Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 62 of 320 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 7983
  1. #1526
    Senior Member HC203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Baltimore,MD
    My Bikes
    Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Death Valley

    Did a couple days of great riding in Death Valley. I was still sick, did two days and went home. I will definitely be back in October for their double century and the camp next February. Check out my blog here.
    I would definitely recommend the ride.

    I can't seem to shake my chest congestion and may just do the rest of my training indoors until the weather warms. I seem to be prone to this chest thing, pneumonia as a kid, bronchitis a few times etc.

    http://web.mac.com/harrycampbell1/iW...7s%20Site.html

  2. #1527
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HC203 View Post
    Did a couple days of great riding in Death Valley. I was still sick, did two days and went home. I will definitely be back in October for their double century and the camp next February. Check out my blog here.
    I would definitely recommend the ride.

    I can't seem to shake my chest congestion and may just do the rest of my training indoors until the weather warms. I seem to be prone to this chest thing, pneumonia as a kid, bronchitis a few times etc.

    http://web.mac.com/harrycampbell1/iW...7s%20Site.html

    Are you the Harry that posts on BBC Talk? I didn't know you were a BF member! Cool!

    Hope you get well soon.

    --
    Isaias
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  3. #1528
    Mmmmm Donuts! FatguyRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Crownsville, MD
    My Bikes
    1998 IF Crown Jewel
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerHiker View Post
    Weekend ride report:
    Yesterday was just raw outside so I decided to spend an hour on the trainer with Coach Troy. So, today I was anxious to get outside and ride for a while. Within 15 minutes I was cursing the wind and cold. I'm so sick of the winter!!!
    Yesterday was beautiful where i live. Maybe a little cold. I didnt get out until 2:30 as I was working the Tradezone race as one of the many officials.

    Even though I spent all morning and early afternoon outdoors, there was no way i was gonna make it 7 straight days on rollers. As soon as i got home, went for a nice 2 hr ride.
    John

    '09 Cannondale CAAD9 - Team Latitude/ABRT Special.
    '04 Lemond Victorie Ti
    '98 IF Crown Jewel (dead)
    '92 Trek2100 (TT)
    '50 something Gino Bartali (fixer)
    '02 Ducati ST4s (Moto-Ref mount)

    My Blog

  4. #1529
    Senior Member HC203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Baltimore,MD
    My Bikes
    Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    That's me

    Hey NoRacer,
    Yes the same. Just started riding a few BBC rides late this season, hoping to get up to speed this year. I've been keeping tabs on the DC Rand rides etc. I admire your sense of commitment. I'm trying to figure out a good balance between spending time with my three kids and getting in some miles. I should at least be able to get to 5k total miles this year. See you at one of the rides this season for sure.
    hc

  5. #1530
    Senior Member balto charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Baltimore/DC
    Posts
    2,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey folks Glad to see some of you on bikes this last week. Last week was a brutal commuting week especially on Friday. They close down my place of work due to an electrical problem but only after I was at work. Now I was faced with a 25 mile return bike ride as the trains only run at rush hour. This option sucked since the weather was miserable and I was on studded tires. Luckily I got a car ride halfway home and biked the remaining miles. I had to ride into work today on dry pavement w/ those frigging studs tho'. Kinda love/hate relationship. I'm trying to ride 100/week. I'm just under those numbers. Nice day for a ride yesterday, beautiful sunset as I returned from the ride.
    On a final note. I have recently returned to an old hobby of mine, homebrewing. This spring we should all get together, attack the "hills of Catonsville" and return to my house for a few pints. Currently on draft is a thick stout and an ESB. Also fermenting is a pale ale. Give me 1 or 2 months to have 2 more on tap. Charlie

  6. #1531
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FatguyRacer View Post
    I didnt get out until 2:30 as I was working the Tradezone race as one of the many officials.
    So, John, what happen to the "B" race? Why did they overshoot the field size during registration? (or, are you working as an USCF official? and that's the promoter's problem)
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  7. #1532
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HC203 View Post
    Hey NoRacer,

    See you at one of the rides this season for sure.

    hc
    +1
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  8. #1533
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by balto charlie View Post
    I have recently returned to an old hobby of mine, homebrewing. This spring we should all get together, attack the "hills of Catonsville" and return to my house for a few pints. Currently on draft is a thick stout and an ESB. Also fermenting is a pale ale. Give me 1 or 2 months to have 2 more on tap. Charlie
    I'm in! !!!!!!
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  9. #1534
    Mmmmm Donuts! FatguyRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Crownsville, MD
    My Bikes
    1998 IF Crown Jewel
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRacer View Post
    So, John, what happen to the "B" race? Why did they overshoot the field size during registration? (or, are you working as an USCF official? and that's the promoter's problem)
    Yes, i was working as one of the USA Cycling 'blueshirts'. You cant miss me with my black Screaming Duc Racing (A bud's Moto ST Ducati racing team) ball cap. I had on a green parka for most of the day. It was frigging cold early on.

