Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    898
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2005 Gary Fisher Hoo E Koo

    undefined
    I am thinking about purchasing this bike, so I would like some feedback on the weight of this bike and the performance quality of it. Just want to know if this is a good enough bike for trail riding.

  2. #2
    Senior Member alcahueteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    My Bikes
    Soma Juice
    Posts
    1,020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure it's "good enough" for a trail. Now if your gonna be racing I don't really know, but I would imagine it would be "good enough" for that too.

  3. #3
    Senior Member JoeOxfordCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Grand Record LTD
    Posts
    1,652
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmwun54
    undefined
    I am thinking about purchasing this bike, so I would like some feedback on the weight of this bike and the performance quality of it. Just want to know if this is a good enough bike for trail riding.

    I am picking this bike up tomorrow night. I can't wait....however I am having slicks put on it and will use it on the road mostly....I'll post some feedback next Monday after I've gotten a few rides under my belt over the weekend. Seems like alot of bike for the buck...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeOxfordCT
    I am picking this bike up tomorrow night. I can't wait....however I am having slicks put on it and will use it on the road mostly....I'll post some feedback next Monday after I've gotten a few rides under my belt over the weekend. Seems like alot of bike for the buck...
    ??? Road ...

    I'll tell you what. If you're going to be using it on the road mostly, you should consider a 29er. There is a reason road bikes have bigger wheels.

    Try out the Gary Fisher X-Caliber

  5. #5
    Zippy Engineer Waldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    IN
    My Bikes
    Bianchi 928, Bianchi Pista Concept 2004, Surly Steamroller, 1998 Schwinn Factory Team Homegrown, 1999 Schwinn Homegrown Factory, 2000 Schwinn Panther, Niner EMD9
    Posts
    1,801
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willtsmith_nwi
    ??? Road ...
    I'll tell you what. If you're going to be using it on the road mostly, you should consider a 29er. There is a reason road bikes have bigger wheels.
    Try out the Gary Fisher X-Caliber
    Exactly...mountain bikes excel at off-road riding, not so much with on-road riding. Different gearing, different wheel diameter/tire width, overbuilt componentry...kind of like driving a Hummer (the real one, not the H2/Tahoe) on road exclusively.
    The X-Caliber is an excellent starting point; however, I'd learn more towards either the Utopia:
    http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/bik...rt&bike=Utopia
    or the Montare:
    http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/bik...t&bike=Montare
    Similar idea to the X-Caliber but certainly geared more towards your intended purpose.

  6. #6
    goob the newb
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Middle TN
    My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Hoo Koo E Koo a few weeks ago and love it. I rode and looked at alot of bikes and not only did it feel the best to me but for the money nothing else matched the components - LX throughout. It is lightweight and as far as performance, the frame is the ZR 9000 which is also used in their high end bikes. Also, can't beat a lifetime warranty. The only change I made was adding Avid BB 7's in place of the stock V brakes.
    For the money it is an excellent bike.

  7. #7
    kfb
    kfb is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Roubaix, 05' Specialized Stumpjumper, 96' GT Saddleback (eventual single-speed)
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you intend on doing mainly road riding, why not get a road bike? There is NO comparison between the two when on pavement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •