Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Two wheels is two wheels pelikan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brisbane, CA
    My Bikes
    Pee Wee Herman Special
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    100 Miles of nowhere

    http://www.fatcyclist.com/2009/04/23...es-of-nowhere/

    Just signed up, anybody else? Good cause, great shwag.

    btw, I'll be doing closer to 25 miles on my rollers.

  2. #2
    Wheres my snuggie? taxi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,068
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan View Post
    http://www.fatcyclist.com/2009/04/23...es-of-nowhere/

    Just signed up, anybody else? Good cause, great shwag.

    btw, I'll be doing closer to 25 miles on my rollers.
    I might do that on the fixed gear for ALC8 training...great idea

  3. #3
    Direct Hit Not Required BlastRadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Galileo, Bianchi Alloro, Guerciotti Cross Force, Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could all meet at Pelikans with our rollers or trainers and do the 100 miles there.

    Let's here it now, 1hundo2nowhere party at Pelikan's.

  4. #4
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not do it somewhere scenic? Drag a bunch of rollers and trainers up to the top of Diablo or Hamilton and ride a hundred miles in the parking lot there!

    Or maybe just out in a field somewhere. That'd be a sight.

  5. #5
    Two wheels is two wheels pelikan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brisbane, CA
    My Bikes
    Pee Wee Herman Special
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of trying to see if any other SF Folk wanted to meet up at GGP, Polo Fields or something.

  6. #6
    Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Antioch, CA (SF Bay Area)
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Posts
    6,563
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x136 View Post
    Why not do it somewhere scenic? Drag a bunch of rollers and trainers up to the top of Diablo or Hamilton and ride a hundred miles in the parking lot there!

    Or maybe just out in a field somewhere. That'd be a sight.
    If you take your roller or trainer and put it on a cart, then run a pulley from to the wheels, you could move around while you spin! It would be so cool, like a mobile-stationary bike. Then you could ride it up Diablo, instead of just spinning up on top. I'll bet coming down would be fun too!
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com

  7. #7
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cccorlew View Post
    If you take your roller or trainer and put it on a cart, then run a pulley from to the wheels, you could move around while you spin! It would be so cool, like a mobile-stationary bike. Then you could ride it up Diablo, instead of just spinning up on top. I'll bet coming down would be fun too!
    It'd be like another level of complication on top of this!


  8. #8
    crazy bike girl msincredible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    CA Central Coast
    My Bikes
    '07 Orbea Onix, '07 Birdy Yellow, '06 Cannondale Bad Boy (stolen)
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I have a 3.2 mile, 850' loop right by my house. If I do that 31 times in a row it will be a 26000' century!
    Countries I've ridden in: US, Canada, Ireland, UK, Germany, Netherlands, France, China, Singapore, Malaysia
    States I've ridden in: Illinois, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, California, Nevada, Missouri, Colorado

  9. #9
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msincredible View Post
    Hmm, I have a 3.2 mile, 850' loop right by my house. If I do that 31 times in a row it will be a 26000' century!
    Aaaaaaand... *looks at watch* ... GO!

  10. #10
    Two wheels is two wheels pelikan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brisbane, CA
    My Bikes
    Pee Wee Herman Special
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow is last day to sign up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •