Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    My Bikes
    GT Avalanche 2.0
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Seat post setback question (w/pics)

    So I'm wanting to get my seat back another 1/2" or so and wanted to buy a 25mm setback post, but I'm a little confused about whether or not my stock seat post is already 'setback' ?
    Is this 'zero setback' ?

    (click to enlarge)

    new 029 (Medium).JPGnew 030 (Medium).JPG

  2. #2
    yak
    yak is offline
    Zircon Encrusted Tweezer yak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Marshfield, MA
    My Bikes
    SantaCruz Tallboy Surley Pugsley Fuji Reveal 2.0 Kestrel RT 700 Lemond Zurich Cannondale Team Comp
    Posts
    1,003
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banshee361 View Post
    So I'm wanting to get my seat back another 1/2" or so and wanted to buy a 25mm setback post, but I'm a little confused about whether or not my stock seat post is already 'setback' ?
    Is this 'zero setback' ?

    (click to enlarge)

    new 029 (Medium).JPGnew 030 (Medium).JPG
    yes, that post does not have any setback. Try something like the Thomson Elite

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    My Bikes
    GT Avalanche 2.0
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.
    I was just browsing ebay and see a few of those up for bid right now, lot of good deals.
    I'm trying to find the seatpost diameter for my 2011 gt avalanche with no luck
    I've found earlier models and they are 27.2 and I've found 2012 and they say 30.9, for the life of me I can't find a 2011.
    I guess I'll have to get a metric tape tomorrow and measure it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member osco53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    My Bikes
    Sun Tour Easy LE, Sun EZ-3, Scott Aspect 29er HT, Walmart Thruster 700c single speed..
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott Spark 760, Tour Easy LE, Sun EZ-3 sx, Walmart Thruster :P

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    jakarta, ID
    My Bikes
    "26" kona kula watt team carbon, "700c" colnago CLX, "700" colnago c59
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #6
    Senior Member osco53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    My Bikes
    Sun Tour Easy LE, Sun EZ-3, Scott Aspect 29er HT, Walmart Thruster 700c single speed..
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My stock Scott setback,
    and now with a few more miles on single track I can see that small setback is needed.

    Boyz, This seat is worth every penney,
    Yesterdays ride was a hard 3 hours and NO, Nada, Zip, NONE, Not Any ass pain of any kind.
    I finished up with a trail loop doing a hard push until I had nothing left in my legs, Untill I could not stand up on the pedals.
    I made it through the change over from burning carbs and sugars to burning fat and It was very hard.


    Just sayin,

    Pic shows my small amount of setback.

    IMG_20130323_160249_031.jpg
    Scott Spark 760, Tour Easy LE, Sun EZ-3 sx, Walmart Thruster :P

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    My Bikes
    GT Avalanche 2.0
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE ARS View Post
    It will say on the post.


    I'm going to feel like the biggest idiot ever if it's stamped right on the post somewhere
    I'll have to go check
    Last edited by banshee361; 03-31-13 at 02:56 PM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    My Bikes
    GT Avalanche 2.0
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by osco53 View Post
    My stock Scott setback,
    and now with a few more miles on single track I can see that small setback is needed.

    Boyz, This seat is worth every penney,
    Yesterdays ride was a hard 3 hours and NO, Nada, Zip, NONE, Not Any ass pain of any kind.
    I finished up with a trail loop doing a hard push until I had nothing left in my legs, Untill I could not stand up on the pedals.
    I made it through the change over from burning carbs and sugars to burning fat and It was very hard.


    Just sayin,

    Pic shows my small amount of setback.

    IMG_20130323_160249_031.jpg


    I went for another ~10 mile ride last night, still getting used to the sore sit-bones as well as sore-butt in general, haven't been on the bike since last fall, just started again 2 weeks ago, no pressure on the perineum is great though
    I agree, the seat is worth every penny for sure. If anyone is interested you can get them cheaper on ebay/amazon than you can from their official site.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    My Bikes
    GT Avalanche 2.0
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE ARS View Post
    It will say on the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by banshee361 View Post
    I'm going to feel like the biggest idiot ever if it's stamped right on the post somewhere
    I'll have to go check
    Yep. I'm an idiot.
    Right on the bottom of the post 031.6mm
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •