Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 530
  1. #26
    Spinning like a gerbel spingineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    My Bikes
    Seven
    Posts
    7,947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ConstantRider
    Last year it did go straight down 84. Then up Tunitas Creek and down Kings. At that point, most of the climbing was over, but there was one more additional small climb somewhere in Palo Alto en route to Los Altos -- I think it may have been part of Page Mill. Then it was back to Bay Meadows via Alameda de les Pulgas (I think) or maybe Foothill part of the way, Canada, and then Crystal Springs.

    Old La Honda and Tunitas were the two major climbs. The thing I remember most -- other than the endlessness of Tunitas Creek -- were the climate changes. It was foggy, blustery, and gray in Pescadero, and in the 90s by the time we were climbing that hill in Palo Alto.
    Was the climb in Palo Alto Altimont?
    I'm in it to finish it.

    My Cycling Blog

  2. #27
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bay Meadows -> Crystal Springs -> Canada - > Whiskey Hill -> Sand Hill -> Foot Hill -> Alpine -> Portola Valley -> OLH -> 84 -> Stage Rd -> Highway 1 -> Tunitas Creek -> Kings Mountain -> Portola Valley -> Alpine -> Arastradero -> Page Mill -> Moody -> Stanford? -> Foothill -> Sand Hill ->Whiskey Hill -> Canada -> Crystal Springs -> Bay Meadows -> Whew! Totally fun.

  3. #28
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's what I just got... sounds like what I just read

    2007 Proposed Giro 100 Mile Route
    Start at Bay Meadows Race Track
    TURN STREET COMMENTS
    LEFT 25th ave
    RIGHT Palm ave
    LEFT 20th ave
    RIGHT Alameda
    LEFT Crystal Springs Rd
    RIGHT Crystal Springs Rd
    LEFT Skyline Blvd
    LEFT Hwy 92
    RIGHT Canada Rd
    Edgewood Road REST STOP
    RIGHT Woodside Road
    Hwy 84
    ACROSS Skyline Blvd
    CONTINUE La Honda Rd (Hwy 84) (food, toilets, phone to the right)
    RIGHT Stage Rd REST STOP (closes at 11:00am)
    RIGHT Hwy 1
    RIGHT Tunitas Creek Rd
    Straight Cross Skyline, descend Kings Mtn Rd WATER STOP
    RIGHT Tripp Rd (toilets, phone)
    RIGHT Woodside Road
    LEFT Portola Rd **Use CAUTION at turn**
    RIGHT Sand Hill Rd
    Portola Valley Fire Station REST STOP (closes at 3:00pm)
    LEFT Alpine Rd
    RIGHT Arastradero Rd
    RIGHT Page Mill Rd
    LEFT Altamont
    LEFT Moody Rd
    RIGHT Elena/El Monte
    LEFT Foothill
    RIGHT Hillview Exit (VA Hospital)
    RIGHT Miranda Rd
    LEFT Warehouse Entrance/Building 50 REST STOP
    RIGHT Miranda Rd (Closes at 3:30)
    MERGE Foothill
    RIGHT Campus Dr - WEST Do Not turn on Campus Dr. EAST
    LEFT Stock Farm Rd
    LEFT Sand Hill Rd
    RIGHT Whiskey Hill Rd
    LEFT Woodside Road
    RIGHT Canada Rd
    Edgewood Road REST STOP (closes at 4:00pm)
    LEFT Hwy 92
    RIGHT Skyline Blvd **Caution -- Road Work, uneven pavement**
    RIGHT Crystal Springs Rd
    LEFT Crystal Springs Rd
    RIGHT Alameda
    LEFT 20th ave
    RIGHT Palm ave
    LEFT 25th ave
    RIGHT Delaware Follow signs to race track infield
    Congrats!...Lunch served on race track infield until 5pm

    RULES OF THE ROAD, PLEASE READ FOR YOUR SAFETY

    1. Wear your helmet at all times while riding
    2. Obey all traffic signals and stop signs. Warnng: you may be ticketed if yo don't comply.
    3. Ride single file.
    4. Use hand signals when turning or stopping. Point out road hazards to others.
    5. Pass other cyclists or pedestrians on the left with a friendly "hello" or "on your left".
    6. Wave vigorously to attract a SAG wagon's attention if needed. Be visible.
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  4. #29
    Spinning like a gerbel spingineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    My Bikes
    Seven
    Posts
    7,947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh, they're not doing OLH this year. Damn ... I don't like the idea of climbing 84 out of Woodside. Hopefully, the car traffic won't be too bad.
    I'm in it to finish it.

