The Chesapeake Bay is dangerously out of balance. The Bay and its rivers and
streams are being choked by nitrogen and phosphorus pollution, toxic
contamination, and oxygen depletion.
You can be part of the solution. Join CBF's CYCLIST FOR THE BAY program (it's free) and
help protect this national treasure.
As a CYCLIST FOR THE BAY, I will:
- Use my bicycle instead of a car whenever possible to reduce the harmful
effects of vehicle emissions.
- Ride my bike to work at least once a week, if circumstances allow.
- Do what I can to promote cycling as an environmentally-friendly means of
- Spread the word that vehicle exhaust contributes more than one-third of
all the nitrogen pollution entering the Bay from the air.
- Encourage other cyclists to join the fight to protect and restore the
waterways, farmlands, and forests of the Bay region.
- Speak out for decisive action to save this national treasure.
Membership is FREE!
Pledge now and receive:
- Two CYCLIST FOR THE BAY stickers to proudly display your support for the
Bay and its tributaries.
- Pledge card with useful Bay information.
- Automatic enrollment in CBF's Action Network, our e-mail alert system for
important Bay issues.
- Discounts on merchandise from CBF's online store.