Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Bikewind

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Bikewind

    I recently bought a Lance from this company. Paid $489 plus shipping for it. Bike arrived at my front door the very next day and it was pre-assembled. After adjusting the gear, I rode it right way and it was smooooth! It felt just as good, if not better, than my Specialized SJ. What floored me was and it cost less than one third of the price I paid for SJ. Ride on! Bikewind!

  2. #2
    Too Much Crazy C Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NY
    My Bikes
    Ventana El Comandante, Lynskey ridgeline, EWR OWB, GF HKEK, Gunnar Roadie, Spesh E5 S Works, Quintana Roo Kilo, Intense BMX Cruiser
    Posts
    3,323
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean12
    I recently bought a Lance from this company. Paid $489 plus shipping for it. Bike arrived at my front door the very next day and it was pre-assembled. After adjusting the gear, I rode it right way and it was smooooth! It felt just as good, if not better, than my Specialized SJ. What floored me was and it cost less than one third of the price I paid for SJ. Ride on! Bikewind!

    How tall are you? 5'6'' or 6'3''

    Talk to me in 6 months of hard trail riding and see if it is still as smooth as your SJ.

  3. #3
    THIS BIKE'S 4 U !!!! Killer B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Western, NC .... (Pisgah, Bent Creek, DuPont)
    My Bikes
    HARO Xtreme X2, K2 Lithium 3.0, K2 Beast, K2 Flyin' Monkey, DiamondBack Accent EX, DiamondBack Axis TR
    Posts
    1,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no reason to doubt that those frames are at least desent. I read somewhere that about 60% of ALL bicycle frames were made by some humongous manufacturer in Taiwan. They're then sold to the various companies like Giant, Specialized, Trek, GT, etc. where the components are added and the bike is then shipped to the distributor's, where you & I buy them....

    The main reason I see that those Exodus bikes are selling for less is the components they have. Almost all of them are the bottom of the Shimano or RST line. The frame cost is mainly what you're paying for, and that's mainly what you're getting. Sure it is a complete bike, but if you ride it alot I doubt the components hold up very long.

    I hope it's not too heavy either. Anything more than 40 lbs. starts feeling like a X-Mart bike.
    Life's Short, Enjoy it !!!! ‹^› ‹(•ฟ•)› ‹^›
    http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4...lbilly21rq.gif

  4. #4
    Wood Licker Maelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Whistler,BC
    My Bikes
    Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002 and specialized BMX
    Posts
    16,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its also a one size fits all company. 1 frame size for everyone. Thats saves tonnes of coin on the bottom line.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with you that DEORE and T4 are at the low end of the range of Shimano and RST product lineup. However I do agree with your opinion on the frame. This company offers a 5-year warranty on their frames. That's not bad at all.

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 6". I had the same doubt as many people do here when I read their claim that Lance should fit most people between 5'6" and 6'3". My son (5'7") tried my Lance and he likes it just as much as I do. I am no expert in mtb fitting; however, I do notice that Lance's top tube is "v" shaped which effectively reduces its standover height. Could this be the reason behind their claim?

  7. #7
    Wood Licker Maelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Whistler,BC
    My Bikes
    Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002 and specialized BMX
    Posts
    16,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deore is the lowest that shimano will warranty if used on a trail.

  8. #8
    I drink your MILKSHAKE Raiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    15,071
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean12
    I disagree with you that DEORE and T4 are at the low end of the range of Shimano and RST product lineup. However I do agree with your opinion on the frame. This company offers a 5-year warranty on their frames. That's not bad at all.
    RST is dog vomit. Deore is the lower end of what any serious XC rider would use. As for you actually owning a "SJ" I seriously doubt it and I further think that you are a Bikewinds plant based on the previous thread here that ganered FAR more Google hits than the pathetic Bikewinds site

  9. #9
    Senior Member CranxOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    OC, California
    My Bikes
    '04 Specialized Stumpy FSR Pro (Frame and Shock Only)
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean12
    I recently bought a Lance from this company. Paid $489 plus shipping for it. Bike arrived at my front door the very next day and it was pre-assembled. After adjusting the gear, I rode it right way and it was smooooth! It felt just as good, if not better, than my Specialized SJ. What floored me was and it cost less than one third of the price I paid for SJ. Ride on! Bikewind!
    Something tells me this guy is a company wonk. He most likely works for/is affiliated with BW in some way and is trying to combat the previous negativity surrounding the company by putting forth a post with misleading information.
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    la vache fant๔me phantomcow2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    6,266
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CranxOC
    Something tells me this guy is a company wonk. He most likely works for/is affiliated with BW in some way and is trying to combat the previous negativity surrounding the company by putting forth a post with misleading information.
    Its very likely, i had that same feeling when i read it.
    On another note, im sure the frame is nice. If i was ever into Full suspension i might look into the frame, but the components just suck
    C://dos
    C://dos.run
    run.dos.run

  11. #11
    THIS BIKE'S 4 U !!!! Killer B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Western, NC .... (Pisgah, Bent Creek, DuPont)
    My Bikes
    HARO Xtreme X2, K2 Lithium 3.0, K2 Beast, K2 Flyin' Monkey, DiamondBack Accent EX, DiamondBack Axis TR
    Posts
    1,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how we're all getting the same 1st impression of this guy. Me included....
    Like I said before, you're mainly just buying the frame, which isn't that good a deal compared to other "known" good frames for sale....

    As for the 5 yr. warranty on the frame, mine & alot of others have a "lifetime" warranty....
    Life's Short, Enjoy it !!!! ‹^› ‹(•ฟ•)› ‹^›
    http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4...lbilly21rq.gif

  12. #12
    Senior Member Ebbtide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ohio's Cycling Capital, America's North Coast.
    Posts
    4,617
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently bought a Phillips Senseo coffee maker. It uses the "pods" system and makes a perfect cup of caf้' style coffee in just seconds. I love drinking it in the morning using Maxwell House brand medium roast.

  13. #13
    Senior Member CranxOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    OC, California
    My Bikes
    '04 Specialized Stumpy FSR Pro (Frame and Shock Only)
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbtide
    I recently bought a Phillips Senseo coffee maker. It uses the "pods" system and makes a perfect cup of caf้' style coffee in just seconds. I love drinking it in the morning using Maxwell House brand medium roast.
    LOL! Nice.

    I'm now waiting for the vitrolic reply from Bikewinds now that we've questioned/exposed their "sponsored" poster.

    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

  14. #14
    Adios, Mofo J-McKech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SXSW central
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Brava, Surly Instigator FR
    Posts
    1,651
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even want to comment on this post because I thought it was a company person who was tryin to combat what was said on here. But since everyone else thought so, I figured I'd lay my .02 cents in. Lets see if this guy responds.
    I am Signature-less

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •