Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 60
  1. #26
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    I ride a pistachio green and black Orbea Diva, and was sporting a Team Precision jersey. I was riding hill repeats and if we passed I wouldn't know it as we've not met and I don't know what you look like.

    Sorry I missed you.
    I know you've never seen me. I wasn't expecting you to know what I look like. I was just curious if either of the two women I saw on Cantelow was you. From your description, no.

    I will be sure to let you know when I go down there again. Gates Canyon will be the next climb in that area.

  2. #27
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    859
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostic View Post
    I still need to tackle Mix and Gates. It's a long drive up from San Jose though. Congrats on completing such a hard climb!
    No problem, just sign up for Knoxville Double next year. Both climbs start a few miles from the start/finish location. Maybe tackle one at the start, the other at the finish

  3. #28
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like our ride is now starting at 9 AM (good!), so DiabloScott might have a better chance of seeing us I'll be riding a blue and white Specialized Dolce Triple road bike. I'll be wearing a plain white T-shirt with the GoPro "Chesty" chest strap mount and a ContourHD camera on my helmet.

  4. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Moraga, CA
    My Bikes
    2008 Cervelo RS, 2011 Scott CR1 Elite, 2014 Volagi Liscio
    Posts
    1,690
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freight,

    You seem to be in love with the steeps. Here's one for you. It's short - 3 miles, it averages 8% and the last half mile is at 15%.

    http://app.strava.com/segments/610501

  5. #30
    Senior Member budkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Vallejo, SF Bay Area
    My Bikes
    2013 Velovie Vitesse 400
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! I wanna ride mix canyon now...
    The Stable:
    2013 Velovie Vitesse 400
    2007 Pedalforce RS

  6. #31
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboCheme View Post
    Freight,

    You seem to be in love with the steeps. Here's one for you. It's short - 3 miles, it averages 8% and the last half mile is at 15%.

    http://app.strava.com/segments/610501
    Thanks for the link! I will keep that one in mind if I ever end up down there .

  7. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Near Sacramento
    Posts
    4,872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops, wrong thread.
    -------

    Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

  8. #33
    Senior Member joe@vwvortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Vacaville, CA
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Blur LT, Kestrel Evoke, Co-Motion Speedster Tandem
    Posts
    485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2003 - when we had the Solano Bicycle Classic - there was a 7.7 mile time trial which ended at the top of Mix Canyon. Here's the top two finishers and their time.

    1. Jonathan Vaughters, Prime Alliance, at 0:33:27

    2. Chris Horner, Saturn, s.t.

    Link to Velo News article
    Administrator and Contributing Editor - Vortex Media Group

  9. #34
    Senior Member curbtender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SF Bay Area, East bay
    My Bikes
    Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Schwinn Speedster, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina
    Posts
    2,932
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  10. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is Mix ?

    You folks are impressive and daunting to a new rider. But I like it !!!

    FWIW hills start at my gate, but I haven't tackled anything greater that 350 feet.

    You go up what, 2,000 ???

    Ouch.

    Nice shot of the bird also

    Mention is made of Iowa Hill and Silver fork.

    I used to kayak the North Fork/Iowa Hill etc.

    "Different strokes", literally.

    Followed the links - now I see. Very impressive. Have you ever been out to Loomis/Newcastle/Auburn ? I checked and my ego - killing climb is mostly 7-9% and tops out at about 11% for under 1/2 mile.
    Last edited by Totoboa; 11-05-12 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Duh

  11. #36
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joe@vwvortex View Post
    In 2003 - when we had the Solano Bicycle Classic - there was a 7.7 mile time trial which ended at the top of Mix Canyon. Here's the top two finishers and their time.

    1. Jonathan Vaughters, Prime Alliance, at 0:33:27

    2. Chris Horner, Saturn, s.t.

    Link to Velo News article
    Nice! I would love to see raw POV video footage from another cyclist doing that climb. Talk about inspiring!

    Quote Originally Posted by Totoboa View Post
    Where is Mix ?

    You folks are impressive and daunting to a new rider. But I like it !!!

    FWIW hills start at my gate, but I haven't tackled anything greater that 350 feet.

    You go up what, 2,000 ???

    Ouch.

    Nice shot of the bird also

    Mention is made of Iowa Hill and Silver fork.

    I used to kayak the North Fork/Iowa Hill etc.

    "Different strokes", literally.

