Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Pacific Northwest (http://www.bikeforums.net/pacific-northwest/)
-   -   Pacific Nor'westers - Log in Here (http://www.bikeforums.net/pacific-northwest/222131-pacific-norwesters-log-here.html)

2wheeled 09-02-06 10:54 PM

Mill creek Clocking in here. The regional discussions section is a good idea.

gonesh9 09-03-06 05:59 PM

Just purchased my first home in NE Portland in the Montevilla neighborhood. 14 mile round trip commute to downtown has pretty much been most of my riding this summer since keeping up with a 100 year old house takes a lot of work. As evident from our last ride, I've gotta get in shape quick to get ready for cyclocross season!

capsicum 09-03-06 08:34 PM

BonneyLake, WA. East of Tacoma 15-20 miles on the southern edge of the Enumclaw/Buckley/Bonneylake/LakeTapps rootin' tootin' dually truck drivin', suv soccer mom, million dollar lake mansions dairy farms and vast trailer parks, often all mixed together, plateau.

Chisolm 09-03-06 09:40 PM

Live in PDX in the Sellwood/Moreland neighborhood (about 10 minutes southeast of downtown). Most of my rides are either on Skyline or down toward Oregon City on River Rd. Peregrine, I also commute each day past your house, but I am traveling out in the morning and back to town in the evening.

2thGrinder 09-03-06 09:52 PM

I live in Sherwood and work in Tigard. It's great being able to get together for rides!

gabelucas 09-04-06 04:59 PM

portlander
 
I just bought a Cannondale. Have never been a rider before, until moving up to Portland from San Francisco. I am a SERIOUS beginner. Have no idea what I am doing, but I love the idea of getting around on my bike. so yeah, that is it for the intro!


Gabriel

wild animals 09-04-06 05:33 PM

i live in scappoose, or. i've lived here for 9 or 10 years. it's nice, and there are awesome places to ride, but i never intended to stay this long! it's 25 minutes or so from st johns in N portland, where i grew up (and where i plan to return if it isn't overrun by yuppies when i finally have the dough).

bigskymacadam 09-05-06 02:46 PM

I'm in John's Landing two miles from Downtown. Short commute into work, but climbing Corbett right from the start gets the heart pumpin'

http://static.flickr.com/81/233487818_deac8e0e4d_m.jpg

trashalicious 09-06-06 11:10 PM

Seattle here, right in the middle of the city on Capitol Hill.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to be able to go for a ride without constantly planning for getting around the steepest parts of the hill. Definitely not tough enough (yet) to go over them indiscriminately.

Hardly any of my friends have bikes, so I'm always looking for people to go on bike rides with - but only if you're not so tough that you're going to leave me in the dust on those hills!

dmotoguy 09-06-06 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trashalicious
Seattle here, right in the middle of the city on Capitol Hill.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to be able to go for a ride without constantly planning for getting around the steepest parts of the hill. Definitely not tough enough (yet) to go over them indiscriminately.

Hardly any of my friends have bikes, so I'm always looking for people to go on bike rides with - but only if you're not so tough that you're going to leave me in the dust on those hills!


i was in seattle a few weeks ago and those hills going to capitol hill from the waterfront are crazy!! saw a few fixies on them.. tough ! id be scared of them

trashalicious 09-06-06 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmotoguy
i was in seattle a few weeks ago and those hills going to capitol hill from the waterfront are crazy!! saw a few fixies on them.. tough ! id be scared of them

Seriously. There are definitely routes that minimize the hills (going straight up from downtown around First Hill/Madison street area is the worst, going further north to Olive is what I usually do) but not completely. I'm always sooo jealous when I see someone on a fixie just go for it straight up. I want to build a fixie but I dunno....

quatrecats 09-06-06 11:59 PM

Eastern Washington
 
Pullman/Moscow here--live in Pullman, commute to the great state of Idaho, where I am employed...

babaluey 09-07-06 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlowerBlossom
Three's a charm....Olympia, WA.

More accurately, I work in Seattle (rent an apt to avoid commuting from Olympia each day) 4 days a week, work at home in Olympia 1 day per week. Commute by bike when in Seattle.

Four's a ... um, well I'm not sure, but anyway I make four from Olympia. Live at Swantown Marina, work at Ecology on Martin way - 6.6 miles via the bike trail.

msviolin57 09-07-06 10:31 PM

I live and work in Vancouver, WA.

donnamb 09-07-06 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quatrecats
Pullman/Moscow here--live in Pullman, commute to the great state of Idaho, where I am employed...

How's that new stop sign/red light law working out for you?

Deanoldo 09-08-06 09:19 AM

My address is Vancouver but I'm actually in a no-mans-land between Vancouver and Camas known as Fisher's Landing....... I alternate between dirt and road, been doing dirt lately.... Gotta switch back to road though so I can justify a new bike to the wifey.

Dean

Captain OMA 09-08-06 05:31 PM

live in Seattle's Mt Baker neighborhood & commute into downtown

quatrecats 09-08-06 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamb
How's that new stop sign/red light law working out for you?

hmmmm--is that a jab for living in the lovely boonies? Are you talking ID or WA law--they are soooo different.

stringbreaker 09-08-06 10:41 PM

Sumner wa. between Auburn and Puyallup if you know where that is you really know this area. I get to ride the interurban and the foothills trails. Just started commuting this summer. Love my bike

donnamb 09-09-06 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quatrecats
hmmmm--is that a jab for living in the lovely boonies? Are you talking ID or WA law--they are soooo different.

No jab intended. The new ID stop sign/red light law is the topic of at least one weekly dinner conversation in my house (all cyclists & many of the dinner guests too).

khuon 09-09-06 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamb
No jab intended. The new ID stop sign/red light law is the topic of at least one weekly dinner conversation in my house (all cyclists & many of the dinner guests too).

Hmmm... I confess to being ignorant of some new stopsign law. Would you care to summarise?

quatrecats 09-09-06 08:25 AM

Please enlighten me, too--I know not of the laws you speak---is anyone else out there deterred even the least little bit by all of this smoke? Idaho is burning......

Maelstrom 09-09-06 10:49 AM

I am from Whistler bc. Little further north than some of you might be used to but I tend to have a lot of kindred spirits in WA.

Dogbait 09-09-06 10:50 AM

Idaho Stop sign Law

No smoke for the past few days since the wind shifted but we had it here last week from the fires in Dayton, WA.

Patriot 09-09-06 11:12 AM

Ok, I'll check in from the little hole in the wall we call Port Orchard, WA.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:57 AM.