Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Trek 930 Single track

    I have a trek 930 Single Track. It was given to me by an uncle who moved away. The problem with it is that the chain does not stay tight. It appears the "accu shift" will not hold back the chain to keep it tight. I checked the spring inside the shifter and it seemed to be fine. Anyone have any ideas how i can fix this? Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its like the shifter just needs to be moved back an inch or 2

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have i stumped all the bike experts? Comon guys i really need help?!!?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    846
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a sub-forum here dedicated to bicycle mechanical issues. You'll probably get much better responses there.
    Currently riding a 2013 Handsome Devil custom build and an early 90's Specialized Rockhopper Single-Speed.

  5. #5
    Quirky Grifter LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, USA
    My Bikes
    My War
    Posts
    20,083
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveee View Post
    I have a trek 930 Single Track. It was given to me by an uncle who moved away. The problem with it is that the chain does not stay tight. It appears the "accu shift" will not hold back the chain to keep it tight. I checked the spring inside the shifter and it seemed to be fine. Anyone have any ideas how i can fix this? Thanks
    "Accushift" adorned Suntour derailleurs and shifters back in the day. There are a couple of ways to fix the problem depending on what's causing it. Staying out of the small x small combo, removing a link or two from the chain, getting a new derailleur, or possibly just "popping" the derailleur back into place. (I had an XC Pro RD that popped outta place and wouldn't hold chain taut once.)

    Need to see pics or read a lot more description of the symptoms to guess at remedy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveee View Post
    Its like the shifter just needs to be moved back an inch or 2
    Naww, you probably don't wanna do that
    1980ish Free Spirit Sunbird fixed * 1996 Mongoose IBOC Zero-G * 1997 KHS Comp * 1990-ish Scapin * Lemond Buenos Aires Triple

  6. #6
    Quirky Grifter LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, USA
    My Bikes
    My War
    Posts
    20,083
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveee View Post
    Have i stumped all the bike experts? Comon guys i really need help?!!?
    There are only a handful of people in here and very few of them care about 20th century bikes.
    1980ish Free Spirit Sunbird fixed * 1996 Mongoose IBOC Zero-G * 1997 KHS Comp * 1990-ish Scapin * Lemond Buenos Aires Triple

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •