I've got a few pugsley Q's for pugsley owners. Joe1946, I hope you see this!
1) I know I need an E-type derailleur. What I dont know is top pull or bottom pull, and top swing or bottom swing. (and if anyone would like to mention the differences between TP, BP, TS, BS, please do).
2) Joe1946, do you keep your big apples on the SnoCat rims on all the time? (and have a second set of Large Marge's for your Endomorphs)?
3) Can Endomorphs fit on the SnoCat rims?
4) How thin a tire can you get on your SnoCats?
5) Is it necessary to have offset rims on the front (or only the rear)?
6) Is it best to just get offset rims for both front and rear? (If not, what do you gain by having non-offset rims on the front)?
7) I'm leaning towards Avid BB7 disc brakes (both rears of course) - any problems with these? Any issues with switching the wheels out with these brakes? (never had discs before). Should I instead get hydraulic brakes to avoid problems with dust and debris that I've read can cause issues with mech discs? (this bike will be used in both snow and sand).
Thanks for any and all help.