Any suggestions for your favorite things to do in Boulder would be appreciated. I have looked through some old threads and have some ideas on bike shops to see but any mtb trail recommendations would be great (more scenic, less technical). Climbing would be fine.
Also - suggestions on great cafes or non-bike things to do would be great as well. Options for places that are vegetarian-friendly a plus.
• Both of the MTB ride recommendations provided were good ones (Hall Ranch and Betasso Preserve (particularly the new Benjamin trail at Betasso)). Be careful with Hall as the Lower Bitterbush trail can be very technical but the rest of the system is great.
• Other easy fun MTB rides to consider:
— The Hobbit trail up in West Magnolia are fun and not too tough.
— Marshall Mesa trails are generally pretty easy
— The new Valmont Bike Park right in Boulder is also fun.
• Check out this great resource at the Boulder Mountain Bike Alliance for lots of great trail descriptions in the area: http://bouldermountainbike.org/conte...ls/description
Other stuff to see and do:
• Get out of Boulder and check out some of the surrounding communities. Head up to the old mining town of Gold Hill and go here for a great relatively cheap dinner followed by some good bluegrass music in a historic old building: http://www.goldhillinn.com/
• Tubing on Boulder creek when it's hot is a hoot but the water levels are quickly dropping so I'd do that soon
• Boulder Reservoir offers swimming and beach options in this water-challenged reason
• Hiking Chatauqua as well is also fun (hit the Royal Arch for a great Boulder view)
• The Laughing Goat cafe on pearl (east of the Ped mall) is a good cafe to check out, at night they'll have some good live music