    Followed the links - now I see. Very impressive. Have you ever been out to Loomis/Newcastle/Auburn ? I checked and my ego - killing climb is mostly 7-9% and tops out at about 11% for under 1/2 mile.
    Look at the map in the Garmin Connect link I posted in my OP. You don't need to be logged in to see all the data like you do on Strava. Mix is off of Pleasants Valley Road near Vacaville.

    I did Iowa Hill Road again on the 14th of last month. Here's video of the climb and descent. I got an unintentional QOM on the descent. Too bad it wasn't on the climb!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGYNZ_QEQO4


    I did Silver Fork Road in September of last year. Here's video. Be forewarned, the heavy breathing in this one is much more audible due to the more sensitive microphone on the Kodak Playsport I was using back then.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esNZxZz53wc


    I ride in the Loomis/Newcastle/Auburn area often. I have quite a few videos of those rides here: http://www.youtube.com/user/cyclingfun2. I am always looking for new tough climbs. This weekend, there is a possibility I will be climbing Mix and Gates Canyon. If not, King Ridge is another possibility. The WAV Riders will be riding down there on the 10th.

  12. #37
    Senior Member joe@vwvortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Vacaville, CA
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Blur LT, Kestrel Evoke, Co-Motion Speedster Tandem
    Posts
    485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    This weekend, there is a possibility I will be climbing Mix and Gates Canyon. If not, King Ridge is another possibility. The WAV Riders will be riding down there on the 10th.
    Gates is not paved for a good section of the road - but becomes paved again and in fact - quite nicely paved as you get higher in elevation. The unpaved sections are rideable but are not in good shape. If you take a MTB - you can climb Gates - then ride the dirt road on the ridge and descend down Mix. Lots of locals do that or the reverse. When you are on the top of Gates - if you look west - that is Suisun/Gordon Valley and to the east - Pleasants Valley.

    You do know who Jonathon Vaughters and Chris Horner are - right?
    Administrator and Contributing Editor - Vortex Media Group

  13. #38
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joe@vwvortex View Post
    Gates is not paved for a good section of the road - but becomes paved again and in fact - quite nicely paved as you get higher in elevation. The unpaved sections are rideable but are not in good shape. If you take a MTB - you can climb Gates - then ride the dirt road on the ridge and descend down Mix. Lots of locals do that or the reverse. When you are on the top of Gates - if you look west - that is Suisun/Gordon Valley and to the east - Pleasants Valley.

    You do know who Jonathon Vaughters and Chris Horner are - right?
    I forgot about that unpaved section. I read about it on the Tough Ascent blog. I wonder if it's even safe to descend that section on my road bike with 700x25c tires? I had enough trouble climbing a steep, rough dirt road on the same bike back in April. Here's video of that climb, Mt. Murphy Road in Coloma (caution heavy breathing!).

    http://vimeo.com/39815183


    Yes, I know who Jonathan Vaughters and Chris Horner are. In fact, Jonathan has a blog that has some great climbing advice! I love these parts the best:

    Rule 1: Get on with it.

    Climbing mountains on a bike is not fun. So, to do it properly, you need to accept this fact and get on with it. I see so many people looking for that secret technique or training method that will make climbing painless and suffer-free. This will never happen. Training and techniques will make you suffer slightly faster up hills, not suffer any less. Climbing is painful, period. The sooner you just accept that and stop looking for ways around it, the better you will learn how to climb. Let the suffer-meter serve as your internal tachometer, letting you know how close to your limit you are. Accepting and really allowing yourself to feel that pain will make you a better rider. Trying to ignore it will distract you from the task at hand and make you ride slower.

    Rule 2: Don’t be self-conscious.

    Suffering isn’t pretty. It isn’t meant to be. If you are going about your business of climbing properly, you will be breathing like a water buffalo, sweating like a chain gang, and probably have snot dribbling off your chin. If this is not the case, you aren’t doing this correctly. Over the years I’ve ridden with so many people who are always worrying about breathing too hard in front of their buddy. You’re supposed to be in pain and you’re supposed to be breathing hard, I mean the harder you breath the more o2 you’ll get to your muscles, so let the image thing go, and get down and dirty with the hill. Anyway, if your buddy is two miles behind you, he can’t hear you breathing anymore, can he?

  14. #39
    Senior Member joe@vwvortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Vacaville, CA
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Blur LT, Kestrel Evoke, Co-Motion Speedster Tandem
    Posts
    485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's no worse than the gravely sections in that video but traction can be tough because its pretty steep in sections. As for descending - depends on how much faith you have in your descending skills.
    Administrator and Contributing Editor - Vortex Media Group

  15. #40
    West Coast Weenie Esteban58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA.
    My Bikes
    2013 Caletti, Trek 7500 fx
    Posts
    639
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post

    <snip>

    Rule 1: Get on with it.

