Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 327
  1. #151
    Commuting Horrorshow wheezl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livorno, Toscana, Italia
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR3, Decathlon ****box.
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie68
    How about the ice rink/pool 10 am?
    110th st Entrance instead?

  2. #152
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Scott AFD-909
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    deal.

  3. #153
    more ape than man timmhaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    8,093
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds good to me. i'll meet you guys at 10am at the 110th street entrance. i'll just pose the question: or, do you want to meet somewhere in brooklyn? i live in manhattan and my GF lives in brooklyn so it's easy for me to meet in either boro. however, aren't most of you guys brooklyn based? we could avoid manhattan traffic that way... just a thought though, i'm cool either way.

  4. #154
    Member mastershake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I'm kinda new to the area, can someone describe what and where the "110th street entrance" is? What's the best way to get there if I'm riding up from Columbus Circle?

  5. #155
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Scott AFD-909
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just get on the park drive and follow it counterclockwise all the way to the north end of the park. After a S-shaped downhill section you'll see the Harlem Meer on your right. The entrance is ahead of you.

  6. #156
    Commuting Horrorshow wheezl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livorno, Toscana, Italia
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR3, Decathlon ****box.
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastershake
    Since I'm kinda new to the area, can someone describe what and where the "110th street entrance" is? What's the best way to get there if I'm riding up from Columbus Circle?
    Looks like we should be specific which one. I was thinking of the one labeled "Farmer's Gt." at Lenox on this map http://www.centralpark2000.com/produ...p/map_102e.htm

    The best way to get there from Columbus Circle is to just go into the park, ride around the loop and you are there. It's at the bottom of the largest hill in the park by the pond.

  7. #157
    Member mastershake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, the park entrance. I'll be the one on a red and white Specialized, white helmet, smacking my forehead.

  8. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,452
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slvoid, you're doing this ride right? If this is the same trail as the TA Century, then it passes about a block from my house (Bklyn). Can you guys give me a call when you get into Prospect Park? I'll wait by the corner of my block and wait for you guys to pass and I'll jump in.

  9. #159
    Sweetened with Splenda
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, Alabama
    My Bikes
    Too many 80s roadbikes!
    Posts
    2,335
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a cue sheet? I know I've seen the C's somewhere in my neighborhood, too... jsut can't think where!

  10. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,452
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try to E-mail TA for the cue sheet. I have mine home somewhere.

  11. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,452
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what's the deal??? If you guys are doing the TA ride today, let me know! I'll jump in from Brooklyn.

  12. #162
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadd
    Slvoid, you're doing this ride right? If this is the same trail as the TA Century, then it passes about a block from my house (Bklyn). Can you guys give me a call when you get into Prospect Park? I'll wait by the corner of my block and wait for you guys to pass and I'll jump in.
    Sorry man, you posted this at 11, I was out of the house at 9 cause they wanted to meet up at 10, we went yesterday.

  13. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,452
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No prob dude. I didn't realize that the ride was yesterday. I thought it was a Sunday ride. No prob. I was at work yesterday anyway.

    So, how did it go? Did you guys do the complete 100 miles or did the group break up and separate for the 75/100 area?

  14. #164
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're all meeting up this afternoon in central park to do a few laps, watch out for stevie and wheezl, they're pretty fast.
    BTW I'm pretty sure that was you calling me all morning, I still can't find my phone, it's lost in my room somewhere and the walls are pretty reflective so sound is coming from literally all around me whenever it rings, I can't pinpoint where my phone is under all the mess.

  15. #165
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ride was fine, they really changed the route this year.
    It looped around the far rockaways into the middle of queens but then it looped back out to the eastern end of queens and onto northern, now, northern's a block away from where I work and we wanted to avoid the triborough so I thought as long as we're on northern (in the middle of queens) and head west, we'll get to 35th avenue or whatever and be able to get onto queensboro back into manhattan.
    But I didn't realize that we had swung into the eastern end of queens, so by the time we rode like 8 miles then headed south, we were like, literally right back at where the ride headed east.
    Plus, I think there might've been some bad meatballs in our pizza and we all bailed and took the train back...

  16. #166
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Scott AFD-909
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will do a few relaxed laps in CP toay. I'll start at 2 pm at the 90th street entrance (east) at the water fountain. Anybody else? Since I won't have access to the net for the rest of the day my cell is 646 248 2156

    Stefan

  17. #167
    Commuting Horrorshow wheezl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livorno, Toscana, Italia
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR3, Decathlon ****box.
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slvoid
    The ride was fine, they really changed the route this year.
    It looped around the far rockaways into the middle of queens but then it looped back out to the eastern end of queens and onto northern, now, northern's a block away from where I work and we wanted to avoid the triborough so I thought as long as we're on northern (in the middle of queens) and head west, we'll get to 35th avenue or whatever and be able to get onto queensboro back into manhattan.
    But I didn't realize that we had swung into the eastern end of queens, so by the time we rode like 8 miles then headed south, we were like, literally right back at where the ride headed east.
    Plus, I think there might've been some bad meatballs in our pizza and we all bailed and took the train back...
    Both of my camera usb cables are at work so I'm going to have to wait to post the meatball picture. I'll probably go down there today. I didn't take too many pictures but I can post a few if no one has any objections to having thier lovely mug online.

  18. #168
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you REALLY want to see my picture online? Didn't think so!

  19. #169
    Commuting Horrorshow wheezl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livorno, Toscana, Italia
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR3, Decathlon ****box.
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slvoid
    Do you REALLY want to see my picture online? Didn't think so!

    I had to see it in person. How much worse can it be online?

  20. #170
    more ape than man timmhaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    8,093
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was a good ride yesterday. i got off the train and rode down to my GF's in brooklyn from queens. ended up with 94 miles. i debated doing a lap or two in PP until i reached 100, but i was so freaking tired at that point. my fitness level really sucks, i've discovered.
    Last edited by timmhaan; 10-02-05 at 10:34 AM.

  21. #171
    Commuting Horrorshow wheezl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livorno, Toscana, Italia
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR3, Decathlon ****box.
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie68
    I will do a few relaxed laps in CP toay. I'll start at 2 pm at the 90th street entrance (east) at the water fountain. Anybody else? Since I won't have access to the net for the rest of the day my cell is 646 248 2156

    Stefan

    I took a nap at maybe 12 and didn't wake up until 4. Perhaps there were a few too many beers last saturday night

  22. #172
    Commuting Horrorshow wheezl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livorno, Toscana, Italia
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR3, Decathlon ****box.
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slvoid
    I think they're all meeting up this afternoon in central park to do a few laps, watch out for stevie and wheezl, they're pretty fast.

    Our top speed Saturday was 41.6Mph!!

    ...and yes that was downhill with a tailwind

  23. #173
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only recorded 40.6mph

  24. #174
    Commuting Horrorshow wheezl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livorno, Toscana, Italia
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR3, Decathlon ****box.
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slvoid
    I only recorded 40.6mph

    Yeah but you were waiting for me to catch up .

  25. #175
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Scott AFD-909
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wheezl
    I took a nap at maybe 12 and didn't wake up until 4. Perhaps there were a few too many beers last saturday night
    I had some too. On sunday i was creeping around CP with an average of about 5 mph. I was lucky nobody watched me

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •