Hey all! This just got e-mailed to me by a buddy and i thought that maybe some of you would be interested in participating. i hope to be there between classes and all Hope to see you guys there.
CLIF BAR NATURAL ENERGY TOUR: 2 Mile Challenge
Fri Oct 19 9am - 4pm
University of Utah, northwest corner of the Stadium Trax parking lot on campus (map)
The 2 Mile Challenge
The U of U Bicycle Collective is working with Clif Bar to put on an event is this Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm in the northwest corner of the Stadium Trax parking lot on our campus called the 2-Mile Challenge (http://2milechallenge.com/home.html). Come out and join us as we talk up cycling and try to convert more of the college crowd. Here are some quick details about the event:
The 2 Mile Challenge
THE CLIF BAR NATURAL ENERGY TOUR
THE CLIF BAR NATURAL ENERGY TOUR is about inspiring and empowering people to think about how they use their energy in an effort to address global warming. 40 percent of urban travel is 2 miles or less – and nearly all of that travel is by car; simply by biking those under-2-mile trips instead of driving, individuals can change the future and help to protect the places where we like to play. We call it the 2 Mile Challenge.
Who we are:
Clif Bar & Co. is the leading maker of all-natural and organic energy and nutrition foods and drinks. Committed to sustainability, Clif Bar works diligently to reduce its footprint on the planet from the field to the final product.
Why are we doing this?
* Clif Bar is a company literally born on a bike
* We believe in the bike as a triple threat:
o It's effective and efficient way to travel around
o It's a human-powered, global warming-fighting machine
o It's a blast to ride!
* College students are the change-agents of the future
* We want to partner with like-minded, student-run groups at your school to help engage other students to participate in this important initiative and ultimately, get on a bike!
* Engage students to think about their own two-mile radius and change their patterns/habits of driving to grocery stores, video, coffee, etc. Ask them to take the 2 mile challenge.
* Inspire new bicycling lifestylists!
* The 2 Mile Challenge Mobile Tour, visiting colleges throughout the Western U.S. this Fall to inspire collective action and engagement
* Participants on campus can come visit our interactive "2 Mile Challenge" experience at our biodiesel-fueled, recycled and repurposed, 1959 Touring Coach.
* Interactive Google map to personalize each person's 2 Mile Challenge; email it to yourself as a reminder!
* Opportunity to win a Sport Utility Bike
* Friends we meet along the way will be able to keep us posted on their challenge progress and ambassadorship at 2milechallenge.com through video and picture means