Join Date: May 2009
Bikes: Felt AR1, Cervelo S2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is not as big a deal as you might imagine. For the most part, as you head up there, you'll see other cyclists. just follow them.
Directions From NYC
- Riverside Drive --> 165th. Make a Right up the hill.
- First Left onto Fort Washington Ave
- Left onto 177th Street (bridge in front of you)
- Right onto Cabrini Blvd (two northbound lanes separated by a divider.
- Left onto the sidewalk, then onto the ramp up to the bridge.
The bride will end in NJ in a fenced-in area where people meet. That's Hudson Terrace.
- If you go right, you'll go towards Strictly Bicycles, and eventually to 9W.
- If you go left (stay on the left-hand sidewalk down the hill) you'll find River Road at the bottom, which will actually turn you back North, and eventually back up to 9W after some big climbs.
To get to 9W:
Right on Hudson Terrace after the bridge going North. You'll see other cyclists.
Eventually Hudson Terrace will end.
Make a Left (careful!) onto E. Palisade Ave, then the first right onto 9W.
Go north on 9W. If you keep going, eventually you'll get back into NYS. Keep going and you'll find things like Piermont and Nyack.
Parking: People park along Hudson Terrance, but if you live in NYC, just bike up.