I'm working on a list of 10 interesting or pretty places to ride in New Jersey.
Below is what I've come up with so far -- what should get added? or corrected?
* River road between High Bridge and Califon, right alongside South branch Raritan River -- also a rail trail thru that gorge. [ map ]
* farmland roads around Stewartsville in Warren county. [ map ]
* the "river drive" in Palisades Park north of the George Washington Bridge -- together with riding across the GWB south sidewalk. [ map ]
* Fiddlers Elbow climb -- together with the "Montana" farmland at its top and rt 519 farmland at its bottom. [ map ]
* views of New York skyline + harbor from Liberty State Park - (? together with views of Newark Bay from the sidewalk of the Bayonne Bridge). [ map ]
* Sussex county farmland, like rt 519 south from rt 23 to Beemerville - (but I hope somebody who knows that area better will top that one). [ map ]
* Branch Brook park in Newark -- especially in springtime with cherry blossoms. [ map ]
* the covered bridge -- really more the quiet roads to north of it and the wonderful run south down toward Stockton [ map ]
? someplace on the shore -- but I can't pick out the special road or area.
? someplace in south Jersey -- but I don't know riding around there hardly at all.
Glad to hear more ideas.