    In a nutshell, the promotor oversold. Its the officials job to enforce the field limit. If not it would void the conditions of the permit and as a conseqence the insurance coverage would be void too, after the fact.

    Apprently they didnt read their own flyer which states 75 rider limit. The fair thing to do was cut the riders off the end of the list, after some of the Cat 3's volunteered to bail in leiu of the A race. You cant be late for these things. If your still a 5, why not race the C, They werent THAT much slower than the B race and their field didnt fill up. Heck they caught the womens race in about 3-4 laps. It would also be a better booster for your confidence and comfort level, as i recall you got detached from the field in week 1.
    John

    '09 Cannondale CAAD9 - Team Latitude/ABRT Special.
    '04 Lemond Victorie Ti
    '98 IF Crown Jewel (dead)
    '92 Trek2100 (TT)
    '50 something Gino Bartali (fixer)
    '02 Ducati ST4s (Moto-Ref mount)

    My Blog

  10. #1535
    Isaias NoRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Essex, MD
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FatguyRacer View Post
    If your still a 5, why not race the C, They werent THAT much slower than the B race and their field didnt fill up. Heck they caught the womens race in about 3-4 laps. It would also be a better booster for your confidence and comfort level, as i recall you got detached from the field in week 1.
    I'm a 4.

    Yup, dropped--I did a century ride the day before that had lots of climbing.

    Since the race was a "training race", I decided to train through. That was the first time I've done any type of intensity work since the end of season last year. When I thought I had enough, I dropped out. The race was my official change-over from long distance rides to quality training rides.
    Last edited by NoRacer; 02-25-08 at 11:55 AM.
    2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,234 miles; 2011 mileage = 17,344 miles; 2012 mileage = 11,414 miles; 2013 = 12,169

  11. #1536
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Reisterstown, MD
    Posts
    3,181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by balto charlie View Post
    I have recently returned to an old hobby of mine, homebrewing. This spring we should all get together, attack the "hills of Catonsville" and return to my house for a few pints. Currently on draft is a thick stout and an ESB. Also fermenting is a pale ale. Give me 1 or 2 months to have 2 more on tap. Charlie
    +1000

    that is a hobby I keep meaning to try. Although it is probably contrary to my goals of actually losing some weight.

    -D

  12. #1537
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Reisterstown, MD
    Posts
    3,181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as rides, I hit the rollers on the beautiful sunday afternoon. I was Mr mom this weekend (wife had a women's retreat). She got back sunday lunchtime and took our daghter to a birthday party. I put my 2yo son down for his nap and hit the rollers. Better than nothing.

    -D

  13. #1538
    Roadie BikerHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Carroll County, MD
    My Bikes
    '07 Giant TCR Advanced 1
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by balto charlie View Post
    On a final note. I have recently returned to an old hobby of mine, homebrewing. This spring we should all get together, attack the "hills of Catonsville" and return to my house for a few pints. Currently on draft is a thick stout and an ESB. Also fermenting is a pale ale. Give me 1 or 2 months to have 2 more on tap. Charlie
    +1
    Helping people consume their homebrew is an old hobby I'd like to start up again! I'll bring some glass pints.

  14. #1539
    Mmmmm Donuts! FatguyRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Crownsville, MD
    My Bikes
    1998 IF Crown Jewel
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derath View Post
    Better than nothing.

    -D
    Better than a static trainer too. I made sure i got my Sat 'ride' in even though i didnt get on the the rollers until after 8pm.

    I've often thought about home brewing. But i think i may be cheaper for me to just buy good beer than try and fail to make my own.
    John

    '09 Cannondale CAAD9 - Team Latitude/ABRT Special.
    '04 Lemond Victorie Ti
    '98 IF Crown Jewel (dead)
    '92 Trek2100 (TT)
    '50 something Gino Bartali (fixer)
    '02 Ducati ST4s (Moto-Ref mount)

    My Blog

  15. #1540
    Mmmmm Donuts! FatguyRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Crownsville, MD
    My Bikes
    1998 IF Crown Jewel
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRacer View Post
    I'm a 4.

    Yup, dropped--I did a century ride the day before that had lots of climbing.

    Since the race was a "training race", I decided to train through. That was the first time I've done any type of intensity work since the end of season last year. When I thought I had enough, I dropped out. The race was my official change-over from long distance rides to quality training rides.
    Whoops. Sorry mang. I didnt realize you were a 4 already.

    Be early this Sunday.
    John

    '09 Cannondale CAAD9 - Team Latitude/ABRT Special.
    '04 Lemond Victorie Ti
    '98 IF Crown Jewel (dead)
    '92 Trek2100 (TT)
    '50 something Gino Bartali (fixer)
    '02 Ducati ST4s (Moto-Ref mount)

    My Blog

  16. #1541
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Reisterstown, MD
    Posts
    3,181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FatguyRacer View Post
    Better than a static trainer too. I made sure i got my Sat 'ride' in even though i didnt get on the the rollers until after 8pm.

    I've often thought about home brewing. But i think i may be cheaper for me to just buy good beer than try and fail to make my own.
    I'm getting a trainer too. My parents bought me one for my B'day

    With the kids and work I have decided it is the only way to get some consistent workouts.

