I'm hoping my buddy doesn't read this, as he does occasionally frequent this forum as well, but we're planning a bachelor party for the guy and needed some ideas from the knowledgeable folks here.
We'd like to do a two-day bike tour at a very beginner level (as my friend and I are the only semi-serious cyclists in the group of around 8-10 people). Here are some of the parameters:
- Saturday/Sunday around late Feb, early March
- Probably under 100 miles total for the two days
- Locations preferably within 100 miles of the SF Bay Area
- Reasonably flat
- Paved roads/trails preferred, as not all of us have MTBs available
- Not too much car traffic, beginners probably wouldn't feel comfortable around busy streets
Other than that, we haven't planned much yet. We were thinking some sort of destination riding could be in order, with either packed lunches or a stop at a restaurant along the way. We just plan to get a decent motel room for the night before heading out again the next day.
I'm not very familiar with popular long distance riding areas around here or in the Vicinity (Monterey, Carmel, Napa, etc...) so I thought I'd come to the greatest cycling resource that I know of.
I would greatly appreciate any trip advice/insight you guys could provide!