Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

Northern California Northern California

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-07, 05:03 PM   #1
nesdog
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Conejo Valley, CA
Bikes: Domane 4.3
Posts: 2,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Memorial Day Weekend in San Jose

Hi all,

Socaler here. We may be heading up from the Conejo Valley to visit family for the Memorial Day weekend. If so, we'd be over by Evergreen College.

We really won't decide for several weeks yet but wanted to know if there are any organized rides in that area, events or any BF'ers to tag along with. I'd probably be looking at doing 25-40 miles depending upon our plans and my time window.

Thanks,

Sheldon
__________________
[insert clever quote here]
nesdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 05:41 PM   #2
tprevost
okay, maybe...
 
tprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesdog
Hi all,

Socaler here. We may be heading up from the Conejo Valley to visit family for the Memorial Day weekend. If so, we'd be over by Evergreen College.

We really won't decide for several weeks yet but wanted to know if there are any organized rides in that area, events or any BF'ers to tag along with. I'd probably be looking at doing 25-40 miles depending upon our plans and my time window.

Thanks,

Sheldon
Hey there Nesdog...

M.E. will be up in Morgan Hill that weekend and I (and hopefully VMC ) plan on driving down to ride with ME and hopefully Sean if he's around
__________________
Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...
tprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 05:51 PM   #3
BigSean
Senior Member
 
BigSean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nor-Cal Bay Area
Bikes:
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprevost
Hey there Nesdog...

M.E. will be up in Morgan Hill that weekend and I (and hopefully VMC ) plan on driving down to ride with ME and hopefully Sean if he's around

Ill be ready to go.
BigSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 05:54 PM   #4
nesdog
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Conejo Valley, CA
Bikes: Domane 4.3
Posts: 2,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprevost
Hey there Nesdog...

M.E. will be up in Morgan Hill that weekend and I (and hopefully VMC ) plan on driving down to ride with ME and hopefully Sean if he's around
Morgan Hill is pretty close by, just an exit or two down the freeway from my sister-in-law's house; she is off Yreba Buena. So, are you all planning a road ride then?

Sheldon
__________________
[insert clever quote here]
nesdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 06:02 PM   #5
spingineer
Spinning like a gerbel
 
spingineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Silicon Valley
Bikes: Seven
Posts: 7,951
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can I tag along?
__________________
I'm in it to finish it.

My Cycling Blog
spingineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 06:08 PM   #6
tprevost
okay, maybe...
 
tprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesdog
Morgan Hill is pretty close by, just an exit or two down the freeway from my sister-in-law's house; she is off Yreba Buena. So, are you all planning a road ride then?

Sheldon

I'm guessing it will be a road ride....
__________________
Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...
tprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 06:09 PM   #7
tprevost
okay, maybe...
 
tprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spingineer
Can I tag along?
Of course
__________________
Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...
tprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 06:21 PM   #8
nesdog
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Conejo Valley, CA
Bikes: Domane 4.3
Posts: 2,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprevost
I'm guessing it will be a road ride....
Good, 'cause my one and only MTB ride ended with me laying on the ground, holding my wrist after getting launched. I mishandled the bike and skidded sideways down a single track, kaboom!

Well, if we decide to make the trip, I'll post it up. It would be fun to get together for a ride someplace new with everyone!

Sheldon
__________________
[insert clever quote here]
nesdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 07:48 PM   #9
spingineer
Spinning like a gerbel
 
spingineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Silicon Valley
Bikes: Seven
Posts: 7,951
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So what type of riding? Distance? Climbing?
__________________
I'm in it to finish it.

My Cycling Blog
spingineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 08:31 PM   #10
tprevost
okay, maybe...
 
tprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spingineer
So what type of riding? Distance? Climbing?
easy and flat ... okay, not really, but I'm not going to up for one of Sean's epic climbing adventures... so we'll either need it to be not 'killer' or it'll need to have a bailout point for me
__________________
Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...
tprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 11:38 PM   #11
spingineer
Spinning like a gerbel
 
spingineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Silicon Valley
Bikes: Seven
Posts: 7,951
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well I don't know Morgan Hill too well. I did a few rides around there, but mostly from someone else leading a ride through the bike path.

A nice, not so hilly route goes through Palo Alto to Woodside ... it's old hat for me, but maybe a nice one for out of towners.
__________________
I'm in it to finish it.

My Cycling Blog
spingineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 07:30 AM   #12
tprevost
okay, maybe...
 
tprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spingineer
Well I don't know Morgan Hill too well. I did a few rides around there, but mostly from someone else leading a ride through the bike path.

A nice, not so hilly route goes through Palo Alto to Woodside ... it's old hat for me, but maybe a nice one for out of towners.
I'm not an out of towner really, born and raised there... I am just not in shape for the hard stuff.... ME and Nesdog can handle anything you can dish out
__________________
Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...
tprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 07:51 AM   #13
nesdog
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Conejo Valley, CA
Bikes: Domane 4.3
Posts: 2,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprevost
I'm not an out of towner really, born and raised there... I am just not in shape for the hard stuff.... ME and Nesdog can handle anything you can dish out
Well almost anything! This trip to my SIL's is a bit problematic...she only has enough bedroom space for my wife and daughter. If I tag along, I get the floor, either directly with a sleeping bag or on an air mattress. It's not exactly my idea of a great Holiday weekend so this is still up for discussion.

