Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Ride interest thread 8/18 SAT updated w/ time and place

    nevermind, got roped into working sat morning.
    Last edited by jinws; 08-17-07 at 05:31 PM. Reason: update

  2. #2
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll likely be riding in the early AM, 7am (or so) depart. When do you usually head out?

  3. #3
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlastRadius View Post
    I'll likely be riding in the early AM, 7am (or so) depart. When do you usually head out?
    I usually head out around noon or later, pending on how much drinking was done the night before. But I much rather ride this weekend, been itching for a long ride for awhile now.

    will you be heading out from san bruno?

  4. #4
    Pepperoni Power ROJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oaklandish
    Posts
    1,665
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably doing Alpine Dam that day. Have a great ride.

  5. #5
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jinws View Post
    I usually head out around noon or later, pending on how much drinking was done the night before. But I much rather ride this weekend, been itching for a long ride for awhile now.

    will you be heading out from san bruno?
    I usually ride from my house in San Bruno, but if there's anyone that wants to pick up their BFNorCal Jersey, I can drive to say Canada/92 to start the ride. In fact, maybe if we start at 8:00am we could join the PenVelo no-drop ride this week.

  6. #6
    Eschew Obfuscation SesameCrunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    My Bikes
    2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder
    Posts
    3,843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlastRadius View Post
    I usually ride from my house in San Bruno, but if there's anyone that wants to pick up their BFNorCal Jersey, I can drive to say Canada/92 to start the ride. In fact, maybe if we start at 8:00am we could join the PenVelo no-drop ride this week.
    That's very tempting. Let me see if I can work that one out....

  7. #7
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlastRadius View Post
    I usually ride from my house in San Bruno, but if there's anyone that wants to pick up their BFNorCal Jersey, I can drive to say Canada/92 to start the ride. In fact, maybe if we start at 8:00am we could join the PenVelo no-drop ride this week.
    that sounds good, let me see if I can smooch a ride from one of my friends. I tell ya, losing your license sucks! But yea, so I've never ridden in a gourp of more than 7 before so I hope it's not one of those rides where people are inches from your wheel and gets mad at every little thing you do.

  8. #8
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. Sounds like a plan.

  9. #9
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so does anyone have any other info on this sat morning ride? distance, end time?

    I'm trying to convience my friend from SF to ride.

  10. #10
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we decide to stick with the PenVelo re-group ride, it starts at 8:15 at Canada/92.
    Sounds pretty reasonable distance wise.

    http://www.peninsulavelo.org/secondary/rides.html
    http://www.peninsulavelo.org/secondary/calendar.html

  11. #11
    Blissketeer HokuLoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,310
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also interested in this ride but the site provides little description for visiting non-locals. Anyone ride the route and have more detailed info (both on the route and on the pace)? Much appreciated!

  12. #12
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, so after begging for rides, and hearing "too early", "too far" it is not possible for me to get to 92 and Canada by 8am. Instead I will be meeting some friends at the Palo Alto train station at 8:30 am. A friend of mine will be taking us on one of her usual routes.

    Something about
    university-camino-sandhill-alpine-OLH-84
    WOLH-35
    then 84 back or 92 back or page mill back

    not sure the exact route, but I was told there are lots of options and it's fun. the ride will finish in Downtown Palo Alto with a nice late lunch and a glass of wine/cup of coffee. Sorry, but it's really hard to get around without a license. so if anyone is still interested, meet us at the train station. let me know so we can meeting up/wait for everyone.

  13. #13
    Eschew Obfuscation SesameCrunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    My Bikes
    2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder
    Posts
    3,843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jinws View Post
    ok, so after begging for rides, and hearing "too early", "too far" it is not possible for me to get to 92 and Canada by 8am. Instead I will be meeting some friends at the Palo Alto train station at 8:30 am. A friend of mine will be taking us on one of her usual routes.

    Something about
    university-camino-sandhill-alpine-OLH-84
    WOLH-35
    then 84 back or 92 back or page mill back

    not sure the exact route, but I was told there are lots of options and it's fun. the ride will finish in Downtown Palo Alto with a nice late lunch and a glass of wine/cup of coffee. Sorry, but it's really hard to get around without a license. so if anyone is still interested, meet us at the train station. let me know so we can meeting up/wait for everyone.
    If you haven't done that route before, you're sure to enjoy it!

  14. #14
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, so it's set. 8:30 at the Palo Alto train station. so far we have 4, maybe 5 coming.

    I'll be on a black bike, no decals. red arrogant ******* jersey.

    if you guys are interested, see you there.

  15. #15
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anyone that needs their jersey delivered?
    If not, I'm heading out for an earlier start (gotta get be for family time).

  16. #16
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlastRadius View Post
    Is there anyone that needs their jersey delivered?
    If not, I'm heading out for an earlier start (gotta get be for family time).
    I don't think anyone I'm riding with ordered any. Thanks though. hopefully I'll ride with some of you soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •