Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 278 of 320 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 7983
  1. #6926
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a change of heart after today's ride:

    Tweeted: Havre de Grace and Other Places by iodaniell at Garmin Connect - Details http://t.co/T35FLiY #cycling in Maryland

    Legs felt slow, sore and empty. I can't see pushing the studs over the mountains tomorrow. Besides the weather looks wet out that way. I'd rather have snow than cold and wet.

    In other news... I thought while I was riding through Havre de Grace on the concourse that I heard a very large gas expulsions coming from the river. I didn't get to see it, but the sound was unmistakable. I wonder if that 4+ magnitude earthquake at 7:55am today shifted stuff in the river a little.
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  2. #6927
    4130 on 28's at 15 greaterbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Charm City
    Posts
    1,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRacer View Post
    In other news... I thought while I was riding through Havre de Grace on the concourse that I heard a very large gas expulsions coming from the river. I didn't get to see it, but the sound was unmistakable.
    Hmm... and what exactly did you have for lunch?
    sorry.

    I plan on riding tomorrow on standard 28mm road tires. I'll turn around if the terrain gets too crappy. NR, if you wanna ride with, I'll be leaving @ 7AM from the "Ashland Marketplace Shopping cntr" here http://tinyurl.com/2cn3dpy

    The new route is: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/477110
    2013: quit counting 2012 FG century count: 4 2011 century count: ~20 2010 mileage: 10,239 2009 mileage: 8127 2008 mileage: 7157

    Surly Cross Check - Kogswell P/R G2 - COHO
    THE RANDO RAMBLE . . . (blogs) . . . BIKING, BEER and TOAST

  3. #6928
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greaterbrown View Post
    Hmm... and what exactly did you have for lunch?
    sorry.

    I plan on riding tomorrow on standard 28mm road tires. I'll turn around if the terrain gets too crappy. NR, if you wanna ride with, I'll be leaving @ 7AM from the "Ashland Marketplace Shopping cntr" here http://tinyurl.com/2cn3dpy

    The new route is: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/477110
    Haha!!! It did sound like farting in a bath tub, but on a much grander scale! LOL!

    If I ride tomorrow, your liable to rip my legs off. I don't have a wheel set with any regular road tires mounted. I have 700x40s, the knobby set with 700x45 front and 700x35 rear and a set that has the 700x35 studs.

    I do have a new custom wheel set coming--sort of a Christmas/Birthday gift to myself. I don't want to give too much away about them other than the rims are made by a company that starts with a "Z"! They won't be here by Sunday, though.
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  4. #6929
    4130 on 28's at 15 greaterbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Charm City
    Posts
    1,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRacer View Post
    If I ride tomorrow, your liable to rip my legs off. I don't have a wheel set with any regular road tires mounted. I have 700x40s, the knobby set with 700x45 front and 700x35 rear and a set that has the 700x35 studs.
    Well, if the conditions are not good. you'll be faster than me. It's up to you though. and there are certainly a lot of easy turnaround points or alternates. hell, you could ride all trail, if you want.

    I'll be out tonight. It'd be great to have a ride buddy tomorrow. -B
    2013: quit counting 2012 FG century count: 4 2011 century count: ~20 2010 mileage: 10,239 2009 mileage: 8127 2008 mileage: 7157

    Surly Cross Check - Kogswell P/R G2 - COHO
    THE RANDO RAMBLE . . . (blogs) . . . BIKING, BEER and TOAST

  5. #6930
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greaterbrown View Post
    I'll be out tonight. It'd be great to have a ride buddy tomorrow. -B
    Check here, later. I'll let you know before I hit the sack.
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  6. #6931
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob--see you at the Ashland shopping center. Wheels down 7am. Mine will be studded.
    Last edited by NoRacer; 12-30-10 at 08:28 PM.
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  7. #6932
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Again; Off Again (Checkout Ride) by iodaniell at Garmin Connect - Details http://t.co/IfCmrLr #cycling in Maryland

    Pics are here:

    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=28cfc67cb9
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  8. #6933
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Birthday ride - Ride to Jericho

    Ride to Jericho by iodaniell at Garmin Connect - Details http://t.co/8phKGB1 #cycling in Maryland


    Pics here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=467d2c3eb9
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  9. #6934
    Senior Member HC203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Baltimore,MD
    My Bikes
    Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did 85 today. Was going to do the DCRand thing out of DC but not enough sleep to get up and get down there/. Rode out to O Ridge and joined BBC ride the added more. Not sure about rando ride. may need to build up to that ; )

  10. #6935
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBC's To Frederick on Frederick Rando Ramble by iodaniell at Garmin Connect - Details http://t.co/vHa0ZYK #cycling in Maryland

    Bob has pictures. We'll have to wait for him to publish them.

