Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

Northern California Northern California

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-07, 11:21 PM   #1
cccorlew
Erect member since 1953
Thread Starter
 
cccorlew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Antioch, CA (SF Bay Area)
Bikes: Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Ti Century Elite turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
Posts: 6,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
BF NorCal bibs

I bought medium NorCal bibs. They look great, the quality is fine, but the legs are too short for me.
Anyone else has issues with them, or is it just me?

On a related note, I'd be willing to part with these once-worn and laundered bibs for very little $. PM me.
cccorlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 11:38 PM   #2
taxi777
Wheres my snuggie?
 
taxi777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco
Bikes:
Posts: 3,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccorlew View Post
I bought medium NorCal bibs. They look great, the quality is fine, but the legs are too short for me.
Anyone else has issues with them, or is it just me?

On a related note, I'd be willing to part with these once-worn and laundered bibs for very little $. PM me.
Absolutely, I have that weird tan line and white skin and shorts. You have to keep pulling them down.
Oh well off to the tanning booth I have an expensive pair of Liquigas bib shorts the same thing. I think part of the problem with both bibs is the suspenders are too short. The shirt fits great.
Pete
taxi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 05:42 PM   #3
UmneyDurak
RacingBear
 
UmneyDurak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NorCal
Bikes:
Posts: 8,576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Yeah same here. I think it's general problem with CS. Don't really like to wear them, look really goofy they are so short.
UmneyDurak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 06:54 PM   #4
cccorlew
Erect member since 1953
Thread Starter
 
cccorlew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Antioch, CA (SF Bay Area)
Bikes: Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Ti Century Elite turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
Posts: 6,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hummm. After reading taxi777's comment I wonder if indeed it's just the straps that are so short thy pull 'em up too much.
I think I'll try taking them to the local cleaner who employees a seamstress and see if I can have her add a bit of fabric to those darn straps.
Unless someone here is medium and even shorter than I am....(5'7")
cccorlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 08:10 PM   #5
taxi777
Wheres my snuggie?
 
taxi777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco
Bikes:
Posts: 3,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccorlew View Post
Hummm. After reading taxi777's comment I wonder if indeed it's just the straps that are so short thy pull 'em up too much.
I think I'll try taking them to the local cleaner who employees a seamstress and see if I can have her add a bit of fabric to those darn straps.
Unless someone here is medium and even shorter than I am....(5'7")
Hey You guys, I just measured the shorts from the inseam, on the the Nor cal and my best fitting Health Net which are great quality. the Inseams we're exactlly the same lenth so It must be the straps.
Pete
taxi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 08:31 PM   #6
cccorlew
Erect member since 1953
Thread Starter
 
cccorlew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Antioch, CA (SF Bay Area)
Bikes: Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Ti Century Elite turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
Posts: 6,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi777 View Post
Hey You guys, I just measured the shorts from the inseam, on the the Nor cal and my best fitting Health Net which are great quality. the Inseams we're exactlly the same lenth so It must be the straps.
Pete
Good news. Perhaps a fix is possible!
Ya know, those things are made in Asia. I wonder if it's just a height thing?
cccorlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 09:06 PM   #7
Gee3
Senior Moment Member
 
Gee3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Daly City, CA
Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite Double & 2008 Look 555
Posts: 1,354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccorlew View Post
Good news. Perhaps a fix is possible!
Ya know, those things are made in Asia. I wonder if it's just a height thing?

So what are ya tryin' to say?!?!
Gee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 09:56 PM   #8
Ty.S
Shameless Fred
 
Ty.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose
Bikes: 07' Trek 2100 / 05' Trek Fuel 80
Posts: 533
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was gonna ask about your bibs curtis, but I'm 5'11" and a med, so I'm pretty sure I'd have a problem similar to you.
Ty.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 10:06 PM   #9
cccorlew
Erect member since 1953
Thread Starter
 
cccorlew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Antioch, CA (SF Bay Area)
Bikes: Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Ti Century Elite turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
Posts: 6,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty.S View Post
I was gonna ask about your bibs curtis, but I'm 5'11" and a med, so I'm pretty sure I'd have a problem similar to you.
These bibs would HURT you. You'd never stand up straight again.... so to speak.
cccorlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 11:49 PM   #10
taxi777
Wheres my snuggie?
 
taxi777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco
Bikes:
Posts: 3,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccorlew View Post
These bibs would HURT you. You'd never stand up straight again.... so to speak.
I'm 6.0 and I stood up straight just fine but my voice suddenly got higher!
taxi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:04 PM.