Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Bikes: 2006 Cannondale Synapse carbon 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Highway one and Sir Francis Drake have no shoulders and can get busy although traffic might be okay on a Friday. Fairfax-Bolinas Road is closed between Fairfax and Ridgecrest Blvd which is too bad because that would be a good way to do a loop but cut off some of the busier stretches of road.
Here are some ideas you might use to try to make a new loop:
* Start in SF and ride north across the Golden Gate Bridge and then head west on Conzelman road and do that loop through the Marin Headlands and then come back into Sausalito
* Take highway 1 all the way past Stinson Beach and hang a right on Fairfax-Bolinas road and take this up to Ridgecrest. Turn right.
* Follow Ridgecrest and bear left to go up to Mt. Tam.
* When descending from Tam bear left again on Pan Toll and then left on Panoramic Highway
* Take this all the way to Highway 1 and turn left again
I tired for about half an hour to map this out for you but google maps is totally !@#%*@ up for that area when it comes to the routing of roads. Maybe it thinks some of the roads are one way or something?
Anyway I think the above route would be around 60 miles and a little bit better traffic wise. Have a good ride whatever route you take