Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    bay area cycling teams

    will be moving to sn mateo or san bruno early next year and i am going to join a cycling team for the first time. what are the big active competitive cycling teams in the area?
    looking for a team based in sf or san jose. or somewhere in between

  2. #2
    100 kW :) ifox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    '08 Specialized Tarmac SL2
    Posts
    401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AltoVelo
    San Jose Bicycle club

  3. #3
    ES&D t4mv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Roadieville, USA
    My Bikes
    3Rensho, Merlin XL, Melton custom, Michael Johnson tandem, Look 481SL, Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    1,368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pen Velo

  4. #4
    Senior Member BigSean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nor-Cal Bay Area
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I belong to Los Gatos Bicycle Racing Club.
    Great club, not as huge as two of the other groups listed
    but alot of history in the area.

    You can check em out at lgbrc.org

  5. #5
    Senior Moment Member Gee3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Daly City, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Elite Double & a nude Bottecchia CF build
    Posts
    1,352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSean View Post
    I belong to Los Gatos Bicycle Racing Club.
    Great club, not as huge as two of the other groups listed
    but alot of history in the area.

    You can check em out at lgbrc.org
    +1 - I'm not a member but when I did a climbing and descending clinic earlier this year I met Lisa Hern and some others from the LGBRC and they were very cool. Matt McNamara is also a very cool/knowledgeable coach. He led the group and was very easy going. I really liked the vibe of the club. If I didn't live in Daly City and the "boss" was more agreeable than I'd love to have joined them.

    BigSean - were you at the first Climbing and Descending clinic ealier this year? I was the Asian guy in the grey Allez bike with Carbonello stickers on it. I dropped off on the way up to Montebello because I was cramping like crazy!
    This day will be over... one of these days!

    "I have cancer, cancer doesn't have me."
    Quote from a Kaiser commercial that reminds me of my mom.

  6. #6
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adripped View Post
    will be moving to sn mateo or san bruno early next year and i am going to join a cycling team for the first time. what are the big active competitive cycling teams in the area?
    looking for a team based in sf or san jose. or somewhere in between
    I was looking at joining PenVelo since they're pretty close. I'm in San Bruno too.
    I haven't joined them on group ride yet. Maybe tomorrow AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member BigSean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nor-Cal Bay Area
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee3 View Post
    +1 - I'm not a member but when I did a climbing and descending clinic earlier this year I met Lisa Hern and some others from the LGBRC and they were very cool. Matt McNamara is also a very cool/knowledgeable coach. He led the group and was very easy going. I really liked the vibe of the club. If I didn't live in Daly City and the "boss" was more agreeable than I'd love to have joined them.

    BigSean - were you at the first Climbing and Descending clinic ealier this year? I was the Asian guy in the grey Allez bike with Carbonello stickers on it. I dropped off on the way up to Montebello because I was cramping like crazy!
    Nope, I recently joined the club. I have been doing the saturday training rides. Usually the group that meets in Los Altos has a decent turnout. On sundays they have a no drop social ride from the same area and is open to visitors. All the members have been great. The are very encouraging and willing to help. There are members from all over the peninsula. The meetings are in Sunnyvale, and the majority of Rides meet in Los Altos.

    Tomorrow Im heading out to the velodrome to give that a whirl. Should be fun. Sunday is one of our club races.

  8. #8
    Senior Moment Member Gee3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Daly City, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Elite Double & a nude Bottecchia CF build
    Posts
    1,352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSean View Post
    Nope, I recently joined the club. I have been doing the saturday training rides. Usually the group that meets in Los Altos has a decent turnout. On sundays they have a no drop social ride from the same area and is open to visitors. All the members have been great. The are very encouraging and willing to help. There are members from all over the peninsula. The meetings are in Sunnyvale, and the majority of Rides meet in Los Altos.

    Tomorrow Im heading out to the velodrome to give that a whirl. Should be fun. Sunday is one of our club races.

    Cool! I was invited to go on the social ride a while back but I never found the time to join... family obligations. But now that I've commited to doing the Waves to Wine ride I've been able to get on the bike a little more.

    Hope to see you guys on a NorCal ride again soon!
    This day will be over... one of these days!

    "I have cancer, cancer doesn't have me."
    Quote from a Kaiser commercial that reminds me of my mom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •