Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Seattle area (preferably Eastside) FIT experts?

    I recently made some changes to my bike and have had some backpain bad enough to get me off bike. I like the handlebars and would like to keep them if possible.

    I think I want to get it looked at by a true FIT expert. Any shops in Seattle area (preferably eastside as I live in Bellevue) that know how to FIT like nobody's business?
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  2. #2
    Center of the Universe ngateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Everett, WA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi San Remo, Norvara Intrepid MTB , Softride Solo 700
    Posts
    4,363
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gregg's has a shop in Bellevue also Performance has one in Redmond right on the Bellevue border near Overlake.
    Matthew 6

  3. #3
    BF Risk Manager
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snohomish County, Washington USA
    My Bikes
    Road, mountain and folding
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sammamish Valley Cycle in Redmond has a very elaborate fit system and the people who know how to use it. They would be my first choice.
    Regards, MillCreek
    Snohomish County, Washington USA

  4. #4
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ngateguy View Post
    Gregg's has a shop in Bellevue also Performance has one in Redmond right on the Bellevue border near Overlake.
    I know of some bike shops...but I'm specifically looking for some that people have experience knowing that they are really experts at fitting.


    Quote Originally Posted by MillCreek View Post
    Sammamish Valley Cycle in Redmond has a very elaborate fit system and the people who know how to use it. They would be my first choice.
    Great....I have been there once or twice already and like it as a bike shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  5. #5
    totally louche Bekologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    A land that time forgot
    My Bikes
    the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes
    Posts
    18,026
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Hill, a pro bike fitter and local racer par excellance, is now doing fits one or two days a week at Gregg's Bellevue.

    There's also Eric Moen, the highly and universally regarded bike fitting Sports Physical therapist up at the North end of the lake across the Burke Gilman from Kenmore Air. google "Erik Moen" for details on his practice- i think his site is www.bikept.com
    "Evidence, anecdote and methodology all support planning for roadway bike traffic."

  6. #6
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekologist View Post
    Matt Hill, a pro bike fitter and local racer par excellance, is now doing fits one or two days a week at Gregg's Bellevue.

    There's also Eric Moen, the highly and universally regarded bike fitting Sports Physical therapist up at the North end of the lake across the Burke Gilman from Kenmore Air. google "Erik Moen" for details on his practice- i think his site is www.bikept.com
    OK...now THAT is the kind of tip I was looking for. That guy looks like a true freakin EXPERT. Thanks Bekologist.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric Moen is outstanding at making the little (sometimes asymetrical) adjustments that make a huge difference - and if your health insurance covers physical therapy you'll even get it all paid for.

  8. #8
    BF Risk Manager
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snohomish County, Washington USA
    My Bikes
    Road, mountain and folding
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go to Eric, I would be curious to know the cost. I was told it was several hundred dollars, and I would be interested to learn if that was true.
    Regards, MillCreek
    Snohomish County, Washington USA

  9. #9
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarp View Post
    Eric Moen is outstanding at making the little (sometimes asymetrical) adjustments that make a huge difference - and if your health insurance covers physical therapy you'll even get it all paid for.
    I am about to go to Physical Therapy now under my insurance. This is why I am asking in the first place. I recently changed my handlebars and very quickly got back pain so severe that I can't ride until I work it out. I like the handlebars, but would like a fit expert to help me with the right handlebars and/or placements. That would just be icing on the cake if m insurance pays for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MillCreek View Post
    If you go to Eric, I would be curious to know the cost. I was told it was several hundred dollars, and I would be interested to learn if that was true.
    I would expect it would be hundreds of dollars, but I can try to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  10. #10
    BF Risk Manager
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snohomish County, Washington USA
    My Bikes
    Road, mountain and folding
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KT, in that case, Eric would be my first choice, since he is a physical therapist by training and profession. I have known professional cyclists who have gone to him for various PT problems, and they all swear by him.
    Regards, MillCreek
    Snohomish County, Washington USA

  11. #11
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MillCreek View Post
    KT, in that case, Eric would be my first choice, since he is a physical therapist by training and profession. I have known professional cyclists who have gone to him for various PT problems, and they all swear by him.
    I've already started working at getting an appointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  12. #12
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekologist View Post
    There's also Eric Moen, the highly and universally regarded bike fitting Sports Physical therapist up at the North end of the lake across the Burke Gilman from Kenmore Air. google "Erik Moen" for details on his practice- i think his site is www.bikept.com
    Thanks again Bekologist. I had my first appointment with Eric this morning and man is the guy a pro. He made a few adjustments on my bike that right away made some differences. He also wrote me a "prescription" for bike parts...how often can you claim that?

    Erik is a real pro....I'll be seeing him a time or two more to square up the fitting...and all on insurance's dime.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  13. #13
    tired donnamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Breezer Uptown 8, U frame
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite View Post
    I'll be seeing him a time or two more to square up the fitting...and all on insurance's dime.
    That's fantastic, KT.
    "Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."

  14. #14
    totally louche Bekologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    A land that time forgot
    My Bikes
    the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes
    Posts
    18,026
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to be of service (in a small way) helping to get you back on the ride, KT.
    "Evidence, anecdote and methodology all support planning for roadway bike traffic."

  15. #15
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekologist View Post
    Glad to be of service (in a small way) helping to get you back on the ride, KT.
    Well, it is VERY appreciated. It's killing me to be off the bike after I was just getting into my best riding shape thus far. Maybe the fit changes will help my riding when I'm back at it. The few changes he's made, I think it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •