Join Date: Nov 2006
Bikes: 2001 Trek OCLV, 1986 Trek 560 Reynolds 531c
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From the Sacramento Bee
Here's a quick look at road closures and parking recommendations for the Amgen Tour of California professional cycling race, set for Feb. 14 in downtown and midtown Sacramento:
* Beginning at 8 p.m. on Feb. 13, 10th Street will be closed from K Street to N Street and L Street will be closed from 9th Street to 13th Street.
* Starting at 11 a.m. on Feb. 14, streets will be closed from 6th to 9th streets and from L to N Streets.
* At 1 p.m., the entire course -- roughly from 4th Street to 19th Street, between L and N Streets, will be closed.
* Street closures are scheduled to end at 4 p.m., except for Capitol Mall between 8th and 9th Streets.
* From Interstate 5: Tower Bridge Parking Garage (135 Neasham Circle), Surface Parking Lot X (201 N Street), the Old Sacramento Parking Garage (200 I Street) or one of three Downtown Plaza Parking Garages: Central (414 J Street), East (597 L Street) or West (325 L Sreet).
* From Capital City Freeway or Highway 50: Memorial Parking Garage (805 14th Street).
Note: The starting line in on Capitol Mall near 8th Street; the finish is at 11th and L streets.