    I reviewed this record more closely and it looks pretty well hosed up. There's nothing from Mt Airy to Frederick or Frederick to Mt Airy. Then, there were two "lock-ups" on the way back--shows up as a straight line on the map.

    The good thing is that the GPS continued supplying good turn-by-turn data as long as it wasn't locked up. It's the "logging" that got fouled. I complained on Garmin's Edge 500 user forum about this problem and another one with regard to century long routes that shut the computer off when you scroll from the bread crumb map to the next screen.
    Last edited by NoRacer; 01-03-11 at 10:09 AM.
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  11. #6936
    Senior Member balto charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Baltimore/DC
    Posts
    2,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey folks; Happy New Years everyone, happy birthday Isaias. Didn't do any riding over the NYs wknd. We had the inlaws(>50) over yesterday thus had to prepared for the onslaught. Well it was fun but now must work off layers of butter fat and alcohol. Slogged in to work today. It was cold and I was slow.

  12. #6937
    Senior Member HC203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Baltimore,MD
    My Bikes
    Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    cold

    Happy New Year all you BF folks!!

    Charlie-I hear you on the extra layer of butterfat.

    Hard to get motivated to get out in the cold when I don't have to-but I must.

  13. #6938
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Charlie.

    I'm off of work today, but will return tomorrow. I haven't decided if I'll ride today or not--leaning to not. My quads have been fried as of late. They need some rest--more than a day's worth I fear, but that's all I can afford since I'll be returning to work tomorrow.
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  14. #6939
    Senior Member HC203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Baltimore,MD
    My Bikes
    Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    hams

    With me it's hamstrings. Tighter than guitar strings right now. Gonna turn on the tv tonight and just roll the F out of them.

    I did 20 today very slow, stuck in little ring can be a blessing sometimes.

    105 miles so far in 2011 -woo hoo!!

  15. #6940
    Senior Member balto charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Baltimore/DC
    Posts
    2,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all: great sunrise this AM, but cold. 21F to start the day. Glad to have a little extra butter in my veins at this time of year. Barely made the train. They actually waited for me
    GB: look for a pm
    Isaias Have you figured out how you will be commuting this year, same as always? Might make 20K.
    Harry: did you climb Old Rag? Or is that still to come?

  16. #6941
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by balto charlie View Post
    Hey all: great sunrise this AM, but cold. 21F to start the day. Glad to have a little extra butter in my veins at this time of year. Barely made the train. They actually waited for me
    GB: look for a pm
    Isaias Have you figured out how you will be commuting this year, same as always? Might make 20K.
    Harry: did you climb Old Rag? Or is that still to come?
    Yes, going to ride 'til I can ride no more.

    Funny (but, not really) how fast these fools in motor vehicles on Pulaski Hwy have forgotten me. I'm going to have to go through another "break-in" period with them. Luckily, I have a new tactic in the one worrisome "pinch zone" to make it safer for me (i.e., slow down enough to catch the light when it's red and parallel traffic is slowed or stopped, so that I don't get crunched in the long RTOL.) These people zip into these RTOLs as if they're coming in for a "splash of gas and go" pit stop.
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  17. #6942
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRacer View Post
    I do have a new custom wheel set coming--sort of a Christmas/birthday gift to myself. I don't want to give too much away about them other than the rims are made by a company that starts with a "Z"! They won't be here by Sunday, though.
    These are laced around DuraAce hubs. They will be here in a couple of days! They won't be the lightest, but they'll be very aero.

    I hope they can stand up to my [ab]use.
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  18. #6943
    -=Barry=- The Human Car's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD +/- ~100 miles
    Posts
    4,077
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRacer View Post
    Yes, going to ride 'til I can ride no more.

