Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

Northeast Connecticut | District of Columbia | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-14, 12:40 PM   #1
heffdiddy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Bikes: KOMobile
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bike rental/bike share places close to Ithaca

I will be in Ithaca, NY the end of July for a week. I was wondering if there are any places in the area that rent road bikes. Or if there is maybe a bike share program that somebody knows of.

I would rather not take my bike with me since I also have to take a stroller and car seat.
heffdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 11:02 AM   #2
IthaDan 
Senior Member
 
IthaDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ithaca, NY
Bikes: Click on the #YOLO
Posts: 4,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdiddy View Post
I will be in Ithaca, NY the end of July for a week. I was wondering if there are any places in the area that rent road bikes. Or if there is maybe a bike share program that somebody knows of.

I would rather not take my bike with me since I also have to take a stroller and car seat.
What kind of bike are you looking to rent? There are a couple shops in town that rent bikes.

Also, I have a rather large stable of bikes (see signature), many of which I'd happily rent/loan out.
__________________

Shimano : Click :: Campy :: Snap :: SRAM : Bang
IthaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 12:25 PM   #3
heffdiddy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Bikes: KOMobile
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IthaDan View Post
What kind of bike are you looking to rent? There are a couple shops in town that rent bikes.

Also, I have a rather large stable of bikes (see signature), many of which I'd happily rent/loan out.
I appreciate the response. I was looking for a road bike. The closest place I could find was Geneva Bicycles. It is a little far for only wanting to ride a couple of days. It looks like you have a lot of bikes. Would you be willing to rent one of them out to me? I am thinking of riding two days while I am there.

The hills will probably kill me and I doubt I will be able to stand more than that.
heffdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 02:20 PM   #4
IthaDan 
Senior Member
 
IthaDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ithaca, NY
Bikes: Click on the #YOLO
Posts: 4,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdiddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IthaDan View Post
What kind of bike are you looking to rent? There are a couple shops in town that rent bikes.

Also, I have a rather large stable of bikes (see signature), many of which I'd happily rent/loan out.
I appreciate the response. I was looking for a road bike. The closest place I could find was Geneva Bicycles. It is a little far for only wanting to ride a couple of days. It looks like you have a lot of bikes. Would you be willing to rent one of them out to me? I am thinking of riding two days while I am there.

The hills will probably kill me and I doubt I will be able to stand more than that.
I'll rent you one. Most of my sti bikes are in the 55-58 range, so if you're of a little more than average height we have a match.
__________________

Shimano : Click :: Campy :: Snap :: SRAM : Bang
IthaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 02:35 PM   #5
heffdiddy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Bikes: KOMobile
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is perfect. I am not all that picky on which one. My current bike is an Orbea Orca BRV Rival in 57 that I had to size down just a little bit. So something 56 would be about right.

I am visiting my wife's family (go every summer). They live on Hungerford Rd off Ellis Hollow. Not sure if that is close to you or not.
heffdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 08:25 AM   #6
IthaDan 
Senior Member
 
IthaDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ithaca, NY
Bikes: Click on the #YOLO
Posts: 4,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdiddy View Post
That is perfect. I am not all that picky on which one. My current bike is an Orbea Orca BRV Rival in 57 that I had to size down just a little bit. So something 56 would be about right.

I am visiting my wife's family (go every summer). They live on Hungerford Rd off Ellis Hollow. Not sure if that is close to you or not.
It' Ihaca, everything's close. I work at Cornell, so it'll be no problem to meet up. Send me a pm or bump this thread a week or so in advance of your visit and we can go from there. We can talk money then as well.

Probably best to bring your pedals along, but other than that, I should be able to fit you to anything.
__________________

Shimano : Click :: Campy :: Snap :: SRAM : Bang
IthaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 08:35 AM   #7
heffdiddy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Bikes: KOMobile
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IthaDan View Post
It' Ihaca, everything's close. I work at Cornell, so it'll be no problem to meet up. Send me a pm or bump this thread a week or so in advance of your visit and we can go from there. We can talk money then as well.

Probably best to bring your pedals along, but other than that, I should be able to fit you to anything.
Will do. Thanks for the help.
heffdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 10:22 AM   #8
IthaDan 
Senior Member
 
IthaDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ithaca, NY
Bikes: Click on the #YOLO
Posts: 4,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdiddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IthaDan View Post
It' Ihaca, everything's close. I work at Cornell, so it'll be no problem to meet up. Send me a pm or bump this thread a week or so in advance of your visit and we can go from there. We can talk money then as well.

Probably best to bring your pedals along, but other than that, I should be able to fit you to anything.
Will do. Thanks for the help.
Just remembered this thread. Hope your visit worked out.
__________________

Shimano : Click :: Campy :: Snap :: SRAM : Bang
IthaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 10:45 AM   #9
heffdiddy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Bikes: KOMobile
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IthaDan View Post
Just remembered this thread. Hope your visit worked out.
It did. Was not able to ride like I hoped as the visit turned in to a family reunion. Hopefully next time I can ride. Thanks for checking back.
heffdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:49 AM.