We have a hood?
Much of my ride is in industrial areas early in the morning when most evil doers are asleep.
I have a few different routes.
Adams county's sheriffs do not seem to appreciate me riding on the platte before dusk.
Route 1: mostly trails
1) 120th and Colorado. Take Colorado south to the platte trail head at 88th.
2) Ride the Platte to the Cherry Creek or exit the Platte at the skate park and head to Union Station for the light rail.
3) Take the Cherry Creek to Downing.
4) Many streets to Orchard.
I have another route that takes me down DTC blvd when I feel like heavier traffic.
Route 2: more streets connecting with the Platte. This one makes the Sheriff happy.
1) Take Colorado to Thornton Pkwy.
2) Welby to 88th.
3) South on Devonshire.
4) Turns into York.
5) York down to 58th.
6) 58th to Franklin
7) Franklin to the Platte Trail behind the armory.
8) and on...
Route 3: All streets
1) Same as above except stay on York.
2) Connect with Brighton Blvd.
3) Brighton Blvd to 31st
4) 31st to the first left
5) Follow this street to Union station. Not exactly sure about the name of the streets.
Anyhow, I've been riding #3 due to the state of the trails and my encounter with a sheriff deputy. However, I prefer #1 and #2 much more.
I think I may go back to riding #1 and be watchful of the one spot Adams County's Sheriffs can see me where the Platte meets York.
In order to avoid cursing myself, I will not state any crime related stats related to my experiences. What I will say is that crime in these areas is drastically overstated. Especially on the Platte trail. *crosses fingers*