Tandem Mountain Climber
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Mateo, CA
Bikes: Calfee Tandem, Custom CAAD9 BB30, 90 Santana Arriva Tandem, 02 CAAD4 errand bike, 87 Cannondale "Black Lightning"
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
90 mile tough ride this Saturday (8/14)
Anyone down for this ride with Ruthie and I (riding the tandem)?
We will probably not be extremely fast (for the racers out there), but will maintain a pretty good pace.
There will be no stopping once we hit Page Mill except for re-groups (top of climbs/ bottom of descents) and a brief but relaxing lunch stop in Pescadero.
We can pickup others at whatever meeting points are convenient along the route (Woodside, Page Mill, etc).
The stats are for the ride to/from our house, so YMMV, depending on where you start
Distance: 91 miles
Climbing: 8,315 feet
Here is the route:
- Up Parrot and Bunker Hill (steep, but Crystal Springs will be closed soon, must get used to it)
- Canada to Woodside
- Mtn Home/Portola/Alpine/Arastradero to Page Mill
- Up Page Mill
- Down W. Alipine
- Up and over Haskins
- Lunch in Pescadero
- North on Stage
- North on HWY 1
- Up/Down Lobitos Creek (fun back road, intersects Tunitas just prior to steep middle section).
- Up Tunitas
- Up Star Hill/Swett (adds a kicker to the end of Tunitas)
- North on Skyline
- Down 92
- 35/Ticonderoga/Polhemus/Crystal Springs back to San Mateo
Of course many of you will head down Kings/84/etc back to the South Bay, once we finish Tunitas/Star Hill/Swett.
Any takers? If so, what kind of start time would you need?
Last edited by uspspro; 08-12-10 at 12:50 PM.