...and that makes Scott a sad panda.
Seriously, there was more awesome packed into those 17 days than I thought could be possible. The Portland bike scene has opened up a whole new aspect of bicycling that I had never experienced before - bike fun. Riding my bike used to be all about the fitness challenges, the scenery, or getting someplace when commuting. But lately I've been on some amazing rides with people who just like to have a good time on their bikes.
What were your favorite parts of Pedalpalooza?
* I enjoyed seeing people come out on their front porches to smile and wave during the kickoff ride
* Laughed when the daytime naked ride dropped by the Cirque du Cycling
* Quenched my thirst for water and knowledge during the Benson Bubbler ride
* Got to see some interesting Buddhist centers on the Buddhas by Bike ride
* Saw the streets come alive during NoPo Sunday Parkways
* Discovered the logistics of eating pizza with 100+ other riders on the pizza ride
My only regrets are not having more time to participate. Next year I'm definitely going to set aside some vacation time to use for this, and will probably lead a ride or two as well.