I was looking over my stats for the year, and realized I have to ramp up the riding!
In my stats, I am not including insignificant commute trips to the caltrain or grocery stores (short/flat), but I do include odd-ball errands that actually have some decent distance/elevation.
So far as of today (8/3), my 2009 year to date is at:
distance: 2,429 miles
elevation (climbing): 218,473 feet
Interesting to also look at the stats in a graph. Here is my distance by month... August is OK, since it is only a couple of days in
But you can see:
- February into March: My back was messed up, took a break.
- April: Training for and then doing Devil Mountain Double
- End of June, early July: Wedding/Honeymoon
My best month was April:
- 513 miles
- 45,916 feet of climbing
My goal is to try and match that for August!
I remember my beginning of year goals were something like:
- 5000 miles and 500,000 feet (see current stats above)
- sub 20 OLH (err.. haven't tried in a while, so still the same 21:20 or whatever).
- sub 60 min Diablo (65 min on a ride with Chris, Michael, Eric and Donald, maybe in Oct I'll get it...)
- Everest Challenge on the Tandem (still unknown if we will try this).
The Triple Crown idea did not come until a couple months into the year, on a Marin ride with Ruth, Pete and Ramon. We were wolfing down some food at Pt. Reyes St.
Well Ruthie and I did that one.
How is everyone's year going? We are 7-months in, and it would be cool to hear how everyone is doing.