Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Mountain - Plains (http://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-plains/)
-   -   Shout out for Kansas (http://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-plains/268826-shout-out-kansas.html)

deanp 02-13-09 01:16 AM

Yes, I saw the article. I'm sure they would appreciate your help.

Bioflamingo 02-20-09 11:41 PM

I'm from Hutchinson. We've got one trail, although it can be considered three depending on where you start. It's a very safe place to ride, even late at night, but there are VERY few places that have a place to lock your bike up. I ride my bike instead of driving quite frequently, so this is an issue for me. But I still like it here.

medicmike 03-30-09 05:46 PM

Hello Jayhawkers! Happy that spring is here at last. There is nothing better for cardio than a 30 mph south wind.

Bioflamingo 03-30-09 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medicmike (Post 8631441)
Hello Jayhawkers! Happy that spring is here at last. There is nothing better for cardio than a 30 mph south wind.

That's what I always say!:lol:

a_band_director 03-31-09 02:01 PM

Happy Spring Kansas! or winter. or wind. or whatever. Enjoy the weather, you know it will change in a few days to something different. Be safe and God bless!

knzn 03-31-09 07:02 PM

Yep, we sure have had about all the weather choices there are the last few weeks. The wind kicked my butt last night and tonight too. Seems like it is always against you no matter wich way you go!

Bioflamingo 04-01-09 08:45 AM

That wind was killer yesterday evening. I had to shorten my 20 mile ride to 10 miles, and I still got worn out more than usual. It was a bad day to ride a single speed.

RiverCityCyclis 07-20-09 07:46 PM

Commuter from Wichita checking in...

yellowjeep 07-20-09 08:33 PM

Hey I forgot about this thread. I am in Wichita for exactly 4 more days then off to Colorado before moving back to Lawrence.

Floyd 07-23-09 07:37 AM

Getting ready for a ride today, it's my day off so will do a slow and easy one...but that is my usual. Here in Great Bend. Love these Cool July days.

Willbrewer 08-12-09 07:46 PM

Thought I'd stop in and say Hi to you Kansas folks. I'm a native Kansan, born up in KC and raised in Edwardsville. I've been living in Hutchinson for the last 5 years, and was sidetracked for 10 years living out near Seattle.

Bioflamingo, we've probably crossed paths on the trail one time or another.

AcornMan 09-03-09 01:03 PM

I'm happy to keep this thread going. I'm in Manhattan, where I've lived for a little over three years. Not much in the way of paths/trails (or even bike lanes) around here, but I've found some pretty good road rides. There's lots of beautiful scenery out in the Flint Hills. The only problem is that for every hill you go down, there's one you must go up :)

ZmanKC 09-08-09 09:48 AM

Overland Park. Northern part of town.

Enigma715 09-15-09 06:57 AM

My only problem with this site is how old some of the threads are. They should thin out some of the older stuff. I'll see something that interests me, want to respond and then realize the last post was two years ago.

This one's been around a while, but I may as well jump in. I live in Olathe (Kansas City burb for the unfamiliar) and have always said, anyone who says Kansas is flat has never ridden a bicycle here.

The Figment 09-16-09 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma715 (Post 9677931)
My only problem with this site is how old some of the threads are. They should thin out some of the older stuff. I'll see something that interests me, want to respond and then realize the last post was two years ago.

This one's been around a while, but I may as well jump in. I live in Olathe (Kansas City burb for the unfamiliar) and have always said, anyone who says Kansas is flat has never ridden a bicycle here.

Hi from Virgil Ks. (NE Greenwood Co.) The eastern edge of the Flint Hills. And No Kansas is definitely NOT Flat!!

RiverCityCyclis 09-17-09 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Figment (Post 9683763)
Hi from Virgil Ks. (NE Greenwood Co.) The eastern edge of the Flint Hills. And No Kansas is definitely NOT Flat!!


That and there is always headwind, to and from where your going :-) seems as there is never a break from it for me anyways.

macwild 10-28-09 12:57 PM

I'm in Hutch. If you see someone riding their bike to work, it's me!
I head down 4th from west of Fun Valley and NEVER see another cyclist!

So what happened to all the people who showed up on Bike-to-work day?

doomridesout 11-04-09 05:26 PM

Hey everybody, I live in Chicago now but I'm originally from Lawrence and looking forward to training for BAK in June come spring. Who all's doing that?

RiverCityCyclis 11-04-09 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomridesout (Post 9984867)
Hey everybody, I live in Chicago now but I'm originally from Lawrence and looking forward to training for BAK in June come spring. Who all's doing that?

I am going for it this year I think. I'm in Wichita though...

Floyd 11-14-09 01:30 PM

I probably will not be able to do the BAK... the word is busy. On the other hand I will get in the miles, even though without the group. I am now in Pratt, was in Great Bend for a while.
Keep on keeping on

WesHoward 02-08-12 07:05 AM

a bump 4 wichita

boy scout 161 02-08-12 02:15 PM

Scott City

WesHoward 02-13-12 03:06 AM

I worked in scott

boy scout 161 02-13-12 11:39 AM

What did you work on? It's a great place to live. All American City.

WesHoward 02-20-12 08:15 AM

American roofing


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:57 AM.