Sheldon
__________________
[insert clever quote here]
nesdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 07:53 AM   #14
spingineer
Spinning like a gerbel
 
spingineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Silicon Valley
Bikes: Seven
Posts: 7,951
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprevost
I'm not an out of towner really, born and raised there... I am just not in shape for the hard stuff.... ME and Nesdog can handle anything you can dish out
Well, I still want to stay friends with them, so I won't give them the Old La Honda - Pescadero - Tunitas Creek loop ... they'll be cursing me as we're climbing.
__________________
I'm in it to finish it.

My Cycling Blog
spingineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 08:07 AM   #15
tprevost
okay, maybe...
 
tprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spingineer
Well, I still want to stay friends with them, so I won't give them the Old La Honda - Pescadero - Tunitas Creek loop ... they'll be cursing me as we're climbing.
that's usually the loop Sean wants to do we could also go do the reservoirs out of Almaden Valley, that's a nice ride as well...
__________________
Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...
tprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 08:08 AM   #16
tprevost
okay, maybe...
 
tprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesdog
Well almost anything! This trip to my SIL's is a bit problematic...she only has enough bedroom space for my wife and daughter. If I tag along, I get the floor, either directly with a sleeping bag or on an air mattress. It's not exactly my idea of a great Holiday weekend so this is still up for discussion.

Sheldon
Hotel?
__________________
Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...
tprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 08:23 AM   #17
spingineer
Spinning like a gerbel
 
spingineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Silicon Valley
Bikes: Seven
Posts: 7,951
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprevost
that's usually the loop Sean wants to do we could also go do the reservoirs out of Almaden Valley, that's a nice ride as well...
Tunitas Creek always kills me ... all that ride is climbing, climbing, climbing.

I have done a few rides around Almaden Valley, but not much. We did a ride one time from Almaden Valley to Morgan Hill, then up Henry Coe Park. I might even have some pics from that ride, but need to search.

Just wondering where they all want to ride. My preference is Portola Valley, but I'm game for anything.
__________________
I'm in it to finish it.

My Cycling Blog
spingineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 08:37 AM   #18
nesdog
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Conejo Valley, CA
Bikes: Domane 4.3
Posts: 2,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprevost
Hotel?
Not gonna go over real well with my wife! (though I did suggest it!)

Sheldon
__________________
[insert clever quote here]
nesdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 08:43 AM   #19
tprevost
okay, maybe...
 
tprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesdog
Not gonna go over real well with my wife! (though I did suggest it!)

Sheldon
lemme have a talk with her Seriously though, you'd think she'd understand that request if you're gonna have to sleep on the floor!
__________________
Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...
tprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 09:20 AM   #20
BigSean
Senior Member
 
BigSean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nor-Cal Bay Area
Bikes:
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprevost
easy and flat ... okay, not really, but I'm not going to up for one of Sean's epic climbing adventures... so we'll either need it to be not 'killer' or it'll need to have a bailout point for me
We are doing a metric. And yes you are woman, no sandbagging this time.
BigSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 09:22 AM   #21
BigSean
Senior Member
 
BigSean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nor-Cal Bay Area
Bikes:
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spingineer
Well, I still want to stay friends with them, so I won't give them the Old La Honda - Pescadero - Tunitas Creek loop ... they'll be cursing me as we're climbing.

That is the exact loop we will be doing. Tracy can shoot straight down 84 and meet us at the store. That loop is not hard, Its too pretty to be a hard ride.
BigSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 09:39 AM   #22
tprevost
okay, maybe...
 
tprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSean
That is the exact loop we will be doing. Tracy can shoot straight down 84 and meet us at the store. That loop is not hard, Its too pretty to be a hard ride.
... like I said... as long as I have a bailout point!
__________________
Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...
tprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 09:41 AM   #23
BigSean
Senior Member
 
BigSean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nor-Cal Bay Area
Bikes:
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprevost
... like I said... as long as I have a bailout point!

No problem. There is a bailout right at the top of Tunitas Creek, its called Kings Mt Rd.
BigSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 09:47 AM   #24
tprevost
okay, maybe...
 
tprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSean
No problem. There is a bailout right at the top of Tunitas Creek, its called Kings Mt Rd.
you are such a meanie!!!!! ... do you have a route slip for this Sean?
__________________
Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...
tprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 09:49 AM   #25
BigSean
Senior Member
 
BigSean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nor-Cal Bay Area
Bikes:
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprevost
you are such a meanie!!!!! ... do you have a route slip for this Sean?

Yepers. Ill go find it, give me a minute.
BigSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:15 PM.