Known iissue and they're working on it.
Tom honestly every day is a new issue for me. I just can't get a handle on this new site. It's slow to post and edit. Right now it's posting weird (limited space across the page) I can't fix it. I almost don't have the patience anymore. But I know, in time, this will all be better!
1) Multiquote - some of the time it works just fine, other times I will multiquote and post the reply which is all good, then I go on to multiquote something else, elsewhere, but my previous multiquote comes up in the reply and I have to delete it. It doesn't seem to want to let go of the multiquote. The other day I used the multiquote feature to do replies three times in a row and by the third time, I had a huge list of quotes in my reply which I had to delete out.
2) Posting photos using the Insert Image button. When the dialogue box comes up, it looks like a Database Error, but it lets me post anyway. Is that how it is supposed to look? I can post a screenshot if you don't know what I'm talking about.
3) I'm getting that limited space across the page thing too ... but only on something I've just posted. As soon as someone else posts to the thread, it fixes itself, and the newest post is limited.
4) Did the text on the main BF page ... the one with all the links to the subforums ... get smaller since the most recent update, or is it just my eyes? Unfortunately the icons are still huge. Small text = bad. Small icons = good. Hopefully the next update will make the switch so we get small icons and somewhat larger text.
The text didn't change for me. Hmmmm, it's possible, I suppose, though, that the update overwrote the custom text settings we implemented, but it wasn't supposed to. As to the limited display space on certain posts, I think that's where an ad is supposed to go, and as a premium subscriber, you don't see the ad. At least things have massively improved. I would like a screenshot of the image posting dialog box, though, so I can see what you are talking about.
Hi Tom, on the new posts index listing and on the indexes within each forum (road cycling, general cycling discussion, etc.) we are told about the last post in a thread and who the last poster was. However, on the "subscribed threads" index listing, it just shows the date/time of the last posted message but not the name of the user who posted it. Is there a way to add it? There is plenty of "real estate" for it since there is odd white space already vacant the way it is laid out now. Thanks.
And here's the image to show the odd thread alignment. What happens is that when a new post is made, it's all indented over to the left, as shown in the attached image.
If the poster comes back in and edits that post, then it spreads out and lines up with the one above it. Or if another poster comes in and replies to the thread, his/her post indents over to the left, and the one above it lines up nicely.
Yep, that's what it's supposed to look like, and I was right. It's real estate that would be where an ad would display if you saw ads.
What happened to Trollheim? It's gone invisible!
Temporarily offline due to code corruption. We're assessing whether it's recoverable.
After a long time away, I recently returned to BF and was disappointed by the forum's new look. A huge downgrade, IMHO. I have to zoom in on the page to read the thread titles and thread content. WTF? Do the tech people who revised the forum have bionic eyesight?
The spacing of the posts is ridiculous. The old version used to fit more posts on the screen. And the spacing after a quote is just silly. If I want to look at so much white space, I'll look at the wall behind my monitor.
Looking at my display, this new look has two pale blue 'sideline' columns- the left for BF ID info (avatar, name and all that jazz), and the right one is for the ads. The only time I have ever seen an ad encroach upon the white 'field of play' is during the OP of a thread.
The previous post #137 was done using FF. This one is being done with IE8. Since IE doesn't have the AdBloc that FF has, I'm able to see the ads. It does appear that the ads do run on the right side of the white 'field of play' after all. But it also looks like some posts that I have had to scroll to the right to view are entering the area where the ads would normally be. I'm confused now.
You are at the point we were all at 3-4 months ago. If you follow the threads on the subject, reset and update your browser accordingly you can make this run on kerosene even.
IE 6 even. It's like letting your '48 MG sit the winter with gelled gasoline, you have to fix it.
Good luck and welcome back.
Tom, I see few if any ads and I'm NOT a premium anything other than an expensive curmudgeon. The column go like that regardless.
The most vexing is it seems in MANY threads, MANY posts look blank. I've even had one of mine LOOK readable after I made it and the page re-loaded, but the next day it was blank. Not to mention that I get notify e-mails with the text of a post, but on the forum, the message it CAME from is blank.
I also had BIG issues with trying to edit or delete (my) posts... for some weird reason, the next day it looked like what I tried unsuccessfully to do DID get done.
I've tried to see if I can see any pattern, but it seems random. FWIW, on this page I see post #126 and #140 as totally blank. Before I found this thread, I DID send a note to admin, but received no reply at all... not even a "we know, we're working on it" so I'd have some idea it is being looked at.
At this point, all I really want is to hear some acknowledgment serious issues are happening and it's being worked on...
I get the same strange alignment issue mentioned by Machka above - it's all in a narrow column until a new post gets added below and then it will revert to the correct alignment. Also, everytime I post it attempts a double post (on a single click of the button, I swear). It goes straight to the "you can only post once in a 30 second period" screen.
OK, I've been buried with email, and if you sent the note to the "Admin" account, then it went to hyperspace, as that is actually (or was, now), an obsolete account. It has since been eliminated. Site issues need to be sent to me, as the Site Admin, and I can be reached by email or PM. PM is easier, since it is separate from my emails. (I get a huge mass of forum related email).
Tom, your #143 is blank to me! As is your #126.
Using a Gecko rendering engine browser... tries this page in a WebKit based browser... interesting, it is displayed there. Tried Firefox, hmmmm, that's odd, it works there... not sure WHAT to think now.
Hey Tom, we are still having problems when we select the New Posts button from the header bar.
The new posts results page is displayed with Column Width issues - the center column is only 1 character in field width - see attached screen shot image. Thanks :thumb:
- When posting a reply from a Quick Reply editor box, I end up in the Advanced Editor with the following message:
If I wait and hit Submit Post it errors on "Duplicate Post" because the reply was actually submitted. Yet if instead I back up to see if it was actually submitted, the post doesn't appear (unless Refresh).Quote:
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds.
I thought this might be a temporary problem, but it's been going on for around ten days. (Sometimes - like to day - it mostly works okay; sometimes it's on every reply. I see no pattern.)
- There's no way to clear multiple reply selections without going back and doing it manually. Optimally they would be cleared when the consolidated reply is posted.
- A reply referenced blockquote ostensibly has a link to the quoted post. But clicking that little button takes me back to the start of the thread, not to the post.
- Under a blockquote I enter a line of text, with or without a newline following the [/QUOTE] tag. When posted, my reply text is spaced down two lines (i.e. there are two blank lines between the blockquote and my reply). I end my reply with one or more newlines, then another blockquote. The second blockquote is spaced down a maximum of one line (i.e. there is one or no blank line between my reply and the blockquote).
In other words, my reply is always closer to the following blockquote than to the one that it's addressing. See my bullet #1 above for an example. The effect can be rather confusing. (Very few people reply as you do, Tom, above the blockquote.)
PLEASE give us some way to turn off the post excerpt flyover on thread list pages. It is the single most annoying 'feature' on the forum.
Editor can' make up it's mind how to format posts. Sometimes it uses a fixed line length. Sometimes it lets it run. If it fixes length, then Edit/Save changes to variable length.
I presume it's inserting newlines when it sets a fixed line length. It's possibly a rendering error, but I don't see how.
Thanks Tom... yesterday I could NOT see your #147, today I can. Now I can't see DMFs post!
Tried the cookie deletion, didn't work. One of the devs of the browser I like (Camino, Gecko engine) suggested I try a fresh profile, that kinda DID seem to show all posts! Trying to figure out what can cause this odd behavior... I thought "fresh profile" tended to mean "no cookies" but having deleted BF cookies, maybe not.