through its paces more thoroughly between now and when the snow flies.
I think I got a decent end-of-season deal, too, at $1,650.
- FORK: RockShox Recon 29 Silver TK 100mm
- SHOCK: Fox Float RL
- REAR DER: Shimano M663 SGS (SLX) 10spd
- FRONT DER: Shimano M591 (Deore) 10spd
- SHIFTERS: Shimano M591 (Deore) 10spd
- CRANKSET: Shimano M590 24/32/42 (Deore) 9spd
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Included w/ crankset
- CASSETTE: Shimano HG 62, 11-36 10spd
- CHAIN: KMC X10 10spd 9spd
- BRAKES: Avid Elixir 1 w/ 160mm rotors
- BARS: Easton EA30 low riser 685mm
- STEM: Easton EA30, 31.8mm
- GRIPS: Lizard Skin Charger
- HEADSET: Cane Creek 10
- SEAT POST: Easton EA30
- WHEELS: WTB Laserdisc XC rims laced to Shimano M525 hubs w/ DT 14 gauge spokes, brass nipples
- TIRES: Maxxis Crossmark 2.1 wire
- TUBES: Maxxis .8mm tubes
So far, very happy with it.
Neurosis is always a substitute for legitimate suffering.