I am trying to research the need to have an indoor bicycle storage facility in downtown Lincoln. I bike to work year round and have no clean, secure place to put my bike and the outdoor bike racks are usually full. So I thought I would see what other cyclists think. I would really appreciate feedback on the following questions:
1. Would you use an indoor bicycle storage facility in downtown Lincoln?
2. How much would you pay (per/day) to park your bike there?
3. How often (per/wk and or per/yr) would you use it?
4. What features would you like to see in it?
First - I don't work in Lincoln, but I'll answer questions just to give you a clue of what others might want.
1) Yes - if it was close to my work/building
2) Right now with my budget, not much over $2, as my budget is TIGHT
3) 4 out of 5 days a week most likely, if not 5 days a week
4) Locked area for my bike if need be, as a locker for my bike to where others cannot get to it - also a area to clean up/change - if not lockers for bike, then allow only access to those that pay for it, but provide a room for those that don't do a monthy bit.
Hey, just noticed this post and thought I should reply as a daily commuter to downtown Lincoln...
--where are these totally full bike racks? I see a fair number of bikes locked up, but there is PLENTY of room on almost every bike rack downtown.
--what you want already exists, basically. There is an semi-indoor bike storage facility built into the parking lot between O and N sts on 12th st. Not sure what it costs, but I seem to remember it was something like $20 a month?