    Climbing mountains on a bike is not fun. So, to do it properly, you need to accept this fact and get on with it. I see so many people looking for that secret technique or training method that will make climbing painless and suffer-free. This will never happen. Training and techniques will make you suffer slightly faster up hills, not suffer any less. Climbing is painful, period. The sooner you just accept that and stop looking for ways around it, the better you will learn how to climb. Let the suffer-meter serve as your internal tachometer, letting you know how close to your limit you are. Accepting and really allowing yourself to feel that pain will make you a better rider. Trying to ignore it will distract you from the task at hand and make you ride slower.

    Rule 2: Don’t be self-conscious.

    Suffering isn’t pretty. It isn’t meant to be. If you are going about your business of climbing properly, you will be breathing like a water buffalo, sweating like a chain gang, and probably have snot dribbling off your chin. If this is not the case, you aren’t doing this correctly. Over the years I’ve ridden with so many people who are always worrying about breathing too hard in front of their buddy. You’re supposed to be in pain and you’re supposed to be breathing hard, I mean the harder you breath the more o2 you’ll get to your muscles, so let the image thing go, and get down and dirty with the hill. Anyway, if your buddy is two miles behind you, he can’t hear you breathing anymore, can he?
    priceless.
    there is no signature.

  16. #41
    Portland Fred banerjek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    My Bikes
    Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid
    Posts
    10,506
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    Well, I finally got around to climbing Mix Canyon. I joined a women's cycling club that just so happened to have a ride up Mix/Cantelow today, so I drove down to Vacaville for some good old fashioned steep hill bliss!
    Holy smokes. I'm looking at this on my cell phone, but did I see your HR was pushing 190 for an hour?

  17. #42
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banerjek View Post
    Holy smokes. I'm looking at this on my cell phone, but did I see your HR was pushing 190 for an hour?
    Damn, you're right! I didn't notice that when I uploaded the data to Strava and Garmin Connect, but now that you mention it, when I go to the player page on Garmin Connect I can see all the high 180s to low 190s on the steepest part of the climb.

  18. #43
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I climbed Mix again yesterday with my riding partner Matthew. This was his first time on this climb. He has a Specialized S-Works with a 34-26 low gear. It is a great bike, but the gears weren't low enough for him to make it up the steepest parts without a bit of walking. This is a rider who loves double centuries with lots of climbing and is in excellent shape, but on Mix he finally met his match. He walked twice on the steepest parts for a few minutes at a time, but he rode the rest of the time.

    I was on my usual Specialized Dolce Triple with the mtb gearing (24-34 low gear). I was just as slow on those steep parts as I was last year, but I think I made it a little further this time before I had to shift from my second-lowest to the lowest gear. Even in those two gears I wasn't spinning. My cadence was low, and it reminded me of climbing Park Drive in Rocklin on my Specialized Langster 42x16 singlespeed, which is a beeyotch!

    http://app.strava.com/activities/49799827
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/300795618

    Here's video of our climbs. It alternates between my footage and Matthew's. Be forewarned, there is heavy breathing, a couple belches from me (second one is pretty loud!), and even a couple farts from Matthew. The sound on my camera sounded like a scrambled radio transmission for the entire ride, but you can still hear what's going on. This is the second time I've had an issue with the sound on my GoPro HD Hero 960 (first time was an entire mtb ride recorded with no sound). Unfortunately the camera is out of warranty so I'm SOL.

    You know this is a ridiculous climb when Matthew is breathing hard just pushing his bike up the hill!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGguuKWZko


    Here's a screenshot from Matthew's camera of me on the lower, easier part of the climb.



    Matthew with our bikes at the top of the climb



    Somebody dumped 3 or 4 old analog CRT TVs at the top. I guess they didn't realize that e-waste dropoff/pickup is "free" (what do you think that recycling fee on purchases of new TVs/laptops/computer monitors is for?).



    We took 40 minutes to descend, as we needed to stop several times to let our rims cool. During those stops we took photos. This was the first view shot. Our rims weren't hot yet, but I couldn't pass this one up.



    I told Matthew to follow me down and stop when I did. I'm really glad I did, as his rims were hotter than mine. On the first stop his front rim was so hot it could have burned your hand if you touched it too long. Here he is approaching me on the first cool-down stop.



    Here's Matthew standing on the steep switchback with all the graffiti on the guardrails and the road. The graffiti I posted pics of in my OP is gone, but there is more. The climbing after this section is brutal!



