Come one, come all to the spectacle of spectacles, the show of shows..... I speak, of course, of none other than:
Thee 4th Annual Great Pixie Repack
Sunday, November 11th
A race so closely tied into Darwinism that you'll only ever witness it here in Colorado Springs! Spectators encouraged!!!
What all does this festive day entail you ask?
Well it'll go alittle something like this...
the majority (anyone dumb enough to race) will meet at 2pm at Winn's house located at 3326 W. Bijou St. From there we'll shuttle up to Buckhorn parking lot...then begins the "old school" aspect of pushing the bike to the saddle of High Drive and Capt'n Jacks...whinners will be hassled relentlessly, we promise!
Once at the top....WE RACE!
If anyone is available or willing to do a little filming for us, we'll have you meet at Winn's place at 1pm, that way we can make sure that everyone is in place for filming the extravaganza... hiking will be involved for anyone wanting to help out with filming. Please help if you can. If you can help out please email Jon at firstname.lastname@example.org
as the Ruteger email still isn't quite accessible.
We'll be having a pre-race gathering with snacks n munchies, as well as, a post race BBQ back at Winn's place.
It's at this point that we should cut to the fine print before the actual race descriptions and details...
This is a race at your own risk event! We will NOT take responsibility for your actions. Pixies are extremely dangerous!!!!!!!!! Riding in this manner is not only dangerous but also stupid!!!!! This race is retarted at best and stupid to say the least! We don't encourage doing any of these races. If you aren't prepared to suffer the potential consequences(including even death) then you shouldn't race, plain and simple. If racing please know and ride with in your personal limits.
With that said, we encourage any and all spectators!!! Cameras and photographers are more than welcome as long as we get free copies of the pics for our web site.
The day should play out something like this:
* meeting and hanging at Winn's place - 3326 W. Bijou. Take Colorado ave to 33rd St., make a RT(north) 3 blocks, left on Bijou. The house is at the bottom of the hill on the right.
* Racing the repack.
* Post Repack BBQ back at Winn's. Yum!
Thee Fourth annual
Great Pixie Repack Race!!!
downhill race that is... little bikes, lotsa speed.
Why??? Simple Jackassery, why else and why not?
**If you aren't doing anything, then stop out and cheer on a bunch of idiots.
***BBQ to follow the race!
This is a traditional style Downhill Race(sort of). Helmets are mandatory! No helmet, no race for you! This is also a one heat event... go for the glory... winner takes all. All what you ask? Bragging rights mainly and perhaps a trophy, maybe even a cash pot (if everyone wants to front a couple of bucks). The only other rule is play fair, sure you can throw elbows...at your own risk. If it comes back to haunt you then you probably deserved it and we will watch and chuckle.
The race will be a mass 'chinese downhill' style start beginning at the junction of (opps! can't tell you that)and will proceed down (can't tell that either) to the stop sign(mandatory stop) and then down to (bleep) via whichever route you choose. First one to cross the finish line at (bleepity-bleep) wins! If we have enough participants (at least one of each) there will be a men's and a women's catagory. Can't tell you the course, but yes, it will be the same as last year. It will be part switchback pea-gravel fire road (pixie eating rain ruts are anticipated given all the rain we've been getting) and part paved. Speeds in excess of 40mph are possible on the paved section, but you'd really have to want it.
Pixie rules and guide lines for race bikes are as follows:
* Bikes must have 16" wheels or smaller. The rear wheel must have a coaster brake hub(single speed)- with a fully functional coaster brake... you can't disable the brake (it will be checked)(that's what makes it a repack race!).
* Crank length can not be longer than 140mm (center to center).
* The drive train should be kept as close as possible to stock. It's the charm of the Pixie experience. Chainrings should be 36 tooth or smaller. If the stock chainring should exceed 36t (and that is rare) then a 2 to 1 ratio will be enforced. For example 38t front and 19t rear cog. This shouldn't really be an issue unless you are really trying to go nuts modifying the drive train.
* Any tires are fine; slicks, knobbies, no tires. It's your call.
* Any seat, stem, seatpost, pedal and handlebar combination is legit! Also feel free to run additional brakes. Caliper, V/linear, disc, drum are all fine in addition to a coaster brake.
* Helmets will be required for the race, any helmet. Pads are encouraged, lots of pads!.
*** The idea is to keep things somewhat equal and fair and most importantly fun!
This should make for a good place to recap the
This is a race at your own risk event! We will NOT take responsibility for your actions. Pixies are extremely dangerous!!!!!!!!! Riding in this manner is not only dangerous but also stupid!!!!! Riding a 'race of stupidity' is self explaintoraly(almost a word) stupid, if you don't understand that then you also are stupid, hey we're just saying, that's all. Riding down a mountain on a moonfree night with out a light or a chain on YOUR bike is retarted at best and stupid to say the least! We don't encourage doing any of these races. If you aren't prepared to suffer the potential consequences(including even death) then you shouldn't race, plain and simple. If racing please know and ride with in your personal limits.