    My Cycling Blog

  5. #30
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spingineer
    Ooh, they're not doing OLH this year. Damn ... I don't like the idea of climbing 84 out of Woodside. Hopefully, the car traffic won't be too bad.
    or they'll have some sort of controls...
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  6. #31
    New Commuter briank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    My Bikes
    2006 Marin Lucas Valley Compact, 2010 Specialized TriCross
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only did metric century last year.
    Whats the difference between a Metirc Century and a Century? 1/2 the distance?

  7. #32
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briank
    Whats the difference between a Metirc Century and a Century? 1/2 the distance?
    metric century is technically 62 miles (some are more, some are less) and the full century is 100... if you do the ride you did saturday every weekend and continue your commuting, you can do 100 at the end of June... just a matter of pacing yourself! (of course you realized how many people are sitting at their computers cracking up right now that I'm saying this stuff!)
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  8. #33
    New Commuter briank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    My Bikes
    2006 Marin Lucas Valley Compact, 2010 Specialized TriCross
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am probably in!! Sounds like fun..
    Not sure the course yet, guess it depends on my training and confidence next month. Maybe the 30K or the 70K?

  9. #34
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briank
    I am probably in!! Sounds like fun..
    Not sure the course yet, guess it depends on my training and confidence next month. Maybe the 30K or the 70K?
    Oh no ya don't! You can at least do the 100k.... its a little longer than what you did saturday but with substantially less climbing... gotta challenge yourself
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  10. #35
    New Commuter briank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    My Bikes
    2006 Marin Lucas Valley Compact, 2010 Specialized TriCross
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no ya don't! You can at least do the 100k.... its a little longer than what you did saturday but with substantially less climbing... gotta challenge yourself
    Hehehe, Okie dokie!! Thanks for the recomendation..I'll try it..

  11. #36
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briank
    Hehehe, Okie dokie!! Thanks for the recomendation..I'll try it..
    YEAH!!!! Then have your wife meet us all afterwards for dinner and we're good to go
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  12. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spingineer
    Was the climb in Palo Alto Altimont?
    That was probably it. I remember it was just after riding through some kind of park or preserve, where I briefly kept pace with a small red fox who was trotting down the road. When he saw me on his tail, though, he dialed it up to 400 and dropped me...

  13. #38
    Eschew Obfuscation SesameCrunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    My Bikes
    2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder
    Posts
    3,843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spingineer
    Ooh, they're not doing OLH this year. Damn ... I don't like the idea of climbing 84 out of Woodside. Hopefully, the car traffic won't be too bad.
    If they don't have traffic control, it'll be awful... What the heck is wrong with climbing Old La Honda? So much more serene.

  14. #39
    New Commuter briank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    My Bikes
    2006 Marin Lucas Valley Compact, 2010 Specialized TriCross
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YEAH!!!! Then have your wife meet us all afterwards for dinner and we're good to go
    Sounds like a plan!!!!
    I will have to wear my elastic shorts for the dinner afterwards, (expanding).

  15. #40
    Senior Member BigSean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nor-Cal Bay Area
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briank
    I am probably in!! Sounds like fun..
    Not sure the course yet, guess it depends on my training and confidence next month. Maybe the 30K or the 70K?

    You just did 100k, your in for the 100 miles. Piece of cake.

  16. #41
    Eschew Obfuscation SesameCrunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    My Bikes
    2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder
    Posts
    3,843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSean
    You just did 100k, your in for the 100 miles. Piece of cake.
    Plus he'll have a new bike and clipless pedals and spandex outfit. He should do some extra miles.

  17. #42
    Senior Member BigSean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nor-Cal Bay Area
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SesameCrunch
    Plus he'll have a new bike and clipless pedals and spandex outfit. He should do some extra miles.

    Ive got a LOOK KG381 that he needs to test ride.

