Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Northern California (http://www.bikeforums.net/northern-california/)
-   -   SJ Bike Party (http://www.bikeforums.net/northern-california/932520-sj-bike-party.html)

WeekKnees 02-02-14 03:37 PM

SJ Bike Party
 
Hi folks,

I attended my first San Jose Bike Party yesterday, had a great time meeting happy folks with great weather. Any chance some of you are here on bike forums?

http://www.strava.com/activities/110739570

kreeess 02-04-14 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeekKnees (Post 16462056)
Hi folks,

I attended my first San Jose Bike Party yesterday, had a great time meeting happy folks with great weather. Any chance some of you are here on bike forums?

http://www.strava.com/activities/110739570


I used to do SJBP when I still had my MASH Cinelli Fixed, but ive sold my bike since and havent really had time to come out at night anymore

kelsodeez 02-05-14 03:04 AM

i went to the halloween anniversary bike party a few years ago and it was a blast. BIKE PARTAYYYYY!!!!!

UmneyDurak 02-06-14 05:08 PM

I keep meaning to attend one. Just need to find my old lights, and for weather to be descent.

freighttraininguphill 02-06-14 10:31 PM

Too far away for that one, but we do have BikeParty Sacramento here on the first Friday of every month. Unfortunately it may get rained out tomorrow night :(

Here's my video of last month's ride. I record it every month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD75Igp50BY

Ours is piddly compared to East Bay Bike Party though. I went to that in May, June, and July of last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXEBRe12tyU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anzNLZkUufA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVv16BC6AjA

kreeess 02-07-14 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill (Post 16474699)
Too far away for that one, but we do have BikeParty Sacramento here on the first Friday of every month. Unfortunately it may get rained out tomorrow night :(

Here's my video of last month's ride. I record it every month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD75Igp50BY

Ours is piddly compared to East Bay Bike Party though. I went to that in May, June, and July of last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXEBRe12tyU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anzNLZkUufA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVv16BC6AjA

always enjoy your videos! didnt know you were local, how do you like those EB bike parties? I live at Hercules and have always wanted to attend them.

freighttraininguphill 02-07-14 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kreeess (Post 16475893)
always enjoy your videos! didnt know you were local, how do you like those EB bike parties? I live at Hercules and have always wanted to attend them.

Thanks :) EBBP is the best! There's probably 500-1,000 bikes in those videos I posted above. The rides are usually 12-16 miles long.

They have several music bikes, which you can hear in the videos. I always have to be careful when editing these videos due to YouTube's draconian copyright policies. Their auto-scanning "Content ID" system will flag the music and block it if you let a song play more than 20-30 seconds, depending on the song of course. Record labels have different policies for different artists and songs.

johntrev 02-07-14 10:41 PM

BIKE PARTY! I just went to my first SF Bike Party last month and had a great time. Aptly enough here in the city, the crowd had an urban biker feel to it- not a lot of fitness riders on pricey bikes- just people out to have fun on their bikes, whatever they happened to ride.

Sorry tonight's ride was rained out; I look forward to the next one.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:09 PM.