Originally Posted by livin4eternity
I live in the Renton Highlands and hope to commute on my bike to Kirkland/Redmond near Snyders Corner. I intend to bike North on Coal Creek Parkway and then find my way through Bellevue, hopefully not straying too far East or West from I-405. However there does not appear to be any safe North/South route through Bellevue.
Does anyone have some advice on a safe route through Bellevue?
I ride in Bellevue a bunch.
Here's the route I'd suggest:
1) Under 405 on coal creek to lake washington blvd. Or, south on Richards road, left on SE 8th, and under 405, then right on 116th.
2) On 116th north until it ends. When the road ends, there's this little path/sidewalk that heads west.
3) Get on 112th north.
4) Keep riding 112th north until it descends down (steep), and goes underneath 520.
5) Left on northup
6) Right on Lake Wa blvd.
7) Straight/right onto lakeview Blvd, which turns into 68th, goes over the freeway, becomes 70th, and goes right into Snyder's corner.
That's pretty calm.
Another option, starting after #3 above:
4) Turn right on NE 12th. This is a little busy but not terrible.
5) Turn left on 116th.
6) Right on Northup.
7) Left on 116th
8) Right on 60th
9) Left on 132nd.
That's pretty good, except for the section of NE 12th over the freeway.
1) Richards road south.
2) West on lake hills connector.
3) Right at the light on NE 7th.
4) Left on 128th
5) Left on 2nd
6) Right on 124th
7) Past NE 8th
8) Left on NE 10th
9) Right on 120th
10) Left on northup
11) Right on 116th
12) continue with #8 from the last one
I think that's probably the calmest one of the three.