    Funny (but, not really) how fast these fools in motor vehicles on Pulaski Hwy have forgotten me. I'm going to have to go through another "break-in" period with them. Luckily, I have a new tactic in the one worrisome "pinch zone" to make it safer for me (i.e., slow down enough to catch the light when it's red and parallel traffic is slowed or stopped, so that I don't get crunched in the long RTOL.) These people zip into these RTOLs as if they're coming in for a "splash of gas and go" pit stop.
    NR You're awesome! Be sure to report those pinch points http://marylandsha.force.com/custome...st_for_service
    Cycling Advocate
    http://BaltimoreSpokes.org
    . . . o
    . . /L
    =()>()

  19. #6944
    4130 on 28's at 15 greaterbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Charm City
    Posts
    1,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    GB is a lucky boy

    Check this out:


    I am quite happy to report that I was NOT riding when this happened. If I were (riding) I believe I'd be showing you x-rays of my collarbone.

    This is the front rim from a pair I purchased for the Kogswell. The rear rim caused a similar blowout last year during a ride. (NR remembers this well) The wheel has seen some use, but there is no reason for such catastrophic failure on a Velocity rim with less than 10K miles on it.

    I'm working on replacement options.
    2013: quit counting 2012 FG century count: 4 2011 century count: ~20 2010 mileage: 10,239 2009 mileage: 8127 2008 mileage: 7157

    Surly Cross Check - Kogswell P/R G2 - COHO
    THE RANDO RAMBLE . . . (blogs) . . . BIKING, BEER and TOAST

  20. #6945
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Human Car View Post
    NR You're awesome! Be sure to report those pinch points http://marylandsha.force.com/custome...st_for_service
    Barry, they are basically every RTOL from Essex to Havre de Grace, but some of them (i.e., Spesutia Rd is the worrisome one) are busier than others.
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  21. #6946
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greaterbrown View Post

    I am quite happy to report that I was NOT riding when this happened. If I were (riding) I believe I'd be showing you x-rays of my collarbone.

    This is the front rim from a pair I purchased for the Kogswell. The rear rim caused a similar blowout last year during a ride. (NR remembers this well) The wheel has seen some use, but there is no reason for such catastrophic failure on a Velocity rim with less than 10K miles on it.

    I'm working on replacement options.

    Glad you weren't riding. That looks like a studded tire. Is it ok?
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  22. #6947
    -=Barry=- The Human Car's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD +/- ~100 miles
    Posts
    4,077
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRacer View Post
    Barry, they are basically every RTOL from Essex to Havre de Grace, but some of them (i.e., Spesutia Rd is the worrisome one) are busier than others.
    I am well aware but this is a new SHA tracking system, they have to report why something does not get done rather then just ignore the request. Just plug in one or two of the worst get a number and well bug the heck out of them till they fix it.
    Cycling Advocate
    http://BaltimoreSpokes.org
    . . . o
    . . /L
    =()>()

  23. #6948
    Senior Member HC203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Baltimore,MD
    My Bikes
    Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    rim blow

    @Charlie-Hiking Old Rag on Saturday, weather calls for snow showers, exactly the conditions I was hoping for-so I can try out these light crampons for my boots.

    @NRacer-I used to have a shop off of Pulaski in the late eighties-I can't imagine riding any of that road. Be safe.

    @GB-That's a catastrophic blowout. Were you on route or at home?
    I had the same thing happen to me on a mt bike, my brothers I think I put too much air in the tire, but still shouldn't blow like that. Right in the middle of a climb, BANG-like a gunshot. Glad you're okay.

  24. #6949
    4130 on 28's at 15 greaterbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Charm City
    Posts
    1,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRacer View Post
    Glad you weren't riding. That looks like a studded tire. Is it ok?
    Yep. That's the Nokians. I haven't inspected carefully, but it seems okay.
    2013: quit counting 2012 FG century count: 4 2011 century count: ~20 2010 mileage: 10,239 2009 mileage: 8127 2008 mileage: 7157

    Surly Cross Check - Kogswell P/R G2 - COHO
    THE RANDO RAMBLE . . . (blogs) . . . BIKING, BEER and TOAST

  25. #6950
    Senior Member balto charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Baltimore/DC
    Posts
    2,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, GB No way should a wheel blow before a tire. Something obviously wrong with the wheel. I doubt they will give you a replacement since it has lots of miles but you're right, it should easily handle more than 10,000.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •