Join Date: Dec 2005
Bikes: '03 Lemond Zurich, '85 Viner Special Professional, '89 Bianchi Brava
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Portland area rides, googlepedometercized
Figured it would be cool to have a thread where people posted favorite rides in all their google pedometer glory.
Going with the portland area only on this one for easier browsing later on, but if the mods feel it should be opened up to the whole PNW, i can't stop that. I can only shake my head and sigh heavily.
I'll start it off with the Blue Lake ride
Distance: ~34 Miles
Starting Point: Pete's Coffee at NE 15th and NE Broadway. The Lloyd center would probably be a place to park if needed.
1) West on NE Broadway
2) Right on N Williams
3) Make a left on N Killingsworth
4) Then a quick right onto N Vancouver Ave
5) Bear/cut right onto NE Vancouver Way
6) Right on NE 6th
7) Right on NE Marine Drive
8) You could just stay on Marine Drive, which is what the pedometer shows because it doesn't have bike/multiuse paths but right before 33rd street you can make a right and then a left under the small bridge and onto the path. This path will cross Marine Drive several times and at one point you'll be on Marine drive for maybe 1/2 a mile before the path starts up again on the right. About 2 or 3 miles before blue lake the path will end and you'll stay on Marine drive.
9) Make a right on NE Blue Lake Drive and head down to the park. Pass by all the cars that have to pay to get in, and go have you some cliff bar. You've earned it, big guy.
The path goes right along the Columbia river for a good portion of the time. Very pretty, especially on clear days with hood right in front of you on the way out there.
I have a few more I'll post up but where do you guys ride?
Last edited by JRider; 03-05-07 at 01:32 PM.