Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

Northern California Northern California

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-10, 11:55 PM   #1
HIPCHIP
Lance Legweak
Thread Starter
 
HIPCHIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Woodland, California, USA
Bikes: Felt Z-70, GT RTS-2
Posts: 820
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garnae shoe sales in Sac area?

Anybody know of a LBS in the Woodland/Davis/Sacramento area that sells Garnae road shoes? I'd like to try some on but can't seem to locate any shops in my area that sells them.

Thanks in advance.
:**
HIPCHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 12:02 AM   #2
x136 
phony collective progress
 
x136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Hoosey
Bikes: http://velospace.org/user/36663
Posts: 2,981
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks like BTI carries them. So any shop that has a BTI account can order them for you.

[edit: BTI lists Bicycle Business, Bike Chef, Mike's Bikes, and City Bike Works as all being account holders, and they're all in Sacramento.]
__________________
x136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 10:33 AM   #3
HIPCHIP
Lance Legweak
Thread Starter
 
HIPCHIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Woodland, California, USA
Bikes: Felt Z-70, GT RTS-2
Posts: 820
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x136 View Post
Looks like BTI carries them. So any shop that has a BTI account can order them for you.

[edit: BTI lists Bicycle Business, Bike Chef, Mike's Bikes, and City Bike Works as all being account holders, and they're all in Sacramento.]
Thanks for the info. Problem is, I understand their size is different than others, so wanted to try them on instead of playing the back and forth mailing to finally find the right size.
HIPCHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 11:51 AM   #4
HIPCHIP
Lance Legweak
Thread Starter
 
HIPCHIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Woodland, California, USA
Bikes: Felt Z-70, GT RTS-2
Posts: 820
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPCHIP View Post
Thanks for the info. Problem is, I understand their size is different than others, so wanted to try them on instead of playing the back and forth mailing to finally find the right size.
I went to the Dealer Locator site on their page, and this page is WAY out of date. Some shops don't exist, some have different names (and don't sell Garnae), and some don't even sell shoes. But it does give me some shops to check.

Who'da thunk it would be so hard to find a set of shoes? Murphy's law....I have a cousin who's last name is Murphy.....so I'm related to Murphy!!!
HIPCHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 12:13 AM   #5
Rushfan
Senior Member
 
Rushfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Woodland, CA, USA
Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Pro
Posts: 637
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x136 View Post
Looks like BTI carries them. So any shop that has a BTI account can order them for you.

[edit: BTI lists Bicycle Business, Bike Chef, Mike's Bikes, and City Bike Works as all being account holders, and they're all in Sacramento.]
City Bike Works is having a big sale, just got a flyer. Mike's Bikes is huge. Both worth trying. And it's Louis Garneau, I believe. I think Wheelworks might have Garneau, so if you want to stay in Yolo County, try them.
Rushfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 09:31 AM   #6
HIPCHIP
Lance Legweak
Thread Starter
 
HIPCHIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Woodland, California, USA
Bikes: Felt Z-70, GT RTS-2
Posts: 820
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushfan View Post
City Bike Works is having a big sale, just got a flyer. Mike's Bikes is huge. Both worth trying. And it's Louis Garneau, I believe. I think Wheelworks might have Garneau, so if you want to stay in Yolo County, try them.

Garneau is different from Garnae, unfortunately. I even looked at my old MX boots to double check. Most of the shops can get them, but most don't have in shop. Cost is $350, so not a lot of shops carry them, but I'll check the ones you listed to see what they have.
Thanks
HIPCHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 02:01 PM   #7
redspoke
Senior Member
 
redspoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Room 237 at the Overlook Hotel
Bikes: Hyphy-Trek
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPCHIP View Post
Garneau is different from Garnae, unfortunately. I even looked at my old MX boots to double check. Most of the shops can get them, but most don't have in shop. Cost is $350, so not a lot of shops carry them, but I'll check the ones you listed to see what they have.
Thanks
When you wrote Garnae a second time I figured it wasn't a spelling thing...
BTW--- I asked Bruce at Kinetic about Garneau shoes. He doesn't carry them.
redspoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 12:51 PM   #8
rydaddy
Type 1 Racer
 
rydaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Davis, CA
Bikes: A dozen or so.
Posts: 2,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HIP, if you're still looking for Garnae, check out Ikon Cycles in downtown Sac. I just came back from there and Adrian is having a few different sizes (in mountain and road) shipped over for me to try. They should be here by Tuesday and no strings attached if they don't work out.
rydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:17 AM.