I've got several free weekends between here and Thanksgiving, and I kind of hatched this idea during my lunch break today of maybe doing a north-to-south and back again double ascent of Mt. Greylock. If the first ascent is too much, I just loop around the mountain back to the start.
So, my question is should I wait until they close the road to cars? On the one hand, it would be nice to not have to worry about vehicles, but on the other hand, I'm not sure what type of weather I might be facing in early to mid-November.
Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions?
Thanks in advance.