    There is a bunch of junk dumped over the side on this section. Can you spot the motorcycle?



    Here is another cool-down stop. This is the beginning of the prolonged steep climbing.




  19. #44
    blt
    blt is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmm. . . I'm pretty confident you're in better climbing shape than I am, and if you are grinding up stretches of Mix Canyon in 24-34, I'm not sure I can make it up in my 26-34. A lot lower than Matthew's 34-26, but still, I suspect I'd be walking up the steepest stretches like he did. Still, you're making me think that someday I've got to take my bike up to my sister's house in Vacaville and make the attempt.

  20. #45
    moth -----> flame Beaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    My Bikes
    11 CAAD 10-4, 07 Specialized Roubaix Comp, 98 Peugeot Horizon
    Posts
    5,908
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of these days I'll make it up to Mix - it does seem to have all the ingredients of an epic. I gotta ask though if your riding partner is OK with being outed as a cycling farter on the Internet?

  21. #46
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    He doesn't mind at all. In fact, he thinks it's as funny as I do . I used to edit out all my burps on climbs (I can't fart while riding for some reason), but now I don't care, as the posters on another forum find it funny as well. Some of them have also posted videos with a burp or two mid-ride.

  22. #47
    Senior Member volosong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Antelope Valley, SoCal
    Posts
    2,481
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    ...
    We took 40 minutes to descend, as we needed to stop several times to let our rims cool. During those stops we took photos. This was the first view shot. Our rims weren't hot yet, but I couldn't pass this one up.

    ...

    I told Matthew to follow me down and stop when I did. I'm really glad I did, as his rims were hotter than mine. On the first stop his front rim was so hot it could have burned your hand if you touched it too long. Here he is approaching me on the first cool-down stop...
    I'm a wuss on descents, mostly because at my age, (61), I am well aware of my mortality and that it takes a lot longer for the body to heal than when I was much younger.

    May I ask? How do you determine when you need to stop to let your rims cool? Do you "ride" your brakes down, or "pulse" them? What are the indicators that the rims are getting too hot?
    Deut 6:5

    ---

    "Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia'".
    - Vizzini during his "battle of wits" with the Man in Black

  23. #48
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volosong View Post
    May I ask? How do you determine when you need to stop to let your rims cool? Do you "ride" your brakes down, or "pulse" them? What are the indicators that the rims are getting too hot?
    I try to modulate, or "pulse" as you say. If the grade is 15% or more for a prolonged period on the way up, then I know to stop and check my rims after a couple minutes on the way down. I've never experienced a heat-induced blowout, which would be a sign that the rims are too hot. I don't know the other signs. Maybe brake fade?

  24. #49
    Senior Member volosong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Antelope Valley, SoCal
    Posts
    2,481
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    I try to modulate, or "pulse" as you say. If the grade is 15% or more for a prolonged period on the way up, then I know to stop and check my rims after a couple minutes on the way down. I've never experienced a heat-induced blowout, which would be a sign that the rims are too hot. I don't know the other signs. Maybe brake fade?
    Thanks, freight. I worry about this often. Then again, rarely am I on 15% grades. I also ride the hoods and "stand" as tall as I can in my seat to catch as much wind as I can. Don't ever ride the drops on descents anymore. Speed is not an attraction. In the past few years, I've actually achieved faster speeds in a powered "time trial" mode on the flats than on freewheel descents. (Myself? I "pulse", unless I can see a clear road at least a half-mile ahead, at which time I'll just let the bike have its head.)

    p.s. Beautiful pictures.
    Deut 6:5

    ---

    "Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia'".
    - Vizzini during his "battle of wits" with the Man in Black

  25. #50
    It's MY mountain DiabloScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mt.Diablo
    Posts
    5,481
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volosong View Post
    (Myself? I "pulse", unless I can see a clear road at least a half-mile ahead, at which time I'll just let the bike have its head.)
    The worst thing to do is ride the brakes at like half-force... the heat will just keep building up until you blow out. But the rims don't actually have much mass so they cool down pretty quickly when you let go of the brakes. So brake hard when you need to, but pulse on and off, front and back, and just be conscious of the heat factor and you'll probably be fine.

    I've only done this once, rear tire blew off with a really loud explosion and left a welt in my leg which just happened to be next to the spot that blew off. As soon as it happened, I knew exactly why it happened and kicked myself, but then without thinking I grabbed the rear wheel to pull it out of the dropouts and burned my fingers on the rim it was that hot.
    http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •