Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Northeast (http://www.bikeforums.net/northeast/)
-   -   NYC Members List (http://www.bikeforums.net/northeast/267136-nyc-members-list.html)

Hambone 02-20-07 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyknacks
I am curious to know how Slvoid wound up EIGHTH on the list? Hmmm...

Matty in Brooklyn

nicest bike first, second nicest bike second, or was it good looks?

slvoid 02-21-07 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacy
It's Slvoid's not-so-secret hit list. ;)

Damn, alright, here's the deal, I'll let you knock off one person from the list if you keep it a secret. Anyone you wish.

slvoid 02-21-07 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyknacks
I am curious to know how Slvoid wound up EIGHTH on the list? Hmmm...

Matty in Brooklyn

It's listed in order of who I'm going to take out first when I get my sniper rifle. The formula allows every 8th person to be spared.

Hambone 02-21-07 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slvoid
It's listed in order of who I'm going to take out first when I get my sniper rifle. The formula allows every 8th person to be spared.

so then is it the ones you most fear or the ones you think will be easiest to hit...

The later would seem more likely with me being in the lead position. Fat, drunk and stupid AND slow!

mattyknacks 02-22-07 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slvoid
It's listed in order of who I'm going to take out first when I get my sniper rifle. The formula allows every 8th person to be spared.

Hell, I'm all for that plan!

slvoid 02-22-07 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambone
so then is it the ones you most fear or the ones you think will be easiest to hit...

The later would seem more likely with me being in the lead position. Fat, drunk and stupid AND slow!

Ah, you got me there... fine, no one dies. But you'll all have to ride.

Mazaev 02-24-07 11:55 AM

+1 for Brooklyn

slvoid 02-25-07 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazaev
+1 for Brooklyn

Do you ride a specialized?

hotbike 02-26-07 10:09 AM

I would like to be added to the list. Although I live in Nassau County (across the border from Queens),
I do make ocasional forrays into New York City.

Back in 1990 I rode my bike over the Closed Brooklyn Queens Expressway. Quite a feat, but it was closed for demolition as a new elevated structure was being built.The entrance was blocked by a 76 thousand pound excavator, but I squeezed by on my bike. Had the whole road to myself. I came into Manhatan over the bike/sidewalk on the Tribourough, went down to Penn Station, and took my bike back on the LIRR train. And that was at night, under cover of darkness, but I always have lights on my bikes.

CDP 02-26-07 06:17 PM

UES calling from the white courtesy phone. Downtown/brooklyn lived there done that.

Just fixing around the park now.

egonlou 02-28-07 06:38 AM

Waking up from hibernation
 
Please add me to the list. Thanks

keithnyc 03-01-07 11:38 AM

order placement...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slvoid
It's listed in order of who I'm going to take out first when I get my sniper rifle. The formula allows every 8th person to be spared.


Hmmm.....
.....how about alphabetical order, starting with d.....

Mazaev 03-03-07 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slvoid
Do you ride a specialized?

Err.. nope. '05 Fuji Silhouette here.

acape 03-12-07 08:32 PM

Alas, I'm no longer a NYCer. Just moved to Raleigh, NC about a month ago. Loved my seven years in the city but was ready to get back down south. I'll miss it some, but I'm really enjoying my new town.

keithnyc 03-13-07 06:41 AM

acape-
I was in NC for awhile...Raleigh, Greensboro and Carey. I must say that I do miss the shredded bbq and moonpies......

Hambone 03-13-07 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewnyc
acape-
I was in NC for awhile...Raleigh, Greensboro and Carey. I must say that I do miss the shredded bbq and moonpies......

Waterfront Alehouse (Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn and 2nd Ave/30th (?) Street in Manhattan) has some damn good pulled pork. It is the wetter (western North Carolina) style. Not the dry eastern style.

Moonpies? que?

Bob Ross 03-21-07 12:13 PM

I suppose I should request my name be added to the list...but it begs the question, What's The List For? Has there ever been an organized (sic) BF group ride?

Hambone 03-21-07 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Ross
I suppose I should request my name be added to the list...but it begs the question, What's The List For? Has there ever been an organized (sic) BF group ride?

well, a bunch of us got together for the NYC Century last fall. We rode to Central Park together on the 2 Train from Brooklyn, met up with some others. But by the time the ride actually started, I had been distracted by something shiny, slvoid was chasing rabbits. You know how it is in NYC...

It was nice to know a couple of faces at the rest stops.

(Truth be told, some of the better riders do ride together. At least that is my impression.)

Air 03-21-07 06:46 PM

I met a few BFers starting off and at rest stops (missed Hambone though) on that ride. Also rode a few times at night with jyossarian (couple of Times-Up rides and a night loop on our own that got windy and freezing).

keithnyc 03-22-07 10:24 AM

moonpies...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambone
Waterfront Alehouse (Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn and 2nd Ave/30th (?) Street in Manhattan) has some damn good pulled pork. It is the wetter (western North Carolina) style. Not the dry eastern style.

Moonpies? que?

Sorry for going off-tpic, but let me explain.....A MoonPie® http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonpies is like the northeast's old ScooterPies® (chocolate-covered soft graham cookies with marshmallow in-between). They are pretty much still a staple in the southwest (just spotted some more in Colorado last week). Although ScooterPies only came covered in a chocolate coating, Moonpies also come in vanilla, strawberry and banana flavors.

By the way, try R.U.B. in NYC 23rd (in Chelsea) for some darn good dry and wet rub ribs, and shredded BBQ!

djbowen1 03-22-07 10:33 AM

NYC'r here. Cat5...

Hambone 03-23-07 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewnyc
Sorry for going off-tpic, but let me explain.....A MoonPie® http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonpies is like the northeast's old ScooterPies® (chocolate-covered soft graham cookies with marshmallow in-between). They are pretty much still a staple in the southwest (just spotted some more in Colorado last week). Although ScooterPies only came covered in a chocolate coating, Moonpies also come in vanilla, strawberry and banana flavors.

By the way, try R.U.B. in NYC 23rd (in Chelsea) for some darn good dry and wet rub ribs, and shredded BBQ!

like a giant Malomar... with a lid.

robo 03-26-07 02:24 PM

Washington Heights checking in...

KonradNYC 03-28-07 09:35 AM

Long time reader of BF, but new member.
I live in Marble Hill - Bronx/New York, NY.
Looking to do some NYC rides this year (Century, Tour de Bronx & Brooklyn...) and some bike camping trips this summer. I ride a 2006 Trek 520 touring bike.

henria86 03-28-07 01:03 PM

another...
biker from bklyn ... mango colored klein....
soon merlin..
henri


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:59 AM.