  18. #43
    Spinning like a gerbel spingineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    My Bikes
    Seven
    Posts
    7,947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briank
    Sounds like a plan!!!!
    I will have to wear my elastic shorts for the dinner afterwards, (expanding).
    Uh oh ... now you're in trouble Brian. Get Tracy and the wife together ...
    I'm in it to finish it.

    My Cycling Blog

  19. #44
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    here's what I just got... sounds like what I just read

    2007 Proposed Giro 100 Mile Route
    Start at Bay Meadows Race Track
    TURN STREET COMMENTS
    LEFT 25th ave
    RIGHT Palm ave
    LEFT 20th ave
    RIGHT Alameda
    LEFT Crystal Springs Rd
    RIGHT Crystal Springs Rd
    LEFT Skyline Blvd
    LEFT Hwy 92
    RIGHT Canada Rd
    Edgewood Road REST STOP
    RIGHT Woodside Road
    Hwy 84
    ACROSS Skyline Blvd
    CONTINUE La Honda Rd (Hwy 84) (food, toilets, phone to the right)
    RIGHT Stage Rd REST STOP (closes at 11:00am)
    RIGHT Hwy 1
    RIGHT Tunitas Creek Rd
    Straight Cross Skyline, descend Kings Mtn Rd WATER STOP
    RIGHT Tripp Rd (toilets, phone)
    RIGHT Woodside Road
    LEFT Portola Rd **Use CAUTION at turn**
    RIGHT Sand Hill Rd
    Portola Valley Fire Station REST STOP (closes at 3:00pm)
    LEFT Alpine Rd
    RIGHT Arastradero Rd
    RIGHT Page Mill Rd
    LEFT Altamont
    LEFT Moody Rd
    RIGHT Elena/El Monte
    LEFT Foothill
    RIGHT Hillview Exit (VA Hospital)
    RIGHT Miranda Rd
    LEFT Warehouse Entrance/Building 50 REST STOP
    RIGHT Miranda Rd (Closes at 3:30)
    MERGE Foothill
    RIGHT Campus Dr - WEST Do Not turn on Campus Dr. EAST
    LEFT Stock Farm Rd
    LEFT Sand Hill Rd
    RIGHT Whiskey Hill Rd
    LEFT Woodside Road
    RIGHT Canada Rd
    Edgewood Road REST STOP (closes at 4:00pm)
    LEFT Hwy 92
    RIGHT Skyline Blvd **Caution -- Road Work, uneven pavement**
    RIGHT Crystal Springs Rd
    LEFT Crystal Springs Rd
    RIGHT Alameda
    LEFT 20th ave
    RIGHT Palm ave
    LEFT 25th ave
    RIGHT Delaware Follow signs to race track infield
    Congrats!...Lunch served on race track infield until 5pm

    RULES OF THE ROAD, PLEASE READ FOR YOUR SAFETY

    1. Wear your helmet at all times while riding
    2. Obey all traffic signals and stop signs. Warnng: you may be ticketed if yo don't comply.
    3. Ride single file.
    4. Use hand signals when turning or stopping. Point out road hazards to others.
    5. Pass other cyclists or pedestrians on the left with a friendly "hello" or "on your left".
    6. Wave vigorously to attract a SAG wagon's attention if needed. Be visible.
    Is this the 100K or 100mi route?

  20. #45
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlastRadius
    Is this the 100K or 100mi route?
    I think its the 100 miler...
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  21. #46
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spingineer
    Uh oh ... now you're in trouble Brian. Get Tracy and the wife together ...
    shhhhhh.....
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  22. #47
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSean
    Ive got a LOOK KG381 that he needs to test ride.
    its probably a teesy bit large for him Sean
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  23. #48
    Senior Member BigSean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nor-Cal Bay Area
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    its probably a teesy bit large for him Sean

    Im not so sure, its too small for me.

  24. #49
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSean
    Im not so sure, its too small for me.
    yes but its probably not so small for you that it would fit him....
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  25. #50
    Senior Member BigSean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nor-Cal Bay Area
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    yes but its probably not so small for you that it would fit him....

    Depend on his height. It is pretty darn small. It was different sizing on these model.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •