Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sunday Flat, easy ride?

    Weather looks outstanding for Sunday. And since I'm limited to flats and easy pace due to recvent surgery, I thought it might be fun to get together for an easy, laid back style ride. I'm thinking 30-60 miles, maybe in the delta area. I'll have to see what I can dig up for routes. Also, I'm open to suggestions for a route.

    Rolling pace around 15.

    Anyone interested?
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  2. #2
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how I would pull it off but I may be interested in a 30 miler... I could probably hold 15 on the flats for that mileage.... if you did a longer route, I'd just need to have a shortcut or early turnaround ...
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  3. #3
    team autobus loopybunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    northern california
    My Bikes
    2009 Trek 1.5; 2009 Trek 6000; 1995 Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer... might be a little fast for me to keep up at that distance.

    I was going to suggest checking out the Delta "Century" routes (I found them on Map My Ride), but they're either longer or shorter. Also, I think the metric and regular century include a ferry crossing. Maybe the Giro d'Vino routes.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopybunny View Post
    Bummer... might be a little fast for me to keep up at that distance.

    I was going to suggest checking out the Delta "Century" routes (I found them on Map My Ride), but they're either longer or shorter. Also, I think the metric and regular century include a ferry crossing. Maybe the Giro d'Vino routes.
    This will be a "laid back" ride. That means no one gets dropped/left behind. Come along! I think I have a 50 mile route in the Delta. I'll check tomorrow. It includes a ferry ride :-). Roads are pretty lightly traveled too.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  5. #5
    team autobus loopybunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    northern california
    My Bikes
    2009 Trek 1.5; 2009 Trek 6000; 1995 Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll consider it. The weather is supposed to be nice down here on Sunday, I assume the same goes for a bit up north. Really hoping the wind goes away though because either way, I need to ride. I'm getting twitchy just thinking about it.

    What time are you thinking about starting?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Around 9. That'll give it a little time to warm up. If I remember right, the route I have is about 54 miles and goes from Clarksburg to Rio Linda and back. I recall a doughnut shop or something in Rio Linda that we stopped at last time for lunch. I'll see if I can turn it up tomorrow.

    A friend of mine is sending me some other routes in that area. So there will be a few options. I'll post 'em up tomorrow.
    Last edited by JoelS; 03-09-10 at 09:03 PM.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  7. #7
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll decide whether I can go hopefully tomorrow... I'll still probably need to keep my ride around 30 but it sure would be nice to meet you! Maybe VMC can ride 1/2 and I'll ride 1/2 (Kids w/us this weekend so only 1 adult can ride at a time

    Loopy Bunny... these guys are always too fast for me... I figure with Joel on the mend, this might be my one chance... you should go too!!!
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha! I know what you mean about the kids. My wife and I take turns too. She rides on Sat and I generally get Sunday. This Sunday will only be about 3 1/2 weeks out from my operation. And I've had about a month off before last Friday. I'm definitely way down in the fitness department. And I really want to get away from the bike trail. I'm stuck on that during the week, so I'm looking forward to some other scenery!

    Whatever ride we come up with, I'm sure we can find a shorter option for you.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  9. #9
    team autobus loopybunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    northern california
    My Bikes
    2009 Trek 1.5; 2009 Trek 6000; 1995 Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost View Post
    I'll decide whether I can go hopefully tomorrow... I'll still probably need to keep my ride around 30 but it sure would be nice to meet you! Maybe VMC can ride 1/2 and I'll ride 1/2 (Kids w/us this weekend so only 1 adult can ride at a time

    Loopy Bunny... these guys are always too fast for me... I figure with Joel on the mend, this might be my one chance... you should go too!!!
    Are you planning on going? I think I want to. Never gone 50 miles so I'm not sure I can, but if it's an out and back perhaps if you're doing only 30, I can head back with you if I'm not feeling it. However, I like the idea of having people with me if I'm attempting longer than 30 miles.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoelS View Post
    Around 9. That'll give it a little time to warm up. If I remember right, the route I have is about 54 miles and goes from Clarksburg to Rio Linda and back. I recall a doughnut shop or something in Rio Linda that we stopped at last time for lunch. I'll see if I can turn it up tomorrow.

    A friend of mine is sending me some other routes in that area. So there will be a few options. I'll post 'em up tomorrow.
    You mean Rio Vista, right?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopybunny View Post

    You mean Rio Vista, right?
    Yeah, I do. I've only lived in the area about 6 years. Still clueless about the geography.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  11. #11
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopybunny View Post
    Are you planning on going? I think I want to. Never gone 50 miles so I'm not sure I can, but if it's an out and back perhaps if you're doing only 30, I can head back with you if I'm not feeling it. However, I like the idea of having people with me if I'm attempting longer than 30 miles.
    Yes, I'm planning to go... VMC will sag and/or switch out w/me if its too long for me... we can bring the extra rack in case you'd like a SAG as well

    So Joel, I will need easy directions to the start as we aren't from around there and I have no idea where I'm going
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost View Post
    Yes, I'm planning to go... VMC will sag and/or switch out w/me if its too long for me... we can bring the extra rack in case you'd like a SAG as well

    So Joel, I will need easy directions to the start as we aren't from around there and I have no idea where I'm going
    Once we come up with a route, directions will be easy.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  13. #13
    Senior Member redspoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Room 237 at the Overlook Hotel
    My Bikes
    Hyphy-Trek
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife talked me into doing the Shamrock'n half marathon which is this Sunday... Bummer. Good thing is, I plan to never run again (rainy Januarys always make me go to the darkside) and Sunday and it's DST!!! Bring it on!

    Oh, and look at the "what did you buy" thread to see all of the stuff I am looking forward to breaking-in... Yowza!

    Have fun y'all.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are 2 different options for the Delta. I have no preference. The first link is a little shorter than the 2nd, and is more of a loop with less backtracking.

    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/40035
    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/40044
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  15. #15
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote for the shorter route, but it doesn't really matter since I'll have a SAG
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  16. #16
    Senior Member nachomc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    My Bikes
    Epic and Tarmac
    Posts
    1,259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redspoke View Post
    My wife talked me into doing the Shamrock'n half marathon which is this Sunday... Bummer. Good thing is, I plan to never run again (rainy Januarys always make me go to the darkside) and Sunday and it's DST!!! Bring it on!

    Oh, and look at the "what did you buy" thread to see all of the stuff I am looking forward to breaking-in... Yowza!

    Have fun y'all.
    Get some drinks and brunch after the marathon down at de Vere's: www.deverespub.com/events_calendar.php
    cleanspokes

    29 inches to freedom.

  17. #17
    team autobus loopybunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    northern california
    My Bikes
    2009 Trek 1.5; 2009 Trek 6000; 1995 Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelS View Post
    Here are 2 different options for the Delta. I have no preference. The first link is a little shorter than the 2nd, and is more of a loop with less backtracking.

    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/40035
    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/40044
    I think I like the look of the first one better. I don't think that elevation is accurate though.

    These roads are decent enough?

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopybunny View Post
    I think I like the look of the first one better. I don't think that elevation is accurate though.

    These roads are decent enough?
    They're generally ok, though not great. First one it is. We'll meet at that school parking lot at 9. Looking forward to it! Now I need to print a cue sheet and figure out directions.

    Directions to ride start from Sac.
    5 S
    Exit 504, Hood Franklin Rd 14.2 mi
    L on Hood Franklin Rd
    School on Left, 1.2 mi.

    Franklin Elem School
    Last edited by JoelS; 03-10-10 at 07:38 PM.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  19. #19
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still 9am?
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost View Post
    still 9am?
    Yup. See ya then! I figure we should be done around noon, 12:30 or so.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  21. #21
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm counting on you NOT to kill me!
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost View Post
    I'm counting on you NOT to kill me!
    I'll do my best! I'll be counting on you to let me know if the pace is too high.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  23. #23
    team autobus loopybunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    northern california
    My Bikes
    2009 Trek 1.5; 2009 Trek 6000; 1995 Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost View Post
    I'm counting on you NOT to kill me!
    Agreed!

    That is if I can manage to get my butt out of bed and up there by 9 am. I'm cold just thinking about it.

  24. #24
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelS View Post
    I'll do my best! I'll be counting on you to let me know if the pace is too high.
    If I turn purple, you're going too fast k?
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  25. #25
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopybunny View Post
    Agreed!

    That is if I can manage to get my butt out of bed and up there by 9 am. I'm cold just thinking about it.
    you'd better show up! Otherwise I'm gonna think you're a figment of our imagination!
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •