Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

Northern California Northern California

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-14, 03:37 PM   #1
WeekKnees
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Bikes:
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SJ Bike Party

Hi folks,

I attended my first San Jose Bike Party yesterday, had a great time meeting happy folks with great weather. Any chance some of you are here on bike forums?

http://www.strava.com/activities/110739570
WeekKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 09:54 AM   #2
kreeess
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hercules CA
Bikes: 12' Supersix 105 / some fixed gear
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekKnees View Post
Hi folks,

I attended my first San Jose Bike Party yesterday, had a great time meeting happy folks with great weather. Any chance some of you are here on bike forums?

http://www.strava.com/activities/110739570

I used to do SJBP when I still had my MASH Cinelli Fixed, but ive sold my bike since and havent really had time to come out at night anymore
kreeess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 03:04 AM   #3
kelsodeez
Senior Member
 
kelsodeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SF bay area
Bikes: are pretty cool
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i went to the halloween anniversary bike party a few years ago and it was a blast. BIKE PARTAYYYYY!!!!!
kelsodeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 05:08 PM   #4
UmneyDurak
RacingBear
 
UmneyDurak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NorCal
Bikes:
Posts: 8,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I keep meaning to attend one. Just need to find my old lights, and for weather to be descent.
UmneyDurak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 10:31 PM   #5
freighttraininguphill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Bikes:
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Too far away for that one, but we do have BikeParty Sacramento here on the first Friday of every month. Unfortunately it may get rained out tomorrow night

Here's my video of last month's ride. I record it every month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD75Igp50BY

Ours is piddly compared to East Bay Bike Party though. I went to that in May, June, and July of last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXEBRe12tyU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anzNLZkUufA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVv16BC6AjA
freighttraininguphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 11:33 AM   #6
kreeess
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hercules CA
Bikes: 12' Supersix 105 / some fixed gear
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
Too far away for that one, but we do have BikeParty Sacramento here on the first Friday of every month. Unfortunately it may get rained out tomorrow night

Here's my video of last month's ride. I record it every month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD75Igp50BY

Ours is piddly compared to East Bay Bike Party though. I went to that in May, June, and July of last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXEBRe12tyU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anzNLZkUufA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVv16BC6AjA
always enjoy your videos! didnt know you were local, how do you like those EB bike parties? I live at Hercules and have always wanted to attend them.
kreeess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 12:06 PM   #7
freighttraininguphill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Bikes:
Posts: 2,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeess View Post
always enjoy your videos! didnt know you were local, how do you like those EB bike parties? I live at Hercules and have always wanted to attend them.
Thanks EBBP is the best! There's probably 500-1,000 bikes in those videos I posted above. The rides are usually 12-16 miles long.

They have several music bikes, which you can hear in the videos. I always have to be careful when editing these videos due to YouTube's draconian copyright policies. Their auto-scanning "Content ID" system will flag the music and block it if you let a song play more than 20-30 seconds, depending on the song of course. Record labels have different policies for different artists and songs.
freighttraininguphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 10:41 PM   #8
johntrev
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: California
Bikes:
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BIKE PARTY! I just went to my first SF Bike Party last month and had a great time. Aptly enough here in the city, the crowd had an urban biker feel to it- not a lot of fitness riders on pricey bikes- just people out to have fun on their bikes, whatever they happened to ride.

Sorry tonight's ride was rained out; I look forward to the next one.
johntrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:30 PM.