    As far as home brewing, for me it isn't about saving money. It is about crafting that perfect beer.

    -D

  17. #1542
    WV is not flat.. brandenjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charles Town,Wv.
    My Bikes
    1 away from divorce!
    Posts
    995
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone here ride out in the Monrovia area of Frederick Co. I passed a group riding on Rt.75 close to 75-80 Drag strip on Sunday. I was so jealous I was driving instead of being one of them..Just wondering if any of you were part of the pack...

  18. #1543
    Mmmmm Donuts! FatguyRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Crownsville, MD
    My Bikes
    1998 IF Crown Jewel
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derath View Post
    I'm getting a trainer too. My parents bought me one for my B'day

    With the kids and work I have decided it is the only way to get some consistent workouts.

    As far as home brewing, for me it isn't about saving money. It is about crafting that perfect beer.

    -D
    It works out that way too without kids. By the time i have to gear up for a cold, dark evening ride, i can just as well slip down to the basement and jump on rollers. Im really glad my wife got them for me for xmas. I wish i had had a set long before, or i wouldnt be known as FatguyRacer.
    John

    '09 Cannondale CAAD9 - Team Latitude/ABRT Special.
    '04 Lemond Victorie Ti
    '98 IF Crown Jewel (dead)
    '92 Trek2100 (TT)
    '50 something Gino Bartali (fixer)
    '02 Ducati ST4s (Moto-Ref mount)

    My Blog

  19. #1544
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drove up and rode for a couple of hours on the NCR trail. It was the first time I've been on it since I moved to Baltimore. It was really nice but pretty slow-going because it was completely covered in snow, ice, mud, and slush. I'm just glad I was on a cross bike. My bike and I were filthy by the end and I had to use my jersey to clean off my bike as best I could so my wife wouldn't kill me for muddying up our new car. It was a lot of fun and great to be out in the sun for the first time in a while.

    Oh, and I'd be thrilled to try some of that homebrew. I've always wanted to try doing it myself but I've never really had the space for it. Such is the peril of apartment living...
    Salsa La Cruz--one bike for everything

  20. #1545
    -=Barry=- The Human Car's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD +/- ~100 miles
    Posts
    4,077
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first time I tried the NCR was under similar conditions and when I got home the kids asked if I ran into the back end of a cement truck.
    Cycling Advocate
    http://BaltimoreSpokes.org
    . . . o
    . . /L
    =()>()

  21. #1546
    Senior Member balto charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Baltimore/DC
    Posts
    2,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a lot of interest in the beer ride. I will continue to crank out some brews over the next few weeks to fill the taps. If anyone is interested in watching the process drop me a PM and I will contact you.
    To those with interest: The hobby is as easy as cooking. The key components to a good homebrew is excellent sanitation and good ingredients. The rest is simple. It is like most hobbies, you can keep it simple or make it complicated.
    Back to the brewpot, Charlie

  22. #1547
    -=Barry=- The Human Car's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD +/- ~100 miles
    Posts
    4,077
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A beer ride!!! Saturday March 1 Starts @ 10:30 AM Cherry Hill Park, Baltimore, MD http://www.baltimorespokes.org/artic...80212164521787

    Two bills in Annapolis need Immediate Attention: http://www.baltimorespokes.org/artic...80226091508118
    Cycling Advocate
    http://BaltimoreSpokes.org
    . . . o
    . . /L
    =()>()

  23. #1548
    Villainous huerro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austin
    My Bikes
    Trek 420, Cyclops
    Posts
    1,894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by balto charlie View Post
    Looks like a lot of interest in the beer ride. I will continue to crank out some brews over the next few weeks to fill the taps. If anyone is interested in watching the process drop me a PM and I will contact you.
    To those with interest: The hobby is as easy as cooking. The key components to a good homebrew is excellent sanitation and good ingredients. The rest is simple. It is like most hobbies, you can keep it simple or make it complicated.
    Back to the brewpot, Charlie
    Are you Charlie M the mad scientist?

    If not, there is another home brewing Charlie in Catonsville.

  24. #1549
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Severn, MD
    My Bikes
    Airborne Carpe Diem; Trek 520
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by balto charlie View Post
    Looks like a lot of interest in the beer ride . . . To those with interest: The hobby is as easy as cooking.
    I'm too lazy to brew it, but I'll sure help you drink it! Assuming I'm over my plague by whatever date the ride is to be held. I got mostly better, although I never completely stopped lightly coughing up small amounts of crud, but it came back with a vengeance on Thursday, and I've been sick as a dog since. I've finally given up, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. (I typically won't go unless it's a matter of bones sticking out of flesh.) I'm so aggravated about how much riding I've been missing!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can't win until you're not afraid to lose.

  25. #1550
    Senior Member veloellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NCR trail rarely gets touched from December to March by us. It's significantly shaded so it stays wet longer, cold longer, and snowy longer than the road. My husband and I even commented to each other this weekend that the trail must be a mess right about now....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •