Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 898
  1. #176
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful.

  2. #177
    Senior Member redspoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Room 237 at the Overlook Hotel
    My Bikes
    Hyphy-Trek
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x136 View Post
    Beautiful.
    +100 and x1,000

  3. #178
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new ride. still waiting for a DEDA 100 (*** metal) Stem and new tires.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Baby

    The Other Woman

    Tony Tang 1982 - 2008 R.I.P

  4. #179
    Mo No steelblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    fog city, CA
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx, Klein Q-pro, Klein Rascal, Joe Breezer
    Posts
    351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jinws View Post
    new ride. still waiting for a DEDA 100 (*** metal) Stem and new tires.
    Nice Build jinws. I like your choice of components, especially the Red group and the crank. There are three Bott CF bikes that I know of now, along with Gee3's. Anyone else? I have not start my build yet, no time. What headset did you use? Gee3 has the Cane Creek IS2 and he was concerned because there is about a 1mm gap between the upper bearings and the cap on his.

  5. #180
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Life is better with a red spoke!

  6. #181
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblue View Post
    Nice Build jinws. I like your choice of components, especially the Red group and the crank. There are three Bott CF bikes that I know of now, along with Gee3's. Anyone else? I have not start my build yet, no time. What headset did you use? Gee3 has the Cane Creek IS2 and he was concerned because there is about a 1mm gap between the upper bearings and the cap on his.
    I'm using the IS2, there is a gap, and from what I've read in other posts, it is normal. In fact, the gap is designed in by CC. My build was inspired by a BF member in NorCal. I forgot is SN but his real name is Ramon, great climber. He's got the frame with Campy and Ksyrium ES.
    My Baby

    The Other Woman

    Tony Tang 1982 - 2008 R.I.P

  7. #182
    back of the autobus jobob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Union City, CA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230, Rivendell Bleriot
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jinws View Post
    I forgot is SN but his real name is Ramon, great climber.
    Do you mean Bostic (the guy whose post is right above yours ) ?

  8. #183
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Do you mean Bostic (the guy whose post is right above yours ) ?
    Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure. I'm really bad with names.
    My Baby

    The Other Woman

    Tony Tang 1982 - 2008 R.I.P

  9. #184
    Senior Member alainp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SF East Bay
    My Bikes
    '07 Look 585 Ultra, '07 Trek Madone SL 5.2, '06 Marin Pine Mountain MTB, '94 Everest Altitude MTB
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet looking ride, Jin. What I find funny is the one crutch in the background next to the snowboard... like it's a given you're gonna hurt yourself

  10. #185
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alainp View Post
    Sweet looking ride, Jin. What I find funny is the one crutch in the background next to the snowboard... like it's a given you're gonna hurt yourself
    lol, after the second set, I figure might as well keep one around, I'll need it.
    My Baby

    The Other Woman

    Tony Tang 1982 - 2008 R.I.P

  11. #186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stellar build. You'll need to bring it on the next BF ride so I can see the SRAM Red in person. After seeing Norman's Pedal Force RS 50cm, I had to buy one. I might still be on a Trek 5200 if it were not for this website.

  12. #187
    Senior Member redspoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Room 237 at the Overlook Hotel
    My Bikes
    Hyphy-Trek
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostic View Post
    Life is better with a red spoke!

  13. #188
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you get the bike with a "hyperspace" button instead of the "easy" button?

  14. #189
    Mo No steelblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    fog city, CA
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx, Klein Q-pro, Klein Rascal, Joe Breezer
    Posts
    351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlastRadius View Post
    Can you get the bike with a "hyperspace" button instead of the "easy" button?
    Try this site.

    http://www.purelycustom.com/c-36-hea...ps-screws.aspx

  15. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to organize a Team ADK group ride. I want to see an impressive fleet of Bott/RS frames taking over. It would make for a great picture as well with the bikes lined up.

  16. #191
    Mo No steelblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    fog city, CA
    My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx, Klein Q-pro, Klein Rascal, Joe Breezer
    Posts
    351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostic View Post
    We need to organize a Team ADK group ride. I want to see an impressive fleet of Bott/RS frames taking over. It would make for a great picture as well with the bikes lined up.
    I'll bring my frame.

  17. #192
    Banned. mazpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Side
    My Bikes
    Tirreno Razza 900, Trek 750
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JINWS, Isn't the rear brake cable a little too high? Shouldn't it be a straight smooth line the the brake housing? It bumps up a little and you may touch it when pedalling, of course with your left leg.


    I could be wrong, but just asking as I had a bike with cables like that and would drive me crazy when pedalling.

  18. #193
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazpr View Post
    JINWS, Isn't the rear brake cable a little too high? Shouldn't it be a straight smooth line the the brake housing? It bumps up a little and you may touch it when pedalling, of course with your left leg.


    I could be wrong, but just asking as I had a bike with cables like that and would drive me crazy when pedalling.
    yea, it's def. a little higher than it can be. so far it hasn't touched my leg, or at least I haven't noticed. I added a couple extra housing for purely cosmetic reasons. I thought the line looked better parallel to the stays going into the brakes.
    My Baby

    The Other Woman

    Tony Tang 1982 - 2008 R.I.P

  19. #194
    Senior Member 7rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    My Bikes
    1990 Bianchi Grizzly, 1999 Seven Sola, 2002 Specialized Allez Comp, 2004 Bianchi Axis, 2005 Madone SL 5.2
    Posts
    913
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jobob, yes, please more pics when that gorgeous Rivendell is finished!
    1999 Seven Sola
    2004 Bianchi Axis
    2005 Trek Madone 5.2 SL
    2006 Merlin Works CR 3/2.5
    2009 Kona Ute

  20. #195
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all parts are in. the last piece of the puzzle will be some new KCNC skewers. should be released by the end of this month.


    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jinws; 03-16-08 at 12:18 PM.

  21. #196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pedal Force RS Fleet at break. My 53cm and Norman's 50cm. Campagnolo Chorus throughout. Cell phone camera so not totally focused. Another rider rode up with one of the 12 days of xmas group buy ADK frames as well.


  22. #197
    Senior Member sweetnsourbkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, CA
    My Bikes
    Look 585, Co-Motion Periscope 700
    Posts
    949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sick!

  23. #198
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jinws View Post
    all parts are in. the last piece of the puzzle will be some new KCNC skewers. should be released by the end of this month.
    Wow! You really pulled out all the stops on this build!

  24. #199
    one good leg jinws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF <--> SJ
    Posts
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostic View Post
    Wow! You really pulled out all the stops on this build!
    Thanks. I'm taking my co-workers' advice. Get everything I want before I get married. But yea, now I just need to work on the engine.

  25. #200
    Dolce far niente bigbossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    10,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my daughter outgrows her 48cm Battaglin, I now have this 50cm Tommasini waiting in the garage. Oh yeah - daddy got a new frame today, too. A little reward for being such a good dad.



    "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin, itís the triumphant twang of a bedspring."

    S